Replacing a map in CCLSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:48 pm
    —
Im so tired of the gameplay on the startmap Valkensward (nothing happens!)

Trying to replace it with another (smaller) of Southern_Lands great maps to get some action in the game...

I am no mapexpert, what must i do to use a CC5 map (coded for CC5) to work in CCLSA?  Changed the Btd;s and they looks ok but i suppose i must recode the map? with what??

Any ideas? Thanks!

#2: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm
    —
Hey Sapa,

The element file used in the re-releases is based on CC5 with additional elements so maps coded for stock CC5 can be used....

#3: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:09 pm
    —
Thanks i thought so too, but the OVM map is not shown and the map doesent load hmmm...

I thought it had something to do with the elements file...i love the game but i think it needs a smaller Valkensward map...

Thanks again will try on :)

#4: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:09 pm
    —
Hi Sapa!

neither I am no mapexpert but for newS CC I use this package.....

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CCMT/ccmt_mapedit.html

is basic 3CC but with the encoding function maps to CCMT

I hope will be helpful Wink

#5: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:23 pm
    —
Thankyou! :) will test it :D

#6: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:13 pm
    —
Thankyouu! :))

valken2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  181.67 KB
 Viewed:  5949 Time(s)

valken2.jpg

Valken1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.31 KB
 Viewed:  5949 Time(s)

Valken1.jpg

#7: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:22 pm
    —
After about 2 minutes the AI is attacking with full force ;)

valken3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.2 KB
 Viewed:  5945 Time(s)

valken3.jpg

#8: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:20 pm
    —
You could try just chopping oiff the southern 1/3 of Valkensward and adjusting the BTD

i m ight try that today... thanks Sapa

#9: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:39 am
    —
So how did you do this?
I've tried to replace a map in WAR and didn't have any luck.
Everything was all messed up.

#10: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am
    —
Used the PS1 map from Berlin mod and replaced the filenames with the the Valknwrd files. Made a new BTD with excellent Mafi Tool BTD edit with Victory locations, mapconnections and Allied Entry point.

I would like to have a small new Walkensvaard map please! ;)

#11: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am
    —
What about the Elements?
My attempt at changing a map in WAR screwed up the coding/elements so bad I had Palm trees instead of Pine trees.
And trust me that was the best it had going for it.

#12: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:25 pm
    —
If you read the posts above..maps coded with CC5 elements should work, what kind of map did you use?

#13: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:09 pm
    —
try this... I'm getting mixed results

Small valkenswaard

strat1940.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.13 KB
 Viewed:  5876 Time(s)

strat1940.jpg

#14: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:11 am
    —
ahh! thankyou! :D

will try it..

#15: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 am
    —
Thanks again! Will test tonight and make som changes to the BTD;s and maybe fool the Ai ;)

valken.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.44 KB
 Viewed:  5847 Time(s)

valken.jpg

#16: Re: Replacing a map in CCLSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:28 am
    —
I changed Church  to 200 and added Rectory @ 200 to try and pull the AI north.

But your suggestions look good.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1