Incompatible retail versions?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Incompatible retail versions? Author: VonStauffenberg PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:47 am
    —
When playing cc2 on gameranger, I have run into an interesting problem. As GR tries to connect myself and the other player (in the cc2 lobby), I am met with an error message, which says: Incompatible retail versions of A Bridge Too Far. Host: 2.2 version. Client: 2.0 version.

What causes this? It is important to note that I have been playing regularly against Kawasaky(sp?) with no problems (lag excluded).

Interestingly, the only two times this has happened to me, the other player had to go install his game and then the relevant patches. I also tried letting one of them host, and I am met with the same issue (with the versions reversed).

Does anyone have any advice?

thank you

#2: Re: Incompatible retail versions? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:52 am
    —
sOUNDS LIKE DIFFERENT PATCHES?

#3: Re: Incompatible retail versions? Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:12 am
    —
VonStauffenberg wrote (View Post):
What causes this?
CC will not load H2H MP unless both players have exactly the same data installed in their CC game (hence the error message)

VonStauffenberg wrote (View Post):
Does anyone have any advice?
Have a copy of the same cc2 patch you have installed uploaded in a draft email so you can email it to your opponent so he can install it too.

cheers

AGS

_____

#4: Re: Incompatible retail versions? Author: VonStauffenberg PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:39 pm
    —
Are you sure? I have installed my patches directly from this site, and I have been giving the other players the link directly to the download section of this website. I have had connection issues due to patches in the past. The error message was different. Like I said, I have played regularly with Kawasaky, and by my estimation, he has all of the correct patches.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1