Historical Grand Campaign
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#21: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:12 am
    —
Sapa rather than removing motars why not edit the data files to reduce thier deadliness??

Removing them utterly is taking away an important tactical element from the game (mortar smoke and surpression)

#22: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:45 am
    —
Because i hate them and the girlie soldiers runs anyway in the wrong direction when they got under surpression from one bullet...and the smoke..i cant really say i miss it...

Its rather nice to see a "88" survive a 15 minute battle ;)

#23: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: pagskier PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:10 pm
    —
But mortar are iomportant to supress ennemy in open no?

#24: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm
    —
Yes in Last Stand Arnhem they kill 50% of the enemy troops and 99% of the AT-guns, thats why i removed a lot of them...

thats my opinion Wink

#25: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:43 am
    —
yeah I agree with you
TBH I'm looking forward to this mod to start to play again LSA! I found it quite dissapointing campaing wise...

But having mortar in battlegroup is usually quite important to ground your ennemy, could it be possible to reduce their effectiveness instead?

#26: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:19 am
    —
yes Sapa its easy enough to reduce thier blast radius or kill rating to make them more similar to mortars in cc5. Without having to remove them entirely from the game

#27: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:32 am
    —
-Herr Kapten! The Americans are attacking! 10 to 1 !!!

-Dont worry soldier..we have a mortar  Very Happy

mortar.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.62 KB
 Viewed:  12489 Time(s)

mortar.jpg

#28: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:34 am
    —
Sapa I'm not sure where you stand, do you like LSA mortars or not? Please make your feelings more clear.  Razz

#29: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:34 am
    —
Hehe  Cool

#30: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:58 am
    —
some more changes

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.32 KB
 Viewed:  12453 Time(s)

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.51 KB
 Viewed:  12453 Time(s)

1.jpg

#31: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 am
    —
Those flags look very Nice.

#32: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 pm
    —
Thankyou :)

Battlegroup names on flags

names.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  186.86 KB
 Viewed:  13190 Time(s)

names.jpg

#33: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am
    —
Looks good Sapa!

#34: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm
    —
Sapa wrote (View Post):
-Herr Kapten! The Americans are attacking! 10 to 1 !!!

-Dont worry soldier..we have a mortar  Very Happy

CC mortars are a joke - instant communications, instant aiming and instant projectile impact.

#35: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 am
    —
May I suggest putting the text under the flags within a colored box that provides better contrast?

I can't read what currently is displayed

#36: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:00 pm
    —
Try these Very Happy

glasögon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  76.92 KB
 Viewed:  12383 Time(s)

glasögon.jpg

#37: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: tedy28 PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:36 pm
    —
This command icon ?Smile))

#38: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:18 pm
    —
Last Stand Arnhem desperately needs some improvements / mod's.  No offense to any of the developers that may visit these forums.  The AI is actually worse than the original CC2 product released over 10 years ago.  I had hoped for at least on par but it actually is worse.  Compensates by basically reducing force pool allocation on your side and beefing up the AI numbers but then it just ends up as turkey shoot with zombie AI...the strategic map in particluar, the AI is paralyzed and can never seem to make any movements, etc.

Good job on this Sapa.  Maybe your Hobbit pal can make you a few new maps again.

#39: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:48 am
    —
I agree, playing my changed game with both sides and it feels rather nice right now. I really cant understand how the stupid mortars slipped through the game testing??? they are better then snipers...but i suppose its a matter of taste...

One other thing i dont understand is..when is the destroyed bridges repaired? reached several maps with the XXX:Corps and the bridges stayed destroyed battle after battle...hmm

bridges.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  188.49 KB
 Viewed:  12342 Time(s)

bridges.jpg

#40: Re: Historical Grand Campaign Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:02 am
    —
With regards to the mortars the minimum range should be increased to something close to realistic, the blast power reduced, but the blast radius increased. Hopefully this will give suppression.

MG42 seems way too deadly. If a team comes under persistent MG42 fire it is always wiped out.

With the strat map I would like to see the immovable teams not be absorbed when a friendly unit passes through, as it so often means that a bridge is then left undefended.

Bridges  take time to repair.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 4