Medals for both sides
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Medals for both sides Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 pm
    —
I'm playing the Battle of Scheldt mod for CC5 and I 'd like to know what the various medals stand for and what is the highest etc. I can recognize some of them but not all.

#2: Re: Medals for both sides Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:01 am
    —
Hey Frank,

My apologies for this late reply. I'm currently on holiday so I will have to get back on this one. Of the top of my head it would be the Victoria Cross, DSO and DSC and probarbly some sort of Wound badge like the purple heart but as I said I have to get back on this one...

CHeers Buck

#3: Re: Medals for both sides Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:16 pm
    —
Hello Frank follow this link:-

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8658&highlight=medals

There was not a 'wound' medal as such for the CW forces in WW2 however a wound stripe was worn on the lower left battledress sleeve.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mike.comerford/ORDNANCE/48b.htm

Cheers
Ronson

#4: Re: Medals for both sides Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 am
    —
Thank you very much for those ronson, very helpful.

Edit. Makes me wish that there was a way to micromanage the troops more, and maybe put the ones with high commendations 'on hold'.

#5: Re: Medals for both sides Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:28 pm
    —
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
Thank you very much for those ronson, very helpful.

Edit. Makes me wish that there was a way to micromanage the troops more, and maybe put the ones with high commendations 'on hold'.

Nah man, real heroes put themselves in the frontline! Smile

#6: Re: Medals for both sides Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:46 pm
    —
kweniston,

some of my soldiers have received some high commendations but have later fallen in battle.  Sad I wish I'd kept them alive, now I have no way of proving that some of them got those higher medals.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1