Revision to Battle of the Scheldt
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

#1: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: Silverpen PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:57 pm
    —
Where do I find the second revision to this game which was mentioned in the news a while back?

Silverpen

#2: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:38 am
    —
No second revision has been released - the first 2 versions were just that good  Smile  . What in particular do you think would require a new revision?

#3: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:03 am
    —
I found the spotting in that mod a bit funky. Units get seen very easily and when they do they usually get annihilated by small arms fire even at very long ranges.

If the mod was to use GJS style weapons and solider data it would be better imho.

#4: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:03 pm
    —
I've been playing a long German campaign with this mod and I think it's ok. Only thing is, even with maximum advantage, the AI is unable to progess on the map making most of the fights happen in the same few maps. Gets a bit repetitive.

#5: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:19 am
    —
The terrain in a lot of areas was very open and movement hard due to a lot of low lands and mud....

#6: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:24 pm
    —
Playing the AI can indeed be boring, especially if you let them attack you. I am experiencing this with most mods. It seems the number and placement of vl's does influence this behaviour.

#7: Re: Revision to Battle of the Scheldt Author: VandooLocation: North PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:28 pm
    —
Hi

I'm currently playing the GC as canucks against the AI and of course no miracles are expected from it but I keep attacking continuously so its not that bad. What I like the most are the maps, simply gorgeous, thank you modders for your hard work.
The only downpoint is the AI constantly popping BG's at fort Frederick Hendrick (only to get slaughtered)...  Any human player  right in his head wouldnt do that, since all the southern portion of the strat map is Under allied control. I'm a point of putting my troops in defence\ambush then I unleash a naval barrage on the AI when the game starts then I go doing my dishes or whatever...  Apart from that great mod, wish toplay it h2h sometime.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1