News from the COI League
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: News from the COI League Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 pm
    —
Piers Morgan interviews US_Brake 6-25-11 CNN  
------------------------------------------------------------

Piers: It is a pleasure to meet you US_Brake.

US_Brake: The pleasure is mine Piers, thank you.

Piers: We understand you have created a League for the game Close Combat: Cross of Iron?

US_Brake: Yes I have. Cross of Iron is a redux of the classic wargame Close Combat III the Russian Front.

Piers: What inspired you to make this League?

US_Brake: The Close Combat community has become soft. Players have played CCV and other lesser games against the AI so long they completely lost all skill. I felt that it was important to challenge the players with some hardcore human vs human simulation of the slaughter on the eastern front in WW2.

Piers: So skill is an important factor in this League?

US_Brake: Yes it is, vey important.

Piers: According to your League site it reports that you lost a game to SLAKKATTAK last night?

US_Brake: Yes I did, but I would rather not discuss that.

Piers: Critics have suggested a conflict of interest since you are both #1 in the League and the Admin. How does that make you feel?

US_Brake: That makes me sad Piers, real sad. People who say that, just want to create a distraction away from what this League is really all about. A group of international gamers who are learning how to kill with technology and tactics of WW2. I can tell you this,  the ladder system is automated and my Admin powers are used responsibly.  I can't say with certainty that a member might get screwed over at some point playing on this leaderboard but I know that I won't.

Piers: Interesting... Have you any previous experience with Close Combat Leagues?

US_Brake: Yes, I competed on both the Tournament House Ladder and on Cases Ladder. I reached #1 on Cases Ladder on two occassions defeating HG_Tread and then KPB_Luk13.

Piers: These wargame Ladders have a reputation for pet mapping, vulgar trash language and forum trolling do they not?

US_Brake: No! Nothing could be further from the truth Piers. In fact our motto is "Honor in Victory or Defeat."

Piers: What does that mean exactly?

US_Brake: It means League member keep their cool regardless of winning or losing a game. And they report losses after games.

Piers: How does it feel to be defeated in a game of Close Combat?

US_Brake: Pure Hell, a horrible feeling.

Piers: Parents have raised concerns about their children playing this game and what it might do to them. What is your take on that?

US_Brake: We are not concerned about children. Some may join and play a game or two but, since they are children they quickly return to AI only games. You have to be an adult with a thick skin to handle League play.

Piers: Many issues have been raised about this game being buggy and a dated game from the early 90's.

US_Brake: Bugs don't concern our community, we crush bugs with our boots. And when has anyone made a better wargame?

Piers: How interesting... It has been a pleasure US_Brake and I wish you great success in this new ladder. Before you go, can you tell our viewers how they can join this League.

US_Brake: certainly, gamers who want to join sign up. They can find additional information at closecombatseries.net or at gameranger.com.

Piers: Fantastic!  US_Brake, thank you !

US_Brake: Thank you Mr Morgan have a good evening.

http://www.myleague.com/closecombat

Last edited by US_Brake on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake-P-Morgan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.17 KB
 Viewed:  8797 Time(s)

US_Brake-P-Morgan.jpg

#2: Re: News from the COI League Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:03 pm
    —

Charming to have chatted with US Brake a few days ago !  :)

AND what NEWS! glorious and good and grand too!  

AHhhhh.  Brings it all Back!  The Zone.  Ladders & Cases etc.  heheh  

Thank YOU! US Brake and tu for this New League and great chat / interview!

Take Note All lovers of Close Combat.  

Wonderful to have a friend!  Very Happy

#3: Re: News from the COI League Author: ErwinSp PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:26 pm
    —
Nice One Brake!

#4: Re: News from the COI League Author: SLAAKMAN PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:23 pm
    —
CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE INTO THE GUNFIRE!!

Twisted Evil

#5: Re: News from the COI League Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 am
    —
Beaten by SLAAAAK....snicker snicker....

#6: Re: News from the COI League Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:54 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

YA HA YA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AH AH HAHAHAHA

Link

#7: Re: News from the COI League Author: SLAAKMAN PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:10 pm
    —

WELCOME TO MY DOJO LITTLE SCHRECKIE. IVE GOT A SCRECK WITH YOUR NAME ON IT!!  Twisted Evil

#8: Re: News from the COI League Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 pm
    —
Looks like an onsen not a dojo

#9: Re: News from the COI League Author: SLAAKMAN PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm
    —
There is only one way to find out if youve got the stones..... Evil or Very Mad

#10: Re: News from the COI League Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 am
    —
SLAAKMAN wrote (View Post):
There is only one way to find out if youve got the stones..... Evil or Very Mad

Dieses ist Sparta-Liga.

Link

This is Sparta League (in Russian)

Link

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1