red box?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: red box? Author: blinddog14Location: Grand Canyon PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 am
    —
O.K, this is probably old biz for most of you hardened vets. I just learned about the red ammo boxes you might find laying about in some of the buildings~ which cleared up a question or two, but with a couple of add-ons~ Ramelle and Mustra~ I've had a couple of the same buildings blow without the aid of a red box. What am I missing? I've looked at the maps, but cannot discern any oddity.
Also, I've read mines were not a big factor in putting together CC2, but has anyone created a mine mod or plug-in or whatever?
thanks from a mule riding hillbilly,
the blinddog
p.s. If I shouldn't post under "forums", pls let me know...

#2: Re: red box? Author: matthewhalosLocation: Davao City, Philippines PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:55 am
    —
maybe the AI has used a Churchill AVRE....it's single round can devastate a building, just like an exploding red box....

#3: Re: red box? Author: thumb PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:11 pm
    —
Keep in mind that the map graphic is not the "real" map. The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned. The "real" map is the mapname.txt file that defines every 10x10 pixel (2x2 meters at game scale) area of the map graphic as a specific terrain element type. A list of all the terrain element types used in each CC version is found in the \Data\Base\Elements file. From CC3 on, you can right click on the map graphic and see the name of the terrain element type under the cursor.

The "red boxes" on CC2 map graphics are coded in the \Data\Maps\mapname file as terrain element #141 - Munitions. However, any portion of a CC2 map graphic like Ramelle can be arbitrarily coded as Munitions - in effect creating a large hidden mine.

Nude.jpg
 Description:
The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned.
 Filesize:  168.62 KB
 Viewed:  7970 Time(s)

Nude.jpg

#4: Re: red box? Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:13 am
    —
Oh...... I REALLY want THIS MOD !!!!   ;)

.... strategically (tactically??) placed infantry and AFV!!!  Smile

#5: Re: red box? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 am
    —
Quote:
strategically (tactically??)

Lasciviously?

#6: Re: red box? Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:13 pm
    —
thumb wrote (View Post):
Keep in mind that the map graphic is not the "real" map. The map graphic can be any picture as far as the game is concerned. The "real" map is the mapname.txt file that defines every 10x10 pixel (2x2 meters at game scale) area of the map graphic as a specific terrain element type. A list of all the terrain element types used in each CC version is found in the \Data\Base\Elements file. From CC3 on, you can right click on the map graphic and see the name of the terrain element type under the cursor.

The "red boxes" on CC2 map graphics are coded in the \Data\Maps\mapname file as terrain element #141 - Munitions. However, any portion of a CC2 map graphic like Ramelle can be arbitrarily coded as Munitions - in effect creating a large hidden mine.

Haha... I luv that map  Very Happy .

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1