Wall Street under occupation
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:03 am
    —
I do not profess to be an anarchist or revolutionary type.  However I must admit to being very inspired by this largely unreported movement for the past 12 days of a group of American citizens that are literally occupying the Wall Street district of NY. "The Resistance Continues": 

https://occupywallst.org/

Note the NY Police Dept brutally attacked peaceful demonstrators that were just standing, not a threat to anyone.  One high ranking officer pulled-out his heavy-duty Pepper canister and assaulted a group of women without any warning or provocation.

"...Late last night we found out which white collar officer had maced our innocent protesters. We did not release this information as we had not yet come to a consensus on how to approach the situation. Earlier today we discovered that this information had already been released.

Yesterday, an NYPD spokesperson implied that we had edited the video to remove incriminating actions on the part of our peaceful protesters. Here are a few different angles and cuts of the event that we had not previously released..."

#2: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 am
    —
V for Vendetta of course amongst the crowd

409773635.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  82.33 KB
 Viewed:  16685 Time(s)

409773635.jpg

376ox.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.42 KB

376ox.jpg

6193186769_4fe13d8112.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.75 KB
 Viewed:  16687 Time(s)

6193186769_4fe13d8112.jpg

#3: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:37 am
    —
Actually this is an international movement...spanning major cities across the world:

"...We hope to provide people with information about events that are organizing, ongoing, and building across the (world) as we, the 99%, take action against the greed and corruption of the (top)1%."

http://occupytogether.org/

Even the Rightie Ron Paul supporters could not resist the temptation to join in solidarity.

adbusters_blog_ocw_anon_ny_0.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.65 KB

adbusters_blog_ocw_anon_ny_0.jpg

#4: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:35 am
    —
Correction...Occupy Wall Street Day 14 has finally been shown on CNN and MSNBC.  Mostly due to the investigation about Police misconduct and one high-ranking NYPD officer has been placed on suspension for unprovoked Pepper Spray attack.  The NYPD also bashed a cameraman and slammed him into a parked car head-first.  

Get Money Out - No to the 1%
http://www.getmoneyout.com/

It's Time to GET MONEY OUT of politics
Bailouts. War. Unemployment. Our government is bought, and we’re angry. Now, we’re turning our anger into positive action. By signing this petition, you are joining our campaign to get money out of politics. Our politicians won’t do this. But we will. We will become an unrelenting, organized wave advocating a Constitutional amendment to get money out of politics.

...From our Washington Insider, Jimmy Williams, here is our Constitutional Amendment:
"No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office."

#5: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:49 am
    —
Yea I've seen some footage...Police macing these women...small women...doesn't look good for the cameras.

#6: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:29 pm
    —
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
Yea I've seen some footage...Police macing these women...small women...doesn't look good for the cameras.

Well it was no coincidence - that the NYPD hunted down video cameraman and slammed him head first into car.  Police thugs are always worried about getting caught on camera.  They finally got caught for beating a mentally ill man to death in California and bashed his nose into his brain AND broke his skull...the X-rays did not lie.  Only AFTER they got video footage to press, public protests at the local City Hall and intense media coverage...did they finally put 2 of these thugs on trial.   Not to say all Police are thugs - many of the NYPD have come out to announce their support for the protestors in solidarity.

Interesting perspective from the UK Guardian:

“...We might do well to consider the collapse of the European colonial empires. It certainly did not lead to the rich successfully grabbing all the cookies, but to the creation of the modern welfare state. We don’t know precisely what will come out of this round. But if the occupiers finally manage to break the 30-year stranglehold that has been placed on the human imagination, as in those first weeks after September 2008, everything will once again be on the table – and the occupiers of Wall Street and other cities around the US will have done us the greatest favour anyone possibly can.”

#7: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 am
    —
People like Ralph Nader, Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul are now giving support to these protesters.

Interesting how this will effect the presidential race, or will this evolve into a whole movement.

#8: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 pm
    —
I always laugh when a US president lauds "This great Democracy", lol. It's flawed on all sides.
And the American Dream is for everybody, but only if you've got a rich daddy.

Hope the protesters remain peaceful and get some results somehow. And I would love for those bankers, not only in Wall St. but all those frauds all over the world, to take a big fall.

#9: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:51 am
    —
kweniston wrote (View Post):
I always laugh when a US president lauds "This great Democracy", lol. It's flawed on all sides.
And the American Dream is for everybody, but only if you've got a rich daddy.

Hope the protesters remain peaceful and get some results somehow. And I would love for those bankers, not only in Wall St. but all those frauds all over the world, to take a big fall.

Wow I underestimated the power this movement seems to be building momentum.  Even here in my own home town in the suburbs...I saw a Protestor in V for Vendetta mask stating Occupy this town...attracting a ton of attention on busy road.  

The Achilles Heel of "Democracy" is the influence of $ and the corruption of power.  It seems the world governments are dominated by the top 1% of the population.  In America, the top 1% owns 70% of the assets.  Democracy is controlled by the special interests, the Rich and well-connected.  Now they can even have unlimited financial contributions from anonymous donors...even if it a foreign-based corporation seeking to manipulate our policies.  

I have been waiting for this day.  Where they can stop being so divided over meaningless culture/religious/ideological camps...and start to unite as one to protect the 99% of people from the corrupt greedy bastards that have bought our Democracies.

#10: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:26 pm
    —
The $ (or whatever currency), power etc is the weakness of any system. I rate myself as definitely a capitalist. I believe in the free market as an efficient means of provide optimum solutions with the following provisos:

1. Needs to be transparent.
2. Society should be mobile in both directions.
3. Supported by a functional democratic system, with the corner stone being free speech but all the other checks and balances need to be there too.
4. Imperfections in market need to be aggressively solved when they become apparent.
5. That people making a profit, salary, bonuses etc, must be held to account so when they fail they also suffer such that they are at least as risk averse as the peoples funds they are managing.

I have been a critic of the financial sector for 20 years, having previously worked in it. They have been operating with a licence to print money without proper oversight or fulfilling their fiduciary obligations. They need protesting against. Glad people are out there doing it, I would willing join if it wasn't for the fact that I am just to busy trying to get by.

#11: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:30 pm
    —
As a communist I am always down with the Revolution  Twisted Evil

Nice rant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFz1VVXsWRU&feature=player_embedded

#12: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:39 pm
    —
papa whisky,

yea it's interesting how it seems like there are quite a few unlikely people among and supporting these protesters, people who have worked in the Wall Street etc. It seems like a pretty wide movement.

#13: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:11 am
    —
great post dj ;)

so after the arabian spring we now have the american fall Wink

#14: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:49 pm
    —

Link

#15: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 pm
    —
kawasaky wrote (View Post):

Nice rant:

Well there are in fact political ideologues that have exploited this situation for maximum gain.  Some anarchists, communists and the Ron Paul kill the Fed right-wing crowd are out in force.  For the most part, our Democracy has been hi-jacked or purchased for decades by the Big $ Robber Barons that only care about their special interest, industry or personal financial gain by manipulating laws / policy.  Most people simply don't get that simple fact and just blame a President past or current or the Federal Reserve which doesn't even make laws...maybe they are so completely brainwashed/uneducated they will just never get it.

The notion of "99%" I thought...was intended to UNITE various political spectrums to consolidate enough power to oppose these powerful groups that have purchased our elected officials from both our 2 parties for decades.  But instead the media likes to make everything dumbed-down for simpletons and they try to label Occupy Wall Street as "leftist" or "Un-American".  Our Civil Rights/Liberties are being suppressed.  The Police funnel everyone on the bridge to trap them and arrest them.   Then they forbid anyone from using mega-phones or microphones under threat of arrest.  Even a Nobel Peace Prize winner Economist was forbidden from speech with microphone.  He said he could do that in Spain or other countries...but not allowed to do so even in his own country?

#16: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:05 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
kawasaky wrote (View Post):

Nice rant:

Well there are in fact political ideologues that have exploited this situation for maximum gain.  Some anarchists, communists and the Ron Paul kill the Fed right-wing crowd are out in force.  For the most part, our Democracy has been hi-jacked or purchased for decades by the Big $ Robber Barons that only care about their special interest, industry or personal financial gain by manipulating laws / policy.  Most people simply don't get that simple fact and just blame a President past or current or the Federal Reserve which doesn't even make laws...maybe they are so completely brainwashed/uneducated they will just never get it.

The notion of "99%" I thought...was intended to UNITE various political spectrums to consolidate enough power to oppose these powerful groups that have purchased our elected officials from both our 2 parties for decades.  But instead the media likes to make everything dumbed-down for simpletons and they try to label Occupy Wall Street as "leftist" or "Un-American".  Our Civil Rights/Liberties are being suppressed.  The Police funnel everyone on the bridge to trap them and arrest them.   Then they forbid anyone from using mega-phones or microphones under threat of arrest.  Even a Nobel Peace Prize winner Economist was forbidden from speech with microphone.  He said he could do that in Spain or other countries...but not allowed to do so even in his own country?

I ain't in the mood for serious debating lately, but only to add that democracy is dead for a long time now and only the illusion of it still exists. Surely no institution per se is guilty, the people are because they let it happen. From everything I've read and learn about democracy and freedom the moment people say "we are free" or "we have a democracy" that freedom and/or democracy starts to dissipate and soon enough it is lost. It seems to me that the westerners have been tapping themselves on their shoulders and saying how free and democratic they are too long...
Will get back when in mood for that kinda discussion.

Superb song Wruff. Was just listening to that album this morning Smile Me likes synchronicity.

#17: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 am
    —
Yeah political debate is usually a futile exercise.  I was hoping this would finally be the time people can unite and set aside their ideologies to confront the Robber Barons.  First the Republicans criticized the protestors as "Mobs" and "Anti-American".  Now all of sudden they flip-flop and say they understand them. Politicians are getting scared of being thumped in the next election.

World Governments for the past several centuries...have existed to support economic growth of their lands via mercantilism, trade, extraction of precious commodities, and drive revenue for the good of the land.  America was no different.  However America was built by a thriving middle class with the hope and promise that anyone can make it with hard work.  Now the Big $ lobbyists have taken-over and have been calling the shots for decades.  People are finally beginning to wake-up and get it.  

#18: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:12 pm
    —
dj wrote (View Post):
Correction...Occupy Wall Street Day 14 has finally been shown on CNN and MSNBC. "

Anything shown on MSNBC (or NBC) should be taken with 10lbs of salt. Please remember this place took over 1 week to even bother reporting Solyndra, is still in denial over the present government allowing gunrunning.

Bias, bias, bias is the key there.

Edit:

Should probably add that there is really no such thing as non biased news any longer.. It died with Walter Cronkite..Paul Harvey...

#19: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:33 am
    —
Indeed every "News" Corporation or corporate-owned media network has their own agenda.  The owner as in the case of Rupert Murdoch or otherwise serving the interests of shareholders - driving revenue from advertisers based on ratings. Walter Cronkite was the first newscaster to openly confront war policy and question the government's agenda.  He alone caused Lyndon Johnson to resign and not seek re-election.  Whereas years later every major media network was complicit in trumping-up the case for Iraq. Nobody hardly bothered to question it.

Solyndra and guns are distractions the right-wing is hyping-up.  Solar Energy is still in its infancy...the technology is still very primitive.  It is very risky to establish the R & D $ and make sustainable profits.  The long-term benefits outweigh the risks.  We need a better way to do renewable energy R & D before oil doubles in price due to surge in demand from emerging nations China and India.  The consumer gets screwed by monopolistic domination of Big Oil without any viable competition.  When oil doubles in price, unemployment doubles, millions of jobs get cut and replaced in overseas sweatshops while apartment rents /cost of living skyrocket...it will reach a breaking point.

Democracy has been hi-jacked for decades by the Big $ Robber Barons that only care about their special interest, industry or personal financial gain by manipulating laws / policy.  Unless we have real campaign contribution reform, nothing will change both parties are complicit in selling-out.

#20: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 am
    —
Indeed and agree with an awful lot of what you say there.

Cronkite was "The Man" and got away with a lot during his tenure as an anchor, war time correspondent, etc.. Possibly why he was more or less immune later on when he dug deeper and deeper into some of the things you mentioned.

To get another anchor like him.. Just *1* I believe at least in the USA would almost instantly vault that particular network to #1 for years, rather than what we have been forced to see, agenda after agenda pretty much since his retirement.

#21: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Himmelreich PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 am
    —
Just my 2 cents on the youtube whining about the police.

In the past people have been shot and killed, beaten with batons, sprayed with fire hoses, attacked by police dogs and more at demonstrations that happened not all that long ago in the grand scheme of things. It's pretty silly how these hippie protestors were crying about how some women got sprayed with OC spray after they were pushing into the barrier(Which clearly has "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" written on it) the police were holding up to keep them out of the street.

What do they honestly expect to happen when they do that? If they can get away with crowding against the barricade and forcing the police back then the people down the street  will think nothing of doing the same.

I see nothing wrong with the law enforcement using reasonable force to ensure their own personal security and to keep things from getting out of control. Just look at how quickly the people in the OC spray video cleared away after they were shown the consequences of crowding the officers. That's how you handle large groups of people who have a mob mentality and think they are anonymous and thus untouchable by the law.

There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing. It's comical how ignorant these "demonstrators" show themselves to be when they act like fools by stomping around and screaming in the middle of the street, resist against police officers, and then brag about how they are being charged with offenses. A criminal record is clearly something to be proud of and it's definitely a good start on establishing their own individual financial security.

Link

When the police are carrying automatic rifles, forcing them all face down in the street and then jumping on their backs then they can complain.

All the vast majority of these people are doing is running around aimlessly showing how they have no clear goals, nor cohesion as a group, and making good entertainment for the rest of us who realize that taking your clothes off and painting a cardboard sign won't make anyone less poor. It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

Just my opinion.

#22: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:01 pm
    —
Some protests/causes have actually had real intentions behind them in the past. Some have protested for??? because someone is goading them to and created an imaginary boogey man?

I am still at a loss with this one, particularly after these same people being protested against helped vault the current government into office.

#23: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:50 am
    —
As Yakov Smirnoff might say... "In rest of world, you rob bank. In Capitalist America, BANK ROBS YOU!"

Himmelreich, you seem to be sadly misinformed about quite a few things, and repeating the usual right-wing line about these protesters being lazy, unwilling to find work, welfare moms, etc. It's getting a little old already.

I suggest you go to this site and educate yourself about the actual circumstances of the protesters.

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

You might even be surprised to learn that (gasp!) not all people who are out of work are unemployed because they're lazy.

#24: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: FMJ PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:59 pm
    —
Himmelreich wrote (View Post):
There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing. All the vast majority of these people are doing is running around aimlessly showing how they have no clear goals, nor cohesion as a group, and making good entertainment for the rest of us who realize that taking your clothes off and painting a cardboard sign won't make anyone less poor. It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

Just my opinion.

Spoken like a truly ignorant douchebag. Just my opinion.

Our country is broken and its about fcking time people collectively take to the streets to peacefully advocate change. You know 1st amendment rights?
In your world everything is working fine, and anyone that disagrees is a worthless whiner huh? Stay cluless and ignorant, it suits you well.

#25: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: FMJ PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:20 pm
    —
Himmelreich wrote (View Post):
There is no reason they should be allowed to crowd streets and be a general obstruction for the people with real jobs who have to drive to work on those same roads rather than collect their welfare checks and cry about how the rich get richer while the poor act as rambunctious  as possible and whine like these protestors are doing.

It will just make you look like a douche bag hippie protestor who is about to get their first shower in a week via a can of OC spray.

American war veterans= unemployed hippy douchebags huh? I'll bet they've done far more service to this country than your fat ass.

"Video from the Occupy Oakland march on Tuesday, Oct. 25, looks and sounds like a war zone. The sound of gunfire is nearly constant in the video. Tear-gas projectiles were being fired into the crowd when the cry of “Medic!” rang out. Civilians raced toward a fallen protester lying on his back on the pavement, mere steps from a throng of black-clad police in full riot gear, pointing guns as the civilians attempted to administer first aid."
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2011/11/02-0

"Occupy Oakland Prepares for General Strike as War Veterans Organize Day of Action at Occupy Camps"
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/2/occupy_oakland_prepares_for_general_strike

Occupy Wall Street - Decorated U.S. Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptcx027SApw

#26: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:59 pm
    —
These things are still going, it's become a bigger movement then I thought it would. Maybe sadly so, since I think they draw the strenght from the continously worsening economic situation.

The recession alone is enough to demonstrate over, on top of that all the other economic injustice that seems to be getting worse every day.

#27: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 am
    —
I think Obama is the best American President of my lifetime. I liked him early on when he ran for President and I have not been disapointed in anything he has done as President, I am quite proud of his accomplishments actually. I despise the Republicans, Fox News, Right Wing Radio, Grover Norquist, The Religious Right. They are the problem. I think the wealthy should be taxed big time. They have so much power it requires Americans to hit the streets to put a stop to them.

America like any country has problems that need fixing. We have a political system that is designed to do just that. I would like to see improvements in our system like everyone, improvements that helps all Americans.

One major improvement I am for, is to bring about more equality for Women. Biologically, Nature divides humans into Male & Female and the modern world has proven that Women are up to the task of Political Leadership at both local and national levels. A better form of American government would provide equal Political Power between Males & Females. A House of Representatives for Men and a House of Representatives for Women. Same thing with the Senate and Supreme Court. This type of democratic government would be a great example to the rest of the world and would be a great improvement over the current system.

Last edited by US_Brake on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:27 am; edited 2 times in total

#28: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:25 pm
    —
Have any of you tried watching the documentary "Inside Job"? I read that it got a 97% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The 3%, of course, were probably the good folks over at The American Spectator and the Heritage Foundation who just can never stop making excuses about the truth, even when it's staring them in the face.

#29: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:21 pm
    —

Link

Link

Marine Injured in Occupy Oakland Protests From Critical Condition...

Scott Olsen is a twenty-four year old Iraq war veteran and Wisconsin native who served in Iraq. The Marine Corps corporal joined the Occupy Oakland protest marchers who were attempting to "retake" Ogawa Plaza on October 25. He was in critical condition after his skull was fractured by a police projectile.

#30: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 am
    —
And for the latest police atrocity against the Occupiers.

Occupy Seattle Incident

Also, I suggest you all check the comments section of that article. After going through the comments, all I can say is: No offense to Americans, but what the hell is happening to the American people?

#31: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:52 am
    —
LoneRebel wrote (View Post):
And for the latest police atrocity against the Occupiers.

Occupy Seattle Incident

Also, I suggest you all check the comments section of that article. After going through the comments, all I can say is: No offense to Americans, but what the hell is happening to the American people?

Don't bother to pay attention to the chat boards....most of the comments are by nuts, lunatics, spammers, drunks or monkeys.

Now today there is evidence of a nationally coordinated Police-State crackdown on all the Cities with protestors.  There was a conference call by the mayors to coordinate a nationwide assault.  Potentially it was arranged by Dept of Homeland Security?  Minimally there was some type of National response coordinated the mayors.  

Not very macho for Police-State thugs to pepper-spray 84 year woman or pregnant lady.

#32: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 am
    —
[quote="dj";p="62039"]Don't bother to pay attention to the chat boards....most of the comments are by nuts, lunatics, spammers, drunks or monkeys.

I've noticed that hateful comments such as those now make up the majority on Yahoo! news article comments (as well as on YouTube videos on issues such as Occupy Wall Street).Talk about the noisy minority. It's almost as though there's a conspiracy of right-wing trolls to band together and spam comment boards with their hate.  Rolling Eyes

#33: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: pagskier PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:59 pm
    —
Wow, I wonder how much time it would have take to police officers to take the Sgt. out if he had long hair and not in the army.
He's totally right I think. I think it's alright to bug the protesters with some kind of securithy elements, fire stuff and all. But starting to evinct the people in the middle of the night like at Sang Diego.

But it seemed to me that most police people don't seem how to react to these kind of protest and that's why we see such things. I mean in Montreal we got a riot-police unit, and when I was in peacefull protesting 5-6 years ago, I saw some police car run over a group of people when he got out, everyone had jump out of the way except one crazy guy stuck on the hood of the truck.

I find real good that the protestors so far are all using peacefull methods to protest.
We haven't heard of much stone throwing, breaking windows and stuff we see from anarco-communist movement we usually see in those kind of protest.

I think that's what scares the towns/establishment over North American and probly the world. The age of ghandi thechnique fight for human rights seems to ressurect after the last decade of Financial summit violence.

A day to day peacefull protest with police and other people hitting on them, there is nothing more effective to get people on your side.

Being Canadian, I really like to see this occupy Wall Street, here we have a quite more solid financial system with more regulation, and we didn't had to do all those public losing to save our national bank system. We did help the bank, but it was on another whole level.

I understand the republican to have a smaller goverment,and somehow tend to agree with some of those values. But it's is the job of the gov. to protect the citizen of the big corporations and other rich of exploiting the whole system like it's theirs and this not democrats neither republicans did. That's why their is regulation, wich doesn't mean that the gov. will grow over, just a few people watching if the stuff is going like it should. It seems like this concept of gov. has been lost over the last few decades in U.S. Whatever if you're more right or left, knowing that the job of gov. is to protect the solo citizen should be apolitic and non partisan.

#34: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am
    —
I said it earlier in this thread, the cops seem to be awful heavy-handed.

I have to say, although I don't live in the US, I symphatize with these protestors. There's a lot of unemployment here in Finland, difficult to find proper work. It all seems to be temp-jobs etc. these days. Then they tell you to start your own company even if you don't have much capital to start it with or any guarantee that there will be work. It's like the world has changed and nobody has to be hired anymore, no job security or anything.

Edit. With the risk of going OT, if I was able to find work abroad I'd be ready to leave this country immediately.

#35: Refuse/Resist Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm
    —

Link

#36: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm
    —
This year America had Armed Political Rallys in which people showed up with guns. (Tea Party). As a result you had no or minimal Police presence, No Batons, Riot Gear, No Pepper Spray, Nets, Barricades. Compare that to what has happened to the OWS Protest which people are Unarmed and Peaceful get the full force of the law surrounding them in full Riot mode. It makes me wonder what would happen if the OWS protestors showed up with rifles at the next event.

#37: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Therion PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:36 am
    —
MajorFrank wrote (View Post):
I said it earlier in this thread, the cops seem to be awful heavy-handed.

I have to say, although I don't live in the US, I symphatize with these protestors. There's a lot of unemployment here in Finland, difficult to find proper work. It all seems to be temp-jobs etc. these days. Then they tell you to start your own company even if you don't have much capital to start it with or any guarantee that there will be work. It's like the world has changed and nobody has to be hired anymore, no job security or anything.

Same here in Poland. Everything is turning to shit.

#38: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:53 am
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):

This year America had Armed Political Rallys in which people showed up with guns. (Tea Party).

LOL who told you that?? That is funny. What is your source for that utter nonsense?

#39: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:53 am
    —
One example

http://newmexicoindependent.com/43847/video-alamogordo-tea-party-protesters-pack-heat

Another

http://policygrinder.com/jimmagruder/us-news/why-does-media-cast-occupy-as-violent-when-tea-partiers-showed-up-with-guns/

#40: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:55 pm
    —
Or how about the nuts in AZ bringing guns & Assault Rifles to protest Obama (protest what?).  They were cheered on by Fox News as heros.  Then OWS gets portrayed as radicals.  None of them are armed or trying to intimidate the opposition with taunts or threats of violence showing up with machine guns.  Give me a break.  

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-17/politics/obama.protest.rifle_1_protesters-weapons-assault-rifle?_s=PM:POLITICS

Regardless, the OWS movement was suppose to be something to unite the people not divide as usual.  Both parties are corrupted by the same Big $ lobbyists due to the demands or raising millions of $ for campaigning.

Meanwhile the US and EU has seen many millions of jobs, especially in manufacturing, get permanently replaced in China, India or emerging markets using sweatshop slave labor.  No environmental regulations. No labor laws to protect workers.  While U.S. Corporate profits are at the highest levels in 50 years and the wealthiest 1% has seen 200% increase in earnings past 30 years.  I guess it's all about making the shareholders happy with higher profits even it means destroying the middle class in the process.

#41: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:04 pm
    —
One example

http://newmexicoindependent.com/43847/video-alamogordo-tea-party-protesters-pack-heat

Another

http://policygrinder.com/jimmagruder/us-news/why-does-media-cast-occupy-as-violent-when-tea-partiers-showed-up-with-guns/  

Absolutely lawful. New Mexico’s Constitution allows for open carry of firearms to most public places. A permit was acquired for the protest and the police were notified of the details before the event.
See, what the left purposefully fails to acknowledge time and time again (in their efforts to paint the Tea Party as evil) is the fact that the Tea Party folks do their business according to the law (unlike OWS). They organized themselves quickly and are now in congress effecting real change in America. Whereas the OWS crowd, by contrast, 5 months now into their so-called "protest" are still just a bunch of people (youth and homeless people mostly) sleeping in parks smoking dope.
I see it every day as I drive by their so-called "protests" twice daily. A bunch of self-entitled Obama youth and assorted homeless people who've set up their little shantytown in our city park who hang out smoking pot all day, looking for handouts, and holding up signs saying to legalize marijuana. The OWS movement is quite pathetic really. Funnier still is how the left and democratic party (even our president's) eagerness to latch on to this lame movement and draw comparisons to the Tea Party. There is no comparison to the Tea Party. Love 'em or hate 'em, the Tea Party got lawful permits for their demonstrations and quickly organized and went straight to Washington and now "occupies" congress and is effecting real change. The OWS folks, by contrast, 5 months on, are still just sleeping in our parks smoking pot and trashing public property, not to mention what an eyesore they've been from the start. OWS is quickly losing steam due to its own idiocy.
It has become very evident that no organization or positive change can/will emerge from these OWS so-called "protests". These "occupy" folks should go back from whence they came, namely "occupying" their mommy and daddies basements. Liberal losers and homeless looking for a handout so that they can sit on their asses all day smoking dope. It's pathetic. Finally organize yourselves and really do something, or give it up. Get a life and quit shitting in and stinking up our public places. Losers.

#42: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 pm
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote (View Post):
sit on their asses all day smoking dope.

Don't knock it if you havn't tried it.

#43: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:29 am
    —
Pzt_Wruff wrote (View Post):
One example

Another

Absolutely lawful...

...the fact that the Tea Party folks do their business according to the law (unlike OWS). They organized themselves quickly and are now in congress effecting real change in America.

Gee stereotype much or do you just all your info from Fox News?  If it is legal to carry machine guns and pistols in groups of right-wing fanatics at Obama speeches then what the hell are the they protesting in the first place?  Don't like gun restrictions?  Go talk to your Governor or Mayor.  The only reason they did that is to stir up hate against Obama and rally the rightie base.

Please enlighten me on how your Tea Party-backed candidates that replaced moderate Republicans have brought "real change"?  Laws about the pledge allegiance - when nothing changed about the pledge...Sharia law restrictions when no Sharia law was ever mandated...or how about the Tea Party backed kooks that talk about making Corporate Taxes zero, calling Social Security a ponzi scheme, replacing Medicare with coupon program, eliminating public education or abolishing environmental protections.  What else am I missing?

So what if 100% of the Congress and President were Tea Party approved?  What change?  Nothing would change.  We already have a monopoly in Congress - both parties are already owned by the Big $ Lobbies and Corporations.  So they would just give more tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations.  They already pay the lowest rates in decades as is.  OR how about paying ZERO if you have some friends in high places that can write laws to help you zero out.  How is that fair?

#44: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:12 pm
    —

Link

#45: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:20 pm
    —

Link

Pzt_Wruff demonizes the messengers while avoiding the OWS messages.

If they were protesting unions, taxes, illegal immigrants, blacks on welfare, and carrying sign of Obama as a monkey swinging on a tree limb to Pzt_Wruff they would be great American Patriots.

#46: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: Pzt_WruffLocation: Pzt Befehl Hauptsitz PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:12 pm
    —

Link

Pzt_Wruff demonizes the messengers while avoiding the OWS messages.

If they were protesting unions, taxes, illegal immigrants, blacks on welfare, and carrying sign of Obama as a monkey swinging on a tree limb to Pzt_Wruff they would be great American Patriots.

^ ^ He is preaching Ron Paul's message. He is even calling for Ron Paul to be elected president in that video. You should know that Ron Paul and his son Rand are a champions of the Tea Party, right? Card carrying members if ever there were. While I do not identify with any particular political party, I have supported many of Ron Paul's ideas for a long long time.

When OWS started out I had hoped that it would truly become something, because there are aspects of their extremely scattered message that I do agree with, or rather people in the disorganized OWS crowd that I tend to agree with (like the fellow in the video you posted). I had hoped that after the initial weeks/months that it would organize into something real and turn into something that could effect real change. That they would find leaders and outline a focused message (more of them should take after that sober fellow in the video you posted), and rather "occupy"/protest congress and this stinking White House. Occupy Washington! THAT is where decisions are made.
Unfortunately however I have watched "OWS" in my own city and elsewhere degenerate into a lot of self-entitled youths, dope smokers, and homeless people living in a shanty town in our city park, petitioning for legalized marijuana, and shitting in and stinking the place up. I think that is unfortunate. Not at all what I had hoped for when this began.

Completely off subject; I do wonder, US_Brake, were you get the idea that I am a racist ("carrying sign of Obama as a monkey swinging on a tree limb")? Why do you make such a stupid assumption? That is some stupid shit taken straight out of the retarded liberal blogosphere. Anyone who makes such stupid assumptions should explain themselves. It is a baseless and desperate and utterly invalid assumption which serves no one, least of all yourself and any arguments which you may be trying to make.

Don't knock it (sitting on your ass smoking dope all day) if you havn't tried it.

Brilliant. Just what this country doesn't need. The sober fellow in the video you posted would surely agree with me, US_Brake. Dope smokers make awful and terribly ineffective revolutionaries.

#47: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 am
    —
Just to chime in on this, as a non-American I have to say, American politics is so strange to me. I don't mean this as an insult, just that what seems to make sense for Americans is just so strange from a Scandinavian or actually Fennoscandian perspective. Although I'm not sure if all Americans 'get' their politics either. I won't go into specifics but stuff like the death penalty, health care, taxation etc. really makes the US a pretty extreme place of the have's and have-not's.

Could be that there is more 'fog' in American politics then in Europe on average, money rules. In the last presidential elections one of the democrat candidates Mike Gravel repeated to "follow the money" in relations to the top candidates, Hillary and Obama. IMO it seems that big money and a certain inner circle of career politicians kind of dictates the US foreign and domestic politics year after year and decade after decade. I find this pretty scary considering how significant US still is on the world stage.

#48: Re: Wall Street under occupation Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 am
    —
Yes I gave you some Tea Party at the OWS now you should be really confused.

Pz Wruff 2011

"...of self-entitled youths, dope smokers, and homeless people living in a shanty town in our city park, petitioning for legalized marijuana, and shitting in and stinking the place up."

King George 1776

"...of self-entitled youths, whisky drinkers, and homeless people living in a shanty town in our city park, petitioning for legalized tea, and shitting in and stinking the place up."

Dont forget dude.. The Original TEA PARTY was not a legal protest organized with the authorites.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1