Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:49 am
    —
CC5 St Honorine

The AI is famous for its belly down assaults.

Sometimes they work. It is amazing how persistent some of these attacks are.  Question

But, the AI just can't seem to figure out when the attack is certain to fail. Of course disengaging would be almost impossible in most of the cases.

Anyway, maybe I will post a few examples. Feel free to do the same if you have some good screenies.

#2: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:21 pm
    —
CC5 St Mere Eglise

Why couldn't the AI figure this one out. The Panzer III in the town square was a dead give away. It got most of the kills too.

#3: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:28 pm
    —
CC5 St Come du Mont

I had to stop lobbing mortar rounds into the herd, otherwise they wouldn't crawl into the trap.

They did manage to shoot up a Grenadier team, but I replaced it with Sturmgrenadiers.  Idea

#4: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 pm
    —
CC4 Nouville

Here is one that actually worked for the AI, but at great cost.

The 2 57mm AT guns in the woods to the South, pretty much repulsed the entire attack.

Which also proves, the AI could care less what is shooting at them.  Laughing

#5: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:38 am
    —
CC2 Map 210

Sooo, I was thinking that maybe if the map enviroment changed, things would be different.   Confused

You would think, someone would pass the word down the line.  Arrow

They have tanks  Exclamation

#6: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: fry30 PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:06 pm
    —
STWA, I don't know how I usually feel about your CCMT only posts (I don't own that GAME!)... but this series right here is hilarious. I know exactly what you mean....

However, as a recent convert to WAR and TLD and LSA... the "new ones"... I have to say, it does get better. A LOT better.

But man these screens are classic. I've been through this so many times.

THANK GOD FOR GAME RANGER.

--great post STWA.---

#7: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:40 pm
    —
Thanks,

I have got a few new articles (like this one), that I want to share with everyone, that I think will inform, without me getting too wordy.  Idea

It is part of a new approach I want to use in the forum, without me going on and on about what is on my system.  Idea  

And yea, I am sure the new games are great, but I really do love my CCMT.  Smile

#8: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 pm
    —
Ahh... the red of fresh blood. That's one thing that I miss when playing Armored Brigade.

#9: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 am
    —
Hi Therion,

Glad to see you are enjoying Armored Brigade.  Smile

I wonder, would HPS's Point of Attack be up your alley.  Idea

Point of Attack 2

#10: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 am
    —
CC2 Map 110

This one wasn't exactly all belly down. A few guys tried to sprint to the canal where the MG 42 teams were.  Confused

Also, I couldnt get all the dead soldiers into the picture. I knew this one would be good.  Laughing

#11: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:45 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Hi Therion,

Glad to see you are enjoying Armored Brigade.  Smile

I wonder, would HPS's Point of Attack be up your alley.  Idea

Point of Attack 2

Not really. I'm more into action games like CC and AB. You know, sound of projectiles hitting the armour, tracers flying left and right, explosions and stuff. Blood and screams of the dying/turrets falling off vehicles.
All in RT/Accelerated RT.

#12: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:17 pm
    —
CC2 Map 300

I thought setting up a game with NO VICTORY LOCATIONS would do the trick, but they attacked anyway.  Shocked

Once the fire became too much, they did attempt to disengage.   Idea  

BTW, small soldiers are a must on the older maps.  Idea

#13: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:44 pm
    —
The AI definitely needs some work on it in CCMT, the crawl of death is probably at its worst in this CC version compared to all others. In LSA at least they run to their death and as a result some of them actually make it.

#14: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 am
    —
Hi papa_whisky,

Shhhhh, we are in the setup phase of this thread.

I have a lot of ideas, especially when we get to the modern weapons. Should be interesting. (I hope)  Idea

And yea, I hear you, but would you really want to make these attacks standing up.  Question

Remember the scenes from We Were Soldiers  Question

#15: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:36 am
    —
CC5 Dog Red

Just a quick glance back at some of the previous posts, and you might figure out that many of the belly down assaults were conducted by troops of the highest morale and experience.  Arrow

Most notably, American Airborne.  And there were a few sprinters, too.  Exclamation

However, when green American troops are involved, they might not attack, even with the Victory Location undefended, within sight, and no one shooting at them at all. I waited until I got sleepy. [yawn]

#16: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:28 am
    —
BTW, if you think the AI Belly Down Assault is kinda stupid, then check out the antithesis of this kind of attack  Arrow

The HP Rambo Tactic  Idea

#17: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 am
    —
CC4 Houffalize (Yuma)

Terrain is also a determinate when it comes to anyone's approach to the Victory Locations. If you had replay (like with CCMT), you can observe teams running very close to their objectives when the terrain is close.

Looking back at CC2 Map 110 is it any wonder these guys hit the dirt. What were they to do, line up like the Scots at Stirling Bridge.

The teams sneak to try to avoid detection, when the terrain masks the observations of the enemy, sneaking might not be necessary, and this is present in AI behavior.

#18: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:08 am
    —
CC4+ Losheim (WAR)

To a greater extent than terrain factors, Force morale will govern if the AI will attack or not.

When Force morale is high, the AI can be fearless, as shown below, where the minefield and barbwire are not a deterrent to a doomed attack.

However, there will come a point in most games, when the AI's morale has reached a critical level, and to move them off the map, you must assume the initiative.

#19: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm
    —
CCMT Rural 2d

Map size can have a tremendous effect on the size and scope of an AI attack.

This map has over 4 times the area of the largest CC2 map. Yet each side has the same number of teams and basic manpower.

Here the AI attacks on the left, with just a single team, and as will see in the post below, the AI is also supporting a second attack on the right.

Each attack cannot support one another and the AI must divide its forces accordingly.

#20: Re: The AI Belly Down Assault Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm
    —
CCMT Rural 2d

Victory Locations and their placement on the map relative to each sides deployment "zone" is usually the single largest determining factor when assessing the likelyhood of an AI attack.

Secondary to that, if ARMY (in this case) holds more locations than OPFOR, and OPFOR has good team morale and force morale, then you can expect an attack at some time during the game.

The size and scope of the attack is always uncertain, but generally speaking, the larger the map, the less manpower the AI is willing to commit.

Here the AI attacks on the right (a good choice), with a moderate force, since the AI is simultaneously conducting attacks on the left.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 3