Wrecks disappearing from the map?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Wrecks disappearing from the map? Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:15 pm
    —
I'm currently playing the Battle of Berlin mod as the Germans. As you might expect, I've knocked out quite a lot of Soviet tanks. So I was quite surprised when, at Charlottenburg, some of the wrecks from previous battles started disappearing.

Charlottenburg had already seen almost ten battles, and the wrecks were piling up. Does Close Combat have some sort of limit on the number of wrecks that can be present on a battlefield at any one time? If so, this is the first time I recall ever seeing it.

Another thing is at the Reichstag, where the wrecks didn't really disappear - to be more exact, they never appeared in the first place at the next battle. There was only a piece of rocky debris or a shellhole marking the exact spot where the tank got destroyed.

I have seen this shellhole sometimes before with AT guns, but AT guns are always supposed to disappear. Vehicle wrecks aren't.

So what's happening here? It's a problem partly because seeing so many wrecked tanks was impressive to look at ( Cool ). But more importantly, I was hoping that the piles of wrecked tanks would act as roadblocks, hindering the Soviets further. If the wrecks are disappearing that'll make setting up roadblocks harder.

I might add a screenshot of some of the tank wreck pile-ups later...

Can anybody help me with this?  Smile

#2: Re: Wrecks disappearing from the map? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:28 pm
    —
Just as with shell holes there is a limit on the number of sprites so they do start disappearing. I think but I am not certain that the recent versions of the game allow for greater number of sprites or perhaps unlimited(?).

#3: Re: Wrecks disappearing from the map? Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:50 pm
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
Just as with shell holes there is a limit on the number of sprites so they do start disappearing. I think but I am not certain that the recent versions of the game allow for greater number of sprites or perhaps unlimited(?).

Aw, that sucks. Would you know what the maximum number of wrecks that can be present on a given battlefield is?

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1