2nd Battle of Kharkov
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

#101:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:37 am
    —
Quote:
I still think the greens in Stalingrad look odd...a bit too bright and not pale enough.
no, it looks exactly how it should look after month or so of wearing in such conditions.

Washed out by the sun? Okay.

Quote:

didn't u check the links to uniform pics i've posted? Wink
khaki became standart since 1943.

I did...they look greenish...kinda like British Jungle Green.

#102:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:58 am
    —
BTW, here's Pzt_Kanov's thread on his custom Stalingrad uniforms:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3305

#103:  Author: Dima PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:07 am
    —
Quote:
Washed out by the sun? Okay.

yes and just washed for several times Smile.

actually that one of the main thing why alot of german spies were discovered - they had brand new uniforms Smile.

Quote:
I did...they look greenish...kinda like British Jungle Green.

yes and it becomes light green after some time.

Quote:
BTW, here's Pzt_Kanov's thread on his custom Stalingrad uniforms:

cool ones but not correct for that time.
They would be good for Kursk time maybe Smile.

#104:  Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:52 pm
    —
After all seems that uniform color I have used is right. Many things that are in stalingrad mod have been... my teacher for the mod! Thanks for the info Dima.

to squadleader, about IA: by my point of view there are three things for a good IA:
The size of the maps: in big maps IA don't work well, many CC3 maps are of medium size, also because they have a size limit that is less than CC5 maps size limit. You have reason: maps help!
The VLs: when possible is better put many of them in the centre zone of the map, when possible I tried to do it, when not possible I tried to do both (in the centre, in the edge: some maps have really many VLs).
Some columns in adb BGs: can help to do a good IA but without a medium size map (I mean if the map is too big) lose efficacy.

Regards, Drizzt

#105:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:28 am
    —
Yup! The uniforms are historical. Sorry about that. I've seen too many late war Russians with brownish khaki uniforms.
The photos from Dima's links show post 1943 Russian khakis as a bit greenish too actually...not brownish.

Still having a blast with my 'personal vetmod'...the surge of a relentless Soviet infantry charge always makes me cringe...always some of them get through the rain of German bullets and cause mayhem! And the artillery barrage is devastating!
And the KV-1 monsters...arrgghhhhhh!!!

#106:  Author: squadman45 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:52 pm
    —
Downloadiiiiiiiing Very Happy

#107:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:49 pm
    —
Dll'd, I'm at work...my fingers itchin'... Laughing

#108:  Author: Wittmann44 PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:40 pm
    —
yes when we can play it? Smile i need a new battlefield after the great SDK Smile

Oh!!! I havenĀ“t seen the releasethreat, sorry!

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  :| |:
Page 6 of 6