BGs being cut off from supply even when they're not cut off?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: BGs being cut off from supply even when they're not cut off? Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:56 am
    —
The example I'm going to use is from BoB, but I'm posting this in technical support because it's happened to me in other mods, too, and also in vanilla CC5, if I remember correctly.

I'm playing the Battle of Berlin op as the Germans, where the Germans have two supply depots, at Tegel Airfield in the west and Tiergarten in the center. The easternmost German BG is at Mitte, which is separated from Tiergarten by the Reichstag to the west. I've repulsed all Soviet attacks on Mitte so far, so it's completely in German hands.

However, the Soviets moved into the Reichstag area from the south with a force too powerful to dislodge completely. I settled for simply keeping the supply route from the Tiergarten, through the Reichstag to Mitte, open.

So I was caught by surprise ( Shocked ) to see that my BG in Mitte was out of supply. As you can clearly see in the second screenshot, although the Soviets hold part of the Reichstag map, the supply route between Tiergarten and Mitte has not been cut.

The first screenshot shows the strategic map to get another look at the supply chain. As you can see, the Reichstag is the only map separating Tiergarten and Mitte.

Can anyone explain what's happening here? This has also happened in other mods.

BoB-map-edited.JPG
 Description:
As you can see, my BG in Mitte is out of supply.
 Filesize:  152.71 KB
 Viewed:  2473 Time(s)

BoB-map-edited.JPG

reichstag-map-edited.JPG
 Description:
Map showing the VLs leading to Tiergarten and Mitte. The Soviets clearly do not hold either of the VLs.
 Filesize:  111.88 KB
 Viewed:  2473 Time(s)

reichstag-map-edited.JPG

#2: Re: BGs being cut off from supply even when they're not cut Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:32 am
    —
The entry and exit VL's in CC5 dictate strat movement options. For supply a contested map blocks a supply line....

#3: Re: BGs being cut off from supply even when they're not cut Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
The entry and exit VL's in CC5 dictate strat movement options. For supply a contested map blocks a supply line....

Thanks. I actually didn't know that.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1