What happened to the forum?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#21: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:42 am
    —
I wish I was famous like all these other ex- CSO dudes............ Crying or Very sad

#22: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:30 am
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
I wish I was famous like all these other ex- CSO dudes............ Crying or Very sad
No need for all that envy and jealousy Grunty, though green becomes you (olive drab)

You ARE famous my friend!

Its unnescesary to make mods, or enter into political/religious debates to become a memorable member of the community. You just need a colourfull personality (not feld grau or khaki)

You made many memorable contributions at CSO, (e.g. the sniper dog just to mention one of many).

May you live long in the memories of the CC community cobber

cheers

AGS

_____

#23: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 am
    —
Grunt was a major contributor for the WaR release... even though he didn't know it.

#24: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:45 pm
    —
Close Combat fans are COOL.  Very Happy

#25: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):
Grunt was a major contributor for the WaR release... even though he didn't know it.

That is still an un-told story, though a few people did notice ......

#26: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: Flamethrower PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:10 pm
    —
Maybe this...is...what happened to the forum....(CSO)

There got to be a point where there just wasn't enough of a CC fanbase (or enough CC itself for that matter) to support 2 comprehensive CC sites (offering the whole shebang) .....and in the batttle for survival, the strongest survived.

And this little forum (and very likely, for a brief moment) offers a venue for those with any degree of nostalgia for CSO (good, or, bad, as the case may be) to play silly bugger and prattle or carp about the good (or bad) olde days... or in my case...to cheerlead....Vivre Le CC!

cheers to all (even the pooch)

#27: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: nichols PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:26 pm
    —
Just checking in, how is everyone doing?

#28: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: FFL_KklinkkLocation: Austin, Texas PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:36 pm
    —
From a CC6 point of view ?
or more generally speaking ?

#29: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: nichols PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:18 pm
    —
FFL_Kklinkk wrote (View Post):

Generally speaking...health, family.....

#30: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm
    —
nichols wrote (View Post):
FFL_Kklinkk wrote (View Post):

Generally speaking...health, family.....

Mr Nichols... they guy who years ago called me and I figured was a prank!

Doing great! Family wise and work wise! How about you?

#31: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: nichols PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:51 pm
    —
CSO_Sbufkle wrote (View Post):

Mr Nichols... they guy who years ago called me and I figured was a prank!

Doing great! Family wise and work wise! How about you?

We're doing great also;

17 yr old is looking at going to Georgetown next year.
9 yr old took his last chemo 14 months ago after a three year battle with leukemia
8 yr has no fear.....

Work is about the same, keyed on culture & language games for a few years, now going back to the holodeck.

#32: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm
    —
Was anxious to hear about the 9 year old.. I remember the Caring Bridge and didnt want to mention it outright in case the news was bad..

#33: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: nichols PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm
    —
He is now a regular 9 year old, some rough spots where we thought we were losing him but it looks like he won the battle. He took his last chemo on 9 Nov 2010 after 1169 days in treatment, 5 bone marrow scrapes, 23 spinal taps, thousands of chemo pills, hundreds of shots, mutliple emergency room runs.....

Now he is just a regular kid with regular issues. Next november if the is no relapse he will be catagorized as 85% cured.

The below link has pictures of his journey:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1199252627148.2031468.1403506178&type=1&l=ebb66622ff

#34: Re: What happened to the forum? Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 pm
    —
Thanks for the pics. Good luck to him and your family in the future.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2