CC:LSA Map Modding Question
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 am
    —
Is it possible to rotate a map by 90 degrees and still have it playable in the game or would rotating them 90 degrees throw off the game system? In other words I'd like to take, for instance, the Arnhem bridge map and have the bridge run east-west instead of north-south. Is this possible without recoding or whatever the whole map?

Many thanks everyone out there in CCS land for your help!

#2: Re: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 am
    —
no, you have to do a lot of work again on the map : your graphics will be wrong (shadows will be wrong and it can be disturbing but not unplayable) - you have to recode the maps and to change the roof file + the bridge sprite.

#3: Re: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:19 pm
    —
Hi!

Try CC2Tools,There is an option that i Think tha you are searching for your project.

very fast and very simply!

rotate 90 degres.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.36 KB
 Viewed:  3248 Time(s)

rotate 90 degres.jpg

#4: Re: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:26 pm
    —
sorry for my wrong answer! good find DAK_Legion!

#5: Re: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: thumb PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm
    —
Mafi's CC2Tool will rotates a map 90 degrees counterclockwise, then flips it vertically to maintain the standard 'southern hemisphere' shadow orientation.

The Arnhem Bridge would end up looking like this:

ArnhemBr.jpg
 Description:
Arnhem Road Bridge, rotated and flipped
 Filesize:  326.09 KB
 Viewed:  3233 Time(s)

ArnhemBr.jpg

#6: Re: CC:LSA Map Modding Question Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:12 pm
    —
Flipping Guide

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/ccmt/flip.html

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1