Real walls - revisited
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#21: Re: Real walls - revisited Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:55 am
    —
Well I am new at this discussion, so...

Why isn't a modswap version for TLD but only for LSA?

#22: Re: Real walls - revisited Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 am
    —
Bordic wrote (View Post):
Well I am new at this discussion, so...

Why isn't a modswap version for TLD but only for LSA?

Hi,
someone asked me to make a LSA version of the real walls concept ... while I was experimenting with soldier movement (and Line of Sight through walls) for the TLD mod called Ground Tactics.

Due to several issues that were found in some TLD maps ... I decided to rethink and then change the way soldiers move through buildings.
Therefore, in Ground Tactics 5 ... walls of buildings are not coded like the real walls concept, but still provide (what I think) is a realistic way of simulating soldier movement and Line of Sight in and around buildings.

For real walls in LSA, soldiers can not move through walls ... only through doors and windows (and maybe not be able to get Line of sight through a solid wall either ... can't remember).

But for Ground Tactics 5, soldiers can still move through walls (except bunkers), but rarely do because the windows and doors are coded to be less restrictive for soldiers to move through ... so they take the path of least resistance. This simulates realistic routes, but greatly reduces the problem of soldiers getting stuck and/or separated in complex buildings. Also, interior walls are coded for Line of Sight only when adjacent (right beside) ... which simulates more close quarters combat within buildings.

david

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2