CCV Mortar barrages
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: CCV Mortar barrages Author: pitapot PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:03 am
    —
I have a CCV Invasion Normandy game dated 2000. Why is it there are few battles/ops/camps with mortar barrages and air strikes. It puzzles me that there is this feature but is seldom employed. Even in the edit mode I can not figure out how to prompt these features except to get original maps which have say 2 barrages, but I can't add to them. What is the secret for using this feature? The edit mode indicates you can change the barrage and air strike possibilities but i am unable to get any results. I would like to be able, for example, edit a campaign, and have say 3 or 4 barrages, and 2 or 3 or more air strikes, but so far I have not been able to do it.

#2:  Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:21 pm
    —
Available support depends on the day of the op.
When creating an op in the editor then start the op on the 9th.
Provides more support on June 9+. Then germans can have some as well.

#3:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:46 am
    —
Also, playing as recruit will give you more air and arty support than will, say, elite. But this is the extent of the control you have in the stock game. It is possible using freeware editors to distribute arty, air and naval differently.

Since CC4, it's been apparent to me that arty is under-represented in the game, parhaps for play balance. The US army history of the bulge indicates that German armoured attacks were stopped numerous times virtually by arty alone. If the arty in the game were that stong, it would be the deciding factor every time.

Tacloban

#4:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:06 am
    —
Remember that the artillery barrage is really just 4 81mm mortars. To use this effectively I put the barrages on likely enemy routes towards a VL, or I drop it on an area I expect there to be a last second dash as the time runs out.

Dont use the barrage in hopes of killing alot of men, use it for suppression.

#5:  Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:06 pm
    —
use the barrages on panthers, you will regularly immobilize one of them, which gives you a good chance that it might get scrapped.

yeah i know, its stupid, but it works.

#6:  Author: Tacloban PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:40 am
    —
Funny, it seems to kill infantry just fine for me, especially if you catch them in the open. But it won't do much more than occasionally track an enemy tank, which was my beef with it as the US player in CC4.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1