playing music when playing a close combat game
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:34 pm
    —
Who else plays themes like band of brothers, stalingrad, saving private ryan, mission impossible

or military german march music when there playing a game :p

or am I the only one !?  I must be crazy..

=D

#2: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:05 am
    —
I can see why you do as it soothes the mind at times, maybe cuts the boredom in the dull times.

At one time I used to play with loud background noises but I found it detracted from what was really going on.

I play with headphones now, no music. I want to be on to the sound of that panzerschrek or bazooka straight away.

I've tried without  sound at all but after getting pooned & I don't even know which direction it came from I curse myself never again.

Lately I've been playing CC WAR with Digs sound mod, just the right balance I reckon (Good one Digs Exclamation )

Its a matter of choice but when its serious stuff & your men are on the line.

Headphones & a light sound mod are the go!

#3: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:21 am
    —
My habit is to put on one of my WW2 dvds doc or movie on in the backgound.

#4: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:03 am
    —
ME!!! ME!!!! ME!!!!!

well......at least me and chessmaster has this kind of "thing"

the truth is that if i play that knd of music while playing CC......well it gives me like a feeling that i am "inside" the battle.....

i also have this album of the Russian Red Army Choir (Alexandrov) and also the US Army Choir (Pershing's Own), the Essential War Film Themes (album of the soundtracks of war films) and the soundtracks of the games of Medal of Honor.......and yeah......also the German Military Marches

#5: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:11 am
    —
oh...by the way

anybody who also likes to listen of what i just mentioned...just pm me or reply to this thread......at least i can share my blessings to all of you.....Smile

#6: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:51 pm
    —
you can always send me themes & songs friend, medal of honer themes are great, they're all on youtube 2

I don't set the music to loud.. I can still here everything, from sniper attacks to piat's or shreks firing, that's the trick.. don't set it loud ;)

PS: sometimes I set up 'rain & storm' sounds, I get the feeling my troops are fighting in the mud & seeking shelter from the howling wind & rain, kinda interesting you guys should try that 2

#7: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:55 pm
    —
thanks for the tip!!!! will try that......

#8: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:41 pm
    —
Try this for size:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy965HvXK5Y

Nothing more stirring than the sound of the pipes....specially the Black Bear! even for a sassanach Very Happy

Cheers
Ronson

#9: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:23 pm
    —
I often like to play hits from the era, like the Andrews Sisters, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, Jimmy Dorsey, Harry James, Sinatra, Crosby etc, mixed with the occasional war march (all nationalities) and some European songs from the era. Also sometimes inspiring German songs like "Bomben Auf England" when I play the German side Cool.

#10: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:58 pm
    —
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky-zdHMNFNM
only Westerwald!!!

#11: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:18 pm
    —
hehe great Smile themes and songs, will try those 2

i found another great.. soundtrack.. i forgot all about its from a RPG game called Silver (1996 - 1998 something)

this soundtrack with me be great for a new mod.. like attack on poland Smile you but this soundtrack in the menu layout

http://66.90.118.45/soundtracks/silver-dean-evans/xrtakwbmjc/03-fuges-theme.mp3

it would scare the hell out of me when.. the germans would march in to poland

#12: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: carusoLocation: Livorno PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:13 pm
    —
hehe old but nice post...i have my playlist of german mp3, some times  Smile

Got it mostly trough this site:

http://wahm.no-ip.com/music/music.htm

It has a vast collection of very good mp3...

Youtube is good as welll...or WW2 dvds doc or movie also...

cheers

#13: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm
    —
I like to watch a ballgame on mute when playing.

Like above I need to hear the faust/piat and death-yells.

#14: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm
    —
I dont listen to much music when playing but I do when editing.

Pretty much the old 80's stuff.
AC/DC
Pat Benatar
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath

You know
the stuff Normal people listen to.

#15: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:26 pm
    —
Check on that my friend.  Wink

#16: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:47 am
    —
see below

Last edited by platoon_michael on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total

#17: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 am
    —

Link

Link

My 80's Big Hair Days.
They weren't big nationally but they were Huge on the East Coast MD/VA

#18: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:12 pm
    —
Gotta add KIX to the list or else all my friends would hate me if they ever found out.

#19: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 am
    —
How do you insert a youtube video and get it to properly display?

#20: Re: playing music when playing a close combat game Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:49 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
How do you insert a youtube video and get it to properly display?

Is there a number in the URL? At the end or start of the URL. Try removing it. I had the same problem for ages.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2