2nd Battle of Kharkov
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

#61:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:07 pm
    —
As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

#62:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:24 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
As I thought Berlin has cc5 elements thanks. Sapa, you are a veteran modder, me also I have used CC5 standard element file, I think you have read my posts here, Don't you have any idea why my battles crash very often? Regards Drizzt

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

#63:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:29 am
    —
Sapa wrote:
Drizzt wrote:

The advice from me is: use the Excell Program CC3 to CC5 maps.If it shows elements over 158 (i think) open 3C and change it to elements thats fit in CC5.Even if people complains about Berlin single crashes it works fine in my computer.I think it sometimes depends on the system you are using.(Win98,ME,XP..) I still think you should use Win98 for CC but maybe it is because i am beginnig to be an old dinosaur..
One other thing, look in your Vehicles.Adb and be sure of that it refers to the right wreck.I can remember that using Big or small letters can make the game crash....i really hope this could help you in anyway.
For me holiday is nere and i have just bought 24 Danish strong beers i will comsume.
The single battles crash is an old CC promblem and i think it is good that you are using the standard element file.Agree about that the GJS team could show some info.I am sure Dima is using the standard element file because he has just changed the orginal CC5 and we could discuss this further when he has made a complete mod....

Cheers Mats

One other thing, dont change the Uknown columns, i am almost sure they are not the problem...

#64:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:43 am
    —
Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

#65:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:19 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Many thanks for your reply Sapa!! Unfortunately many of your advice I have already done. Elements mayor of 158 I have changed with 0, and I have corrected my wreck column some time ago as you say when I have understand majuscule-minuscole letters problems. Something unknown column I am obliged to take: cc5 has approximately 75-80 vehicles-guns, my mod 98. About Berlin I use winXP and battles crash rare times. I hope to made my battles as Berlin level. (But I must admit that XP or not XP GJS battles never crash) Regards Drizzt

P.S. Good holiday!

I will share you a secret when i am in this mode.If you open Battlegroups.Adb, move to the left and put number 5 in the line for the Russians :Commanders use all tactical plans.

Uhaa!

Mats

#66:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:28 am
    —
Ehm..., maybe I don't understand well, but I think you would say: open battlegroups move to the right and write number 5 in tactics column? In this case I have already done it (not for all commanders). Anyway thanks again! Regards Drizzt

#67:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:16 pm
    —
Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

#68:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:44 pm
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Seems this time I have resolved my problem about crash battles, here how: I have used the same positions of guns and aircrafts of GJS vehicles.adb, the objective was to have wreck comumns with "NONE" at the same position of GJS, in this way I don't know why battles works 90% of times. Yeah! Regards Drizzt

Sounds really good! Smile

#69:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:21 pm
    —
Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

#70:  Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:01 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
I have used the standard CC5 Element file in the Berlin Mod

I stand corrected, thanks Sapa.

Grunt

#71:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:40 am
    —
Drizzt wrote:
Hi, Sapa, I have seen berlin vehicles.adb and I have noticed that you have done like me: the aircrafts and the few guns of your mod are in the same positions of GJS (and now of my mod). Maybe we can speak about a "general norm" now? Regards Drizzt

P.S You don't have noticed it ?!

No, i havent noticed that before but now i know.Thankyou!

Mats

#72: Khar Strat Map Author: jagd_jar1 PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:56 am
    —
Very nice!
It looks as if you have made your strat map after a player made Kharkov map from Panzer General Two. I can't begin to tell you how many hours I used to spend playing that game series. I think the PG2 icons make great BG Icons in CC5 a la Bloody Omaha.
I amlooking forward to your mod!

#73:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:11 am
    —
Thanks Jagd Jar1, but sincerly I think that my stratmap is not very nice (in PG2 yes, but in my mod is not well succeeded), I'm working to improve it: I think that as background I let it, but about 44 maps zone I'm working to insert pictures-maps of maps.mmm files. I will upload this new version and I will see comments before choose which stratmap let in the mod. Regards Drizzt

#74:  Author: robgLocation: Rio de Janeiro - Brazil PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:41 pm
    —
Hey Drizzt,
Are you still waitng for Stalingrad mod to release The Second Battle of Karkov ? Sad

#75:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:00 pm
    —
What's the latest on Karkov? We are all looking forward to it Very Happy

#76:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:32 am
    —
yea my tanks need a new paint with russian blood and the ones in stalingrad and berlin are not enough Twisted Evil

#77:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:16 pm
    —
Hi all, seems that finally I have resolved my problems of "stuttering and freeze" playing CC5 mods: was hardware problem: motherboard. I have re-worked some files cause I had lost some of them some months ago. The mod is now in a beta-testing phase, but I must change also 2-3 maps. I hope to release it in a month or two.
Sorry for no news in this months but after the loss of some files of my mod I was not sure if I wanted re-done them or not (but I do it!), also I can't play the mods (not now, I mean for some months ago cause the motherboard hardware problem): this had meant less interest in CCmods, so I don't knew what write: the mod is dead, freeze, abandoned? But now I can say that the mod is alive and has almost finished.

Regards, Drizzt

#78:  Author: Pzt_MacLocation: Oregon PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm
    —
Right on Drizzt, great news man Very Happy

#79:  Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm
    —
Dear Drizzt;
I read all Posts in this topic.Reading your conversation with "Dima" and Other
has so much pleasure Smile But I want tell you my Opinion.
I am a 22 years old Iranian war gamer,And there are too many WWII strategic games.But I chose "Close Combat series" (Now CCV mostly) Beacuse:
1st The game is authenticly rebuild a close combat Battle(ONLY Close close combat battles) more than ohter strategic games.
2nd These games are historically acurate and should say who I learn many
things of CC series(Like number of divisions in an Ops and name and quality of
each units & ...). So try your mod to be historically acurrate Not to be balanced by the cost of losing historicall authencity.
excuse me Drizzt,You are creature of this mod so you must decide,but
I only wanted to say my opnin.

We are waiting for your mod,Good luck.

#80:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:09 pm
    —
Hi Pzt Kami, don't worry, I have worked my mod to be historically correct with Dima help in past, he has helped me to identify vehicles and tanks in my mod timeline: the mod is well balanced simply because this phase of war was historically well balanced, I explain:
Russians had many men and tanks, but their strategy war was lesser good than germans. Germans had infantry more strong in equipment and well supported by guns, but not panthers or tigers in this period and T-34 was really good. This battle becamed a disaster for russians for their strategy not good: in follow-on of the war they learnt and used the same strategies (of germans) against germans. For example encirclement by fast tank units. Regards Drizzt

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 4 of 6