My Feedback on Der Ost Front 2
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: My Feedback on Der Ost Front 2 Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:14 pm
    —
Hello AGS!

I have greatly enjoyed playing your Mod. Thanks for all the work you've put in.

I really hope you will make a DOF3!

Just a small comment

Some of the coding especially on the maps form the "Push for Causasus Oil" operation seems to be very strange.

My tanks cant move over what looks to be completely clear ground (no clear path/cant reach target) and some of the LOS seems to be inconsistent or doesn't coincide with the appearance of the maps.

I realise that the Maps themselves are not your work but I just thought i would mention to you in case you want to have a look if you ever get around to working on a new version.

Many thanks !!

#2: Re: My Feedback on Der Ost Front 2 Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am
    —
G'day buuface

Thankyou for your feedback

DOF-3 is progressing slowly

99% of the data file work is done

Presently i am working on sounds, trying to increase the number of weapon sounds so fewer weapons will share the same sounds.

Then there will be the gargantuan task of rebuilding all the Campaign operations.

Modding is a daunting task, because i dont actually play cc any more, its hard to motivate myself to get going at it, especially when i have so many other activities vying for my attention.

It will be finished though, because i am committed/determined to do so.
Maybe it could be finished before the end of 2012

Regarding the Caucasus maps, i think (99%) Southern_Land made that mapset.

Having not played on those maps for several years, i cant remember the areas you refer to.

Maybe it could be steep slopes stopping tanks from moving on some areas.
Its hard to depict steeps slopes on a 2D map.

Glad i never attempted mapmaking or you would definately have something to complain about  Laughing

Cheers

AGS

_____

#3: Re: My Feedback on Der Ost Front 2 Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:43 am
    —
Why dont you play CC anymore my friend?

I'm always looking for an opponent on DOF2 or CC5 mods  Wink

Come join in the fun !!!

#4: Re: My Feedback on Der Ost Front 2 Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 am
    —
Mostly i dont play because
(A) married
(B) employed
(these 2 things restrict my modding because DOF was created during a time of singleness and unemployment)
(C) my regular opponent is very busy nowadays and CC3 is not installed on his new PC
(D) spend too much time playing BFvietnam online (its easy
(E) i want to finish DOF3 before i start playing again, presently only start game up to test modding changes

Re the caucasus maps, you should right click on parts of the map where tanks wont go to see why

cheers

AGS

_____

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1