Taking prisoners / sacking units
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

#1: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 pm
    —
I'm playing this mod and started wondering, is it possible to 'sack' enemy troops by closing in on them from all directions or something? I noticed that I very rarely take enemy prisoners.

I'm playing against AI with allied with difficulty at elite, germans at recruit and everything but always see enemy ticked for them.

#2: Re: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am
    —
something like thatorthat?Smile

#3: Re: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:14 pm
    —
Not sure what those pictures are supposed to show. In the GJS total realism campaign I'm playing now as the allied even the German tank crews can take out alllied rifle units and basically never surrender.

And yea I mean to take the enemy soldiers as prisoners. I guess it's easier to take the low moral - units like Osttruppen as prisoners. The SS-troops etc. probably never surrender.

Just that IRL in Normandy etc. there was quite a bit of surrenderings if a unit was cut off and clearly the underdog. It would be nice if there was a way to get enemy to surrender by sacking them or something, I'd see that as a bigger tactical victory then destroying them.

#4: Re: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 pm
    —
Quote:
Not sure what those pictures are supposed to show. In the GJS total realism campaign I'm playing now as the allied even the German tank crews can take out alllied rifle units and basically never surrender.

first pictures shows the German SS-PzGrenadier team that helped itself with the British small arms.
second picture shows crew of 21.PzD PaK43 surrendered to the brits.

Quote:
And yea I mean to take the enemy soldiers as prisoners. I guess it's easier to take the low moral - units like Osttruppen as prisoners.

just overhelm with numbers low-grade teams or teams w/o NCOs, and you'll see Smile. Better suppress first and then overhelm Wink.

#5: Re: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:04 am
    —
Sometimes I'm pinning down a unit, let's say a German LMG or something, and then attack them from the rear and flanks. What happens they just turn around and engage the unit attacking from rear in hand-to-hand combat and quite often take out a few of my troops. Sometimes they do some pretty heroic resistance.

So, I'm not taking prisoners anymore  Very Happy , I'm nuking those Gerries with everything I got.

#6: Re: Taking prisoners / sacking units Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:56 pm
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
first pictures shows the German SS-PzGrenadier team that helped itself with the British small arms

Presumably a well trained and motivated SS  team?

Close Combat Series -> Total Realism Sub Mod

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1