New weapon sounds for LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: romppane PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:15 pm
    —
edit:
New version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gdzb6yfnhach6m8
Weapons.txt for the new version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?53p3odth2z8bm3d

I wasn't happy with the weapon sounds in Last Stand Arnhem, so I replaced almost all of them. They came out rather well so I thought I'd share them. With a few exceptions these are samples of the actual guns being fired.

The file goes in the LOCALFX folder in your LSA folder.
Let me know what you think.

Last edited by romppane on Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:58 am; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:30 pm
    —
Definitely will give it try, thank you!

#3: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm
    —
Thanks for your work! nice sounds! a little low maybe but there is medecine for it Wink

#4: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: romppane PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:20 pm
    —
I had to leave some headroom for the big guns. The game had some issues with small arms sounding too loud and drowning out the cannons.

#5: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: Sapa PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:33 pm
    —
Great work! Thankyou wery much!  Very Happy

#6: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: romppane PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:29 pm
    —
I've made updates to the sound file, and added lots of new sounds. Now far fewer weapons share the same sound effect. To hear the new sounds you need to download the new Weapons.txt file and put it in your BASE folder.

The sound effect numbers were made to coincide with those in TLD: Ground Tactics, so you can use these sounds with that mod as well. In that case, keep the Ground Tactics Weapons.txt.

#7: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:11 pm
    —
romppane wrote (View Post):
I've made updates to the sound file, and added lots of new sounds. Now far fewer weapons share the same sound effect. To hear the new sounds you need to download the new Weapons.txt file and put it in your BASE folder.

The sound effect numbers were made to coincide with those in TLD: Ground Tactics, so you can use these sounds with that mod as well. In that case, keep the Ground Tactics Weapons.txt.

Hi romppane,
nice work with your sound mod Smile
I would like to update the Ground Tactics mod with many of your sounds ... with your permission (as well as add your name to the credits). Is this OK?

david

#8: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: romppane PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 pm
    —
Hi, David. Sure, why not.

#9: Re: New weapon sounds for LSA Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:34 pm
    —
romppane wrote (View Post):
Hi, David. Sure, why not.

Thanks Smile
david

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1