Recoding LSA maps
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Recoding LSA maps Author: george-1st PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 pm
    —
Hello guys new here. I mess around with my CC games from time to time and lately I've been trying to find out how to recode LSA maps to use them with CC5-Mattel Version or CCIII-Cross of Iron.

I am willing to give it a try, but I would not know the first thing about going about it. What files to work on, how to work on them, etc.

I recently downloaded the "OLDER- A Bridge Too Far" converted  maps to CC5 and enjoy using the maps, but the newer version in LSA have superior graphics and I would rather use them instead if possible.

If you could direct me to a topic section with the info on how to go about it, it would be most helpful. If not, maybe someone might guide me in a step by step fashion as to what I need to do.  

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

#2: Re: Recoding LSA maps Author: thumb PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:02 am
    —
No re-coding of the terrain on LSA maps would be necessary. Instead you need to rewrite the CC5 /Data/Base/Elements.adb file to match, as closely as possible, the LSA /Data/Base/Elements.txt file. You wont have bridge detonations or under-bridge movement using LSA maps in CC5.

Use Qclone to unpack the CC5 Elements.adb file to Elements.txt, edit the CC5 Elements.txt to match the LSA Elements.txt. Repack the modified Elements.txt to Elemenst.adb with Qclone

Use CCshrink to crop any LSA maps that are larger than 3900x3900 pixels down to that size.

Use BED9 to create new mapname.BTD files for the LSA maps. .BTD files define VLs including exit/entry VLs

Rename all the LSA map files to be used (x out of 64 maps total) to match the 44 CC5 map names, or, edit the Maps/Index.mpi file

#3: Re: Recoding LSA maps Author: george-1st PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:48 am
    —
Thanks! I'll start working on a couple of maps and see how that fares. Will post progress.

Thanks again.

#4: Re: Recoding LSA maps Author: george-1st PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:51 am
    —
Would that work as well in CCIII- Cross of Iron?

#5: Re: Recoding LSA maps Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:15 am
    —
Some are too large for CC5 (max 3720x3720 pixels), probably most are too large for COI (max 2880x2880 pixels) so they'll need trimming with cc2tools to suit

#6: Re: Recoding LSA maps Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:19 am
    —
re-coding would be best

Set up a lookup/translation table in cc2tools to convert to CC5 and CC3/coI

i think Mafi has already done this for you though.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1