New Close combat release announced
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
Erik Rutins today announced :

Quote:
There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm hoping a move from NW Europe

#2: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 am
    —
Yawn!

Don't bother saying anything until you have an article to read about the game and screen shots to view.
Also leave your outdated 2D graphics at home.
And don;t release anything until "YOU" have Beta tested it.Not the consumer.

#3: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 am
    —
Don't shoot the messenger... what do you mean YOU?????

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

I had a team of beta testers which Matrix disbanded.

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

just my observations on the performance since WaR was released.

#4: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm
    —
I wish i could say i am happy... Crying or Very sad

#5: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

That makes No sense...
And hum, what about a russian Front, why not play a Port of a East mod on LSA or something?

#6: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:03 pm
    —
Cool. Get er done Erik.   Very Happy

#7: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm
    —

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

Obviously I don't follow everything.
I just figured you were still on the Matrix payroll.

I'll keep my hope high,but my expectations aren't.
Not trying to be the so called "Debbie Downer" but their track record does speak for itself.

#8: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 pm
    —
Quote:
Obviously I don't follow everything.

then don't make rude and assinine comments.

#9: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm
    —
Shame you can't say the same about yourself.

Prick!

#10: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm
    —
Finally some news of new stuf on the CC front  Very Happy
And the thread as been derailed already.. nothing new on the CC front  Sad

#11: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm
    —

A friendly advice mate, Got to be careful being so honest, you may be ladled a “piss ant” and a “hater” and "idiot" by the developer team. Be careful, Flamethrougher, Southernland, Tejszd and Schrecken hover over the forum and mercilessly clamp down on any form of critique of there splendid products.  Cool

Wish you well mate,

/S  

Hauppf, I hope this new product will be good, but whats the odds, anyone?  Rolling Eyes

#12: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:14 pm
    —
Matrix Thread

We're past any chance for exciting news.

#13: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am
    —
I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

It's like Schrecken said, not beta at all, just consumer (code word PUBLIC) testing. It is going on all over the place now days.

Maybe its Meuse Crossing, or another GJS  Shocked

Whatever it is, it just missed the Christmas deadline, that's all. We have seen that before.  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

#14: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

#15: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

Back to the topic.....

I will look forward to the Matrix announcement, and hopefully they will do a better job than in the past at getting something playable out first time around.

#16: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 pm
    —
Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

#17: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:09 am
    —
Paying for a MOD is a business model that could work. We could also do it ourselves but it needs a good mod leader to dish out the tasks to a relatively large group of people. I am a failed modder because I am a perfectionist, I have always worked by myself, but then run out of time and energy halfway to 3/4 of the way through the project or had some disaster like a computer crash or theft without adequately backing up.

#18: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:10 am
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I will forward to Matrix, and they will do something playable first time around.

Weird

Ok, back on topic.

Unless, the new release, if that is what it is, uses the exact same code line from LSA, or maybe even WAR or TLD, then there will most certainly be PUBLIC testing, which leads ordinary people, like Schrecken, or platoon_micheal, or myself, to believe that would take a long time, based on pervious experiences, when other games were "released".  Arrow

Vague inuendos about a product release, and cheeleading for un-released releases, that have not been formally described as a release, ...

Is SPAZ LIKE behavior, IMHO.  Wink

#19: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

And that would be too bad, because even though it is France again, its the early period, which could portray the tactical problems/fun, of the historical blitzkreig.

Of course, the air power role would be underutilized, but it would be fun nevertheless.

For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

#20: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:13 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

you mean like this?

bouillon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  314.59 KB
 Viewed:  19601 Time(s)

bouillon.jpg

#21: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:16 am
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
Paying for a MOD is a business model that could work. We could also do it ourselves but it needs a good mod leader to dish out the tasks to a relatively large group of people. I am a failed modder because I am a perfectionist, I have always worked by myself, but then run out of time and energy halfway to 3/4 of the way through the project or had some disaster like a computer crash or theft without adequately backing up.

It is really not that tough, so long as you have long term goals. In the time it took them to debug WAR (about 2.5 years), I did a a lot of realy cool plugins. I will show a list, plus the NATO1, NATO2, and NAM, plugins, which I rarely even use, but I still have them.

Of course, in that same time period, Matrix came out with 2 more titles (TLD and LSA), which supports more of what Tejzd is saying. I could have just not done any mods at all, and just purchased the new games, and it would have been a lot less wear and tear on my body.

#22: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):

you mean like this?

Yes, like that one.  Laughing

Very nice, which is always your style.  Exclamation

I am sure the WW2 guys will be estatic.

#23: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 am
    —
You can't call it shit until you play it. No arguments!

#24: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:12 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
you mean like this?

Reminds me of CC4 Ech-sur-sure, my second least favorite map to play as Americans - Oh The Horror!  Evil or Very Mad

#25: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm
    —
Yes Southernland has been the driving force behind the Meuse map updates as the original CC5 Meuse mod had only 13 maps (this was increased to 16 with the later releases). This has now been increased to almost 64, one is still in progress, due to the larger strat map available under TLD/WAR.... Map coding though still needs to be done and the strat map updated from CC5's standard 44 to 64 map structure.....

#26: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:13 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Yes Southernland has been the driving force behind the Meuse map updates as the original CC5 Meuse mod had only 13 maps (this was increased to 16 with the later releases). This has now been increased to almost 64, one is still in progress, due to the larger strat map available under TLD/WAR.... Map coding though still needs to be done and the strat map updated from CC5's standard 44 to 64 map structure.....

Which begs the question, who is doing the map coding, and wouldn't it be nice if they could be gang banged so you guys might be able to release this mod sooner.

#27: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 am
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
You can't call it shit until you play it. No arguments!

I don't think anyone has actually said that, if for NO OTHER REASON, no one, including Erik, has defined fully what IT is.  Exclamation

Several people, in this thread, have expressed anxiety over perhaps another longer than normal PUBLIC debug event.

Do everyone, including yourself, a beeg favor, and actually READ the posts, before going off.  Idea

It works better that way.  Exclamation

#28: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:09 pm
    —
I would say that Meuse is way more on my wish list then any other thing CC related.
Probably the most fun I've had playing CC was the Meuse GC.
Edit:
And I should have said Monte Cassino,never knew what happened to that Mod for CCIV,the graphics,maps looked incredible.

I do wish you guys the best on the task at hand.
Just please remember to back up.
Don't let a computer crash set you years behind.

As for the release here we are again.
News of an impending new game with no info,no screenshots.
Whats the point of dangling a carrot?
The amount of people wanting/waiting for a new CC is unfortunately way to small and isn't going to generate any type of massive response to spur the forums on until it's released.
I hope nothing but the best for the new release,unfortunately history has dictated otherwise,as easily seen by not only the re-releases but just the sheer fact that once again they moved on to another game before correcting the ones they have already sold us.

My dislike of schrecken is two fold.
1) The belittlement I (and others) received when trying to convince him and his cronies of the errors that were WAR related.
He stuck his neck out sticking up for matrix and the work they did,only to be proved wrong time and time again.

2) The belittlement received when asking for help on an issue I just couldn't understand how to fix and then told to not bother emailing,PM was the last straw.
I'll never have any respect for him after that.

#29: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:00 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

I don't think anyone has actually said that, if for NO OTHER REASON, no one, including Erik, has defined fully what IT is.  Exclamation

I'm assuming it is a Close Combat game.

Stwa wrote (View Post):

Do everyone, including yourself, a beeg favor, and actually READ the posts, before going off.  Idea

It wasn't a reply to any post, just a statement, and it still stands.

Off topic, that is some very nice text formatting you have.

#30: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:30 pm
    —
Well! This is a welcomed 'bit' of News!!!

Visions of CC dancing in my brain Waves  Very Happy !

Wonder What It Come Be!

Pacific? Arena??

Oh well ~ that ends -  hmmm  No, don't want to go there ;p

Keep Looking UP! Gents! and HAPPY HOLiDAYS! too!  Smile

#31: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:18 pm
    —
Pacific!.....YES!

There are more people doing mods...................

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.83 KB
 Viewed:  9080 Time(s)

UO0007.jpg

UO0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.43 KB
 Viewed:  9080 Time(s)

UO0006.jpg

#32: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: zcharlesLocation: Italy-Forum Iulii PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:10 pm
    —
Wonderful!

#33: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm
    —
I'm assuming it is a Close Combat game ... It wasn't a reply to any post, just a statement, and it still stands.

YA THINK  Question   OIC, well if the announcments are SHIT, what can we expect about the rest of IT.  Laughing  

BTW, I am talking about reading Erik's post. Here is basically what he has said over the past 6 months or so about Close Combat.

6/2011 - We will get to CCMT later this year.
12/2011 - There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Maybe its a game release announcement, or maybe its a game announcemnt to be developed, or maybe they are going to realease the source code, or maybe they are going to tell us there WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER CC GAME, which would be exiting news for sure. This way the PURGATORY phase would finally come to an end.

#34: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:51 pm
    —
It could be, that the days of whole game free mods are really way behind us, and maybe CC anouncements next year will shed some light on that.

Most of the people I met, just working in the CCMT forums for the past several years, were in fact, modding to create a money angle. Of course, to do so, meant working with Matrix one way or another.

As we go down the road, if there is indeed more road to travel, this may become the norm. When I look around the CCS landscape, I mainly see people, that have had a money interest in CC in the past, or pehaps those that I sense are chasing a money interest in the future.

For my own mods, I eventually came to the conclusion, you could post em at CCS or over at Matrix, but in so doing you were just adding to someone's money interest in CC. There really isn't any one site where you can post truely free mods, where the host site, is really free from developers, agents, or others that have profited one way or another from the CC experience.

#35: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 am
    —
Boy!~ Could i hear 'that penny, Drop!' Dead Drop.  Wink  Down a really long -  well !  
What i mean to say is - Stwa 2 previous posts did make me think ~ long & deep.

No wonder i love coming in here to the FORUM to read each post!

Thanks Again to all !

p.s. did i say penny??!!  ;D !

#36: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:00 am
    —
Good looking pics DAK_Legion.

I'm sure this thread will spur many opinions about the next CC as already seen.

Let's just hope that Matrix has the ability and finances to do a "NEW" Close Combat and not a glorified Hammy Down.

#37: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:55 am
    —
Hey DAK_Legion,

Glad to see someone there are more mods in the works.... thanks for the post!

#38: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:33 am
    —
MF_Church wrote (View Post):
Boy!~ Could i hear 'that penny, Drop!' Dead Drop.  Wink  Down a really long -  well !  

Thanks Again to all !

You know, Church, your sarcasm rarely works, because it's so ... uniformed.

So, when I saw this, I went over to Matrix and took a snap pic.

Its 8K+ logged in and no doubt some of them are purchasing digital downloads. Last year at this time I saw occasions where there were over 20K logged on at a time.

Oh, and a funny thing, look at the list of members for a real surprise.  Laughing

And, Oh again, look at the birthday list  Arrow What are the chances of that.  Laughing

Come on Church, why do YOU always insist on revealing what a pathetic noob you are  Question

#39: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:43 pm
    —
I bet first it will be Korea, as its a nice interface between WWII and modern warfare, my second guess is pacific, my third is Vietnam, hmmm perhaps Vietnam second. Well we can guess all we want, but probably better off and waiting for the product quietly,

#40: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:56 pm
    —
Hm, Korea, Vietnam?

After reading Stwa's post and his observations, I now tend to belive Matrix-Eric talks about a CCMT re-release.. . Not CC6..

#41: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:56 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

Thanks Again to all !

You know, Church, your sarcasm rarely works, because it's so ... uniformed.

So, when I saw this, I went over to Matrix and took a snap pic.

Its 8K+ logged in and no doubt some of them are purchasing digital downloads. Last year at this time I saw occasions where there were over 20K logged on at a time.

Oh, and a funny thing, look at the list of members for a real surprise.  Laughing

And, Oh again, look at the birthday list  Arrow What are the chances of that.  Laughing

Come on Church, why do YOU always insist on revealing what a pathetic noob you are  Question

happy Birthday Sbufkle!LOL

#42: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:53 pm
    —
ouch! & double ouch.

No.  I'm not that brave to actually put in discouraging word(s) via a Post.

I really was impressed with your posts.

But this MEDIUM (the written word) can easily be misunderstood online.

No problem.  

:)

It easily done.  

Later!  

Merry Christmas! Everyone!

#43: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 pm
    —
The safest bet is that it is Americans vs. Japs (why?simply because it's never been done) and that it has all the LSA features and all the CCMT features.
I.E...
Digging In
Troop Transport
Helicopters
5vs.5 H2H

Personally I don't see any type of Pacific Theater being a good choice,there's just not enough balance between the two sides to consider it to be enjoyable past the first game/battle.
Plus people love Tanks and Vehicles way to much to consider a Pacific Theater to be any type of success.And the Japs had crap for Tanks and vehicles.
Even Naval warfare in any way shape or form cant compete with what a Tank vs. Tank battle gives a player.

Hopefully it's still a European conflict that covers the entire War.
From Poland to Russia and up to a two stage front against the Allies.
Probably using Maps from all the Mods done and a few created/many re-edited by the one map maker they have on the payroll who by now has been worked into the ground.

You just can't replace the massive effect of Allies vs. the Germans.
You just cant.
Regardless of how bad the Japs were to people/prisoners it doesn't compare to the thrill of fighting the Germans.
Never has,Never will.

The Germans to war games are what the Indians were to the Cowboys or Calvary
It would be like trying to sell a game based on the Alamo rather than a Cowboy/Calvary vs. Indians.

#44: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:15 pm
    —
I think that the new CC will Tet Offensive Wink ...or Korea;)

I still remember that unfinished  mod for CC5  called.................Tet Offensive 1968.Turning Point  In Vietnam Wink  Wink

#45: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:41 am
    —

You got kicked out too? I thought you were the boss of the whole project?

#46: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:26 am
    —
Only while it was working properly   :)

Please note CCMT and WaR where playable releases with comprehensive updates researched, planned and being worked on for early 2009 release, CCMT weapons data was 25% re-done WaR had map recodes done and others scheduled along with niggly bug fixes in place, alas this was not to be.

Also CoI MMCC3 was supported and running at that time... now it is not supported despite continuing to be advertised.

#47: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:43 am
    —
So, CCMT was released 2 years before time Shocked ? Jesus fucking Christ.

#48: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 am
    —
G'day CCers

Still think,........IF,.... there is ever a CC6, it should probably be Korea, especially as it is extremely suitable for CC4/CC5 type strat maps (that could cover the whole country).

The Korean war was called the See-Saw War as the battlefront reached both ends of the Korean Peninsula, North and South.

Both sides, at one time, occupied more than 90% of Korea.

@ Therion

Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

The correct quote is:

"Bombing for peace, is like fucking for virginity"

That, at least, makes sense

cheers

AGS

______

#49: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:27 pm
    —
Hi there

ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
@ Therion Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

Oh, the sig actually makes sence... Both actions may be defined as: "pleasures”  Shocked

Btw, Didn´t you just got married?  Wink

/S

PS; Guys, read Stwa's post at page 3, Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm... Notice what Eric said, clews seem to point to a re-re-release of CCMT rather than a release of CC6...?? Doesn’t it.. ?

#50: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:59 pm
    —

i got it!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

#51: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:05 pm
    —
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
PS; Guys, read Stwa's post at page 3, Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:59 pm... Notice what Eric said, clews seem to point to a re-re-release of CCMT rather than a release of CC6...?? Doesn’t it.. ?

The Matrix CC business model is to re-release the older versions and sell them.  I dont think they have hired a new team of programmers and developers to create a new game, in fact they seem to have let people go, like Schrek. CCMT is the only re-release left unless they do Road to Baghdad!  Embarassed

#52: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:12 pm
    —

The Matrix CC business model is to re-release the older versions and sell them.  I dont think they have hired a new team of programmers and developers to create a new game, in fact they seem to have let people go, like Schrek. CCMT is the only re-release left unless they do Road to Baghdad!  Embarassed

Yes you’re right.
Though I must confess that I have always believed they (Matrix et al) would make a CC6. What CC6 would be, is another question all together. I was expecting CC6 to be a merge of CCMT with its multiplayer 5vs5, APC’s etc, and a strategy layer close to the remakes (WaR, TLD or most likely LSA). I expect nothing less than they expand the tactical game allowing for more than 15 teams per side, perhaps 20 up to 30 teams… I was not expecting new flashy 3D and any major development on the game as such. All mentioned a bow, is in the range of the present teams abilities, ( I believe).

Realist as I am trying hard to be, I have serious quality doubts about any product leaving the present CC-dev team. So I don’t really understand what im excited about or hoping for. But it seems I have some form of addiction for CC and I really want to hope that a future product would be in line with the quality standards I have and the game improvements im hoping for..  

If they make CC6, and the quality will be as the products we have seen to date… Then they may as well forget it, IMHO.

But i now belive that CCMT is the next re-re-re-release in line.. And who knows, perhaps RTB is the second next in line for a re-release, uhhhg...  and there after a re-re-re-release of COI..  Rolling Eyes and a CC6 as outlined abow is just a mirage...

/S

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

#53: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:26 pm
    —
The horror thinking of a RTB or CCMT re-release is unbearable.

#54: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:44 pm
    —
Have you all tried Armored Brigade?

#55: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:48 pm
    —
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
@ Therion

Your sig is annoying, as it makes no sense

The correct quote is:

"Bombing for peace, is like fucking for virginity"

That, at least, makes sense

cheers

AGS

Well, it made sense during WWII.

#56: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: dj PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 am
    —
Not buying it.  Unless Slitherine does the project with a  real  budget and spends more than a nickel on development.

#57: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:30 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

How about a CC1 re-release, now improved with 640 * 480 pixel graphics!  Rolling Eyes

#58: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:26 am
    —
Maybe it is CCMT, or maybe it is one of the mods being discussed in this thread. Who knows at this point.

Notice, no explanation about the Meuse map coding. Are they going for nickels instead of a penny. Perfect clarity. WHAT  Question

If it is CCMT, then it will be more or less as outlined by Stalky.

But as a community, do we really have what it takes to put up whole game free mods, any more.  Question

There is always Remi, and I suppose Meuse (southern_land), or maybe DAK_Legion (who lately cant seem to get past the main screen).

So long as Matrix continues to put out a game a year, then the Purgatory will continue. You can't really mod for anything, because another version of CC is coming before you can finish your mod.

Or the modders will become the new developers, with Matrix producing their games. Kinda like when CSO (the pirates) took over development, which I suppose was ended when Schrecks team got the axe. This crew was so de-void of ethics, they were willing to steal from each other. It was an incredible era for CC.

So someone, please ask them to stop  Idea

Unless, there is something I am not seeing (entirely possible), the bottleneck to all sustaned full game mods are the maps. And you can count the mappers on one hand. So follow the mappers, right.  Question

#59: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 am
    —

I agree with your earlier statements.

THE GERMANS must be involved, even if they are transported to the Pacific Theater, they would be better than the Japs. (they have better tanks).  Idea

I actually did this myself, a few years ago, where I had the Germans and Americans fighting it out on Okinawa maps. It was weird, but more fun than fighting the Japs.  Exclamation

#60: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: bernd_nowak PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 am
    —
No idea what they will release and it's a shame that they don't give some early screenshots or infos. But looking around the CC series is still a special niche/idea which is not cloned by any other game/simulation. Don't get me wrong. CC series is a game for me but more based on a truth like maybe Men Of War, Company of Heroes etc. IMO
So it would be a shame to not develop any further.

While I would prefer a D3D based engine with a fixed iso view I see that creating 3D maps would be to much work to make them really shining. It would be great to have the campaign system still in place and have a strategic map with a better AI as well as for the single maps a better AI while my biggest concern is the strategic AI. So a remake/new one which has all features from the other releases working as well as a better strategic AI would suit me well Smile And some integrated tools to create strategic map ... to make it easier to add custom content as well as some basic import tools for older Mods.

But a little more info would be great Smile

#61: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 am
    —
2300+ views of this thread in 9 days.... still some interest.

#62: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:57 am
    —
Don’t get me wrong here Schrecken, your right it’s a massive intrest.

But looking closer at the thread and the posts in it, one may ask one selve how the interest is defined...

1. Is it interest coming from high expectations based on positive previous experions, you know where people smell something wonderful,  like outside your favourite bakery..  
2. There are also other sorts of reasons people line up with big eyes showing interest, here is one such a reason:  

When I saw the thread, I expect “2.” but beg, pray and hope for “1.”
After reading you second post at page 1, it seems you know exactly what I mean.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

#63: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:53 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Or the modders will become the new developers, with Matrix producing their games. Kinda like when CSO (the pirates) took over development, which I suppose was ended when Schrecks team got the axe. This crew was so de-void of ethics, they were willing to steal from each other. It was an incredible era for CC.

Details, plz?

#64: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:18 pm
    —
2300+ views of this thread in 9 days.... still some interest.

That is a lot of views for sure. So it might equate to interest.

But even The AI Belly Down Assault got 2700+ views, so I am inclined to go with Stalky.

Every site has its cast of characters and freaks, the sheeple are just tuning in.

Last edited by Stwa on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

#65: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 pm
    —
Therion wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

OK, you dweeb (I hate it when people play stupid), start here, but this just the tip of the iceberg, me thinks.  Arrow

CSO Pirates Being Pirates

For additional clues, may I suggest the movie Rancho Deluxe, with Jeff Bridges.  Idea

... and, for a more complete understanding of modern day media piracy, go here  Arrow

The Real Media Pirates

#66: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:30 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

OK, you dweeb (I hate it when people play stupid), start here, but this just the tip of the iceberg, me thinks.  Arrow

Oh. I thought you're talking about some ancient modding community drama. I don't know why you're accusing the whole team of being devoid of ethics and stealing from each other. Someone leaked it but the team got axed because they didn't know who it was which posed a very high security threat, not because there was some conspiracy. I always thought that Shreck and some others were a part of some kind of trusted inner circle and have stayed, though, so I'm surprised that everyone got kicked out.

Anyway, did Sulla stay or did he get kicked out too?

#67: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:40 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

Oh. I thought you're talking about some ancient modding community drama. I don't know why you're accusing the whole team of being devoid of ethics and stealing from each other. Someone leaked it but the team got axed because they didn't know who it was which posed a very high security threat, not because there was some conspiracy. I always thought that Shreck and some others were a part of some kind of trusted inner circle and have stayed, though, so I'm surprised that everyone got kicked out.

Well, me thinks, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not sure about Sulla, other than to say, he is the person that is basically getting ripped, and you saw the titles he listed.

I also, don't like your choice of words for some reason, ... I mean the "security threat" and "conspiracy". In my mind, it's just theft, because they can, and they believe they won't get caught. Kinda like looters or pirates. It has nothing to do with Matrix.

I have seen it since I have been at this site, where people try to rip WIP, from their "friends". It's a human nature thing.

#68: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:56 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Stwa wrote (View Post):
Details, plz?

Well, me thinks, that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Not sure about Sulla, other than to say, he is the person that is basically getting ripped, and you saw the titles he listed.

I also, don't like your choice of words for some reason, ... I mean the "security threat" and "conspiracy". In my mind, it's just theft, because they can, and they believe they won't get caught. Kinda like looters or pirates. It has nothing to do with Matrix.

I have seen it since I have been at this site, where people try to rip WIP, from their "friends". It's a human nature thing.

It isn't a theft since nothing got removed from the inventory. The same for looting and piracy. Don't be retarded.
I think the correct name for what happened was espionage as confidential stuff that wasn't supposed to be even seen by anyone from outside (or even most of inside) of the team was leaked.

I used the name "conspiracy" because you're making it sound like majority of CSO decided to leak that stuff. I'm explaining that the team got axed because there was a spy inside it and no one knew who it is and it was a security threat because he could as well leak next betas. No need to ascribe it to the whole fucking team.

#69: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:22 am
    —
Well,

Like I have already stated, several times, I think this particular incident is just the tip of the iceberg. You will notice, in the one thread we have here, Sulla mentions a lot of titles.

Also, I did not invent the term piracy, but by it's modern definition as it relates to software it is definately applicable, in this particular instance, not to mention some of the more "ancient" issues, that you were hoping for.

The judicial system will, in the end, determine the more modern definitions of theft, never mind, if something cannot be physically removed. (i.e. software), and up to now they have been ruling theft, not just copyright infringements.

The term, espionage, is just an attempt to glorify it all.

Perhaps we should start another thread, or continue this discussion at CSO forum, if it still exists.

#70: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:45 am
    —
2300 views does Not translate into 2300 purchases.
More likely the results of 23 die hard CC fans constantly reading this thread a hundred times a day looking for any type of clues or info they may have missed their first 99 time around. Laughing

I sure hope all of you are wrong in the field of what/where/genre this Theater of War will take place.
If any of you are correct with any type of Pacific Theater this game will just be no fun at all,just look at the Large Maps they keep making.
How you going to have a great gaming experience on Large maps will all infantry and a few crappy vehicles?
More troops?..........No
5on5 with all troops?........No
Where's the strategy/fun in that? Sneak here,Sneak there,hidden bunker here,hidden bunker there.

It's also comical to think any of us are actually interested in this so called new game when only myself seems to speak of.........
"Here we go again",lets start another game before we fix the last one,err two,ahh three,I mean four.
And you KNOW they did this in all likelihood just a few months after LSA was released.
I see mooxe's post about the Blown Bridge for LSA.
I know what I see in WAR
Whats wrong with tLD? Did they get that one right?
If it wasn't for xe5 you can guarantee LSA would still be riddled with errors.

This is just as bad when Beebs first announced a new CC was coming and that they had the source code.(We didn't know then he meant re-releases) and everybody was like YEA.
And yet all of you said nothing about why we couldn't get a patch for CCV,the one version everybody was playing.

Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it.

Why?

#71: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:38 am
    —
quote: ORIGINAL: LitFuel
I know it's a small thing but that's one of my fears when you guys got a hold of ther CC's is that you feel you can start messing with things that don't need messing with. Just worry about the real problems that need fixing.

quote: ORIGINAL: Stwa
Just patch CC3. Put the patch on the CSO site so people can download it. Make a CC6 (the myth game) and sell that.

COI Remake of CC3

There are several threads, that seem pretty humorous now, especially some of the comments from GRUBB, which seem downright ridiculous in hindsight. And I think, he might have been one of the few (including Sulla), that was trying to give everyone the real picture.

#72: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:54 am
    —
2300 views = hope in my eyes, but it may be like a loved one with Jack the Dancer,

You can only hope.......

but deep down you know it aint gonna happen

sigh

#73: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:54 am
    —

Discovered by famed explorer Maj. D Von Kramer in a Texas barbershop.

Priceless! - Actually shes pretty hot! Embarassed

#74: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:23 am
    —
2300 views does Not translate into 2300 purchases.
More likely the results of 23 die hard CC fans constantly reading this thread a hundred times a day looking for any type of clues or info they may have missed their first 99 time around. Laughing

Hahah, i confess, im one of the 23...

"Here we go again",lets start another game before we fix the last one,err two,ahh three,I mean four.

Yeh... I dint buy LSA, thought for a minute about DL it (pirated), but dint even bother with that...  So there is acctually a learning curb, but ooohh so flat.  

/Marry X-mas Dave & Co

Btw:
Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it. Why?

Yeh, Smile wonder what that tells us about our selves.. A photo of the typical CC-user is attached:

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

low elasticity (kopia).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  250.18 KB
 Viewed:  13309 Time(s)

low elasticity (kopia).jpg

#75: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:24 pm
    —
That pretty much sums it up.
It's funny too.

I have 2 of the re-releases put I don't play LSA.
It's a shame because I thought that would make for a great GC.
Also the UI graphics and stratmap graphics are just so horrible for LSA.

Merry Christmas to you too Stalky and everyone else.
Course I miss Sr_Drill and his Santa Nordic Tracker post/thread.

#76: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:21 pm
    —
Butt Pirates

Maybe the exciting news will be the new re releases will be fixed?

#77: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:47 pm
    —
Good picture AT_Stalky, that does sum it up....  Razz

Merry Christmas to you CC addicts!!!

#78: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:43 pm
    —
....enjoying this thread, its like our classic conversation here.... Exciting news turned into new release... funny!!

#79: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:01 pm
    —
Mooxe, did you really expect anything else  Question

I like Stalky's observations, but the following is the best commentary in the thread, IMHO.

It also says a lot about the nature of humans and thier ability to bullshit, under any circumstances.  

Schrecken  Arrow
Please note CCMT and WaR where playable releases with comprehensive updates researched, planned and being worked on for early 2009 release, CCMT weapons data was 25% re-done WaR had map recodes done and others scheduled along with niggly bug fixes in place, alas this was not to be.

Therion  Arrow
So, CCMT was released 2 years before time Shocked ? Jesus fucking Christ.

#80: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:34 pm
    —
platoon_michael  Arrow
Your still getting/buying the same Shit and you don't get it.

I only purchased CCMT, when it was on sale, but that doesn't mean I haven't fucked up big time on other games.

For instance, I was extremely happy with Uncommon Valor, so then I got War in the Pacific, WRONG  Exclamation

Then I followed that up with Ageods, Birth of America, and then Frank's WWI game.

It was at that time, I decided to cut Matrix off entirely.

#81: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:48 am
    —
Who owns the codes etc these days?

I just got an email from a very nice lady in Nigeria who will give me $200,000 if I help her release her late husband's funds in the UK. All I had to give her was my bank account details, address etc. When I get the money I will invest it in CC6.

Merry present giving day, and gaming new year.

[Edit] my on-line bank account is says I don't have any money in it, that's strange, I guess I will have to go to the ATM.

[Edit] [Edit] Oh gosh my ATM card was swallowed, can anyone spare me the fare for a bus?

#82: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:06 am
    —
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL  Very Happy

Dont forget the reason for the season

If you take Christ out of Christmas

you turn a Holi-day into a hollow-day

Sorry for getting off topic guys

Well, sort of................

My wife and i had an office wedding March, 20, 2009 in Marilao on Luzon Island

Link
In the 2nd part of above video, i say:
"MMMM, this food is delicious, but not as good as this"
Now it will make more sense  Very Happy

Link

My wife and her sister sing Hilsong's "So Close" at 2:11am 26th March 2009 In Marilao, Bulacan. After celebrating hs birthday my wife's Father and my wife's sister are flying back to their home island at 7am

Link

Because we were going to be in my wife's home town on our 2nd wedding anniversary (March 20, 2011), a Sunday, we thought, since very few of her relatives were able to attend our wedding in Marilao, that it would be nice if we got up and remade our vows during the service.
We mentioned it, to just one person, 2 weeks before we flew there.
Only the night before did we find out that they had planned a full blown, Surprise church wedding for us, with a handmade wedding dress and a pig on the spit for the reception etc

Link
WATCH THIS VIDEO TOO GUYS (only 2 mins)
Actually, i messed up the vows  Rolling Eyes  which caused hysterics in the congregation, the vows have been edited, but you can still hear some mirth  Laughing

Then again after celebrating Papa's birthday, the sister's sing again

Link
WATCH THIS VIDEO TOO GUYS (only 1:17)

So, YES, AT_Stalky, i just got married this year,......................again,............to the same gal  Laughing  

Now ,..............

Back to topic........

_______________   CC6 ?   _______________

.....................BRING IT ON BABY !!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS

AGS

______

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:01 am; edited 5 times in total

#83: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 am
    —
I take that as a double “yes”..

Congrats AGS.

#84: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:16 pm
    —
Congrats and thanks for the nice pic AGS!  Cool

#85: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):

There is always Remi, and I suppose Meuse (southern_land), or maybe DAK_Legion (who lately cant seem to get past the main screen).

Merry Christmas Stwa!

A new Stratmap....thank you very much for your confidence my friend!

A Greetings from Spain;)

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  140.74 KB
 Viewed:  10909 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

#86: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:13 am
    —
Perhaps mini-mods like Legion's are the way of the future, a full scale mod with 64 new maps is far too much work for a small team.

#87: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 am
    —
Perhaps mini-mods like Legion's are the way of the future, a full scale mod with 64 new maps is far too much work for a small team.

Agreed, anyone that can get 64 maps finished, will be trying to get Matrix behind them.

Makes me wonder about Meuse.

#88: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 pm
    —
Yeah...

And I'd like to say again... what makes mods good is the effort put into the data and stratmap. Tons of pretty maps with poor data and non functional strat map make a poor mod.

#89: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:04 pm
    —
Agree Grunt!

Agree Stwa!

Agree Mooxe!

#90: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:03 pm
    —
Let me edit this,

The whole CC forum for years hasn't been what it used to be.
The Matrix forum were good for about 3 months,and the majority of that was just posting about what they wanted or the bugs in the games they purchased.

Even looking at the so called any new CC on the way thread at Matrix has only what?
7 or 8 posts.

I see more excitement coming in the way of bashing people then I do the next new CC.
(You have no idea how hard it is not to say anything)

#91: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 pm
    —
AGSud !  Nice :)

And Hillsong from downunder are a super good group of singers for the Lord God / Jesus.  :D

God Bless! you both and thanks for your post! and being here.  Smile

#92: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:40 pm
    —
Really, Hillsong are a cult... stay away if you are smart.

"We're äll going to Snake City
We're all going with flowers in our hair"

#93: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 am
    —
Really, Hillsong are a cult... stay away if you are smart.
Hmmm, not sure i would go quite that far, in saying that Hillsong is a "cult".

Though i am very critical of Hillsong's behaviour as a "Church".

Firstly, i am not approving of some of their doctrine/theology
(A) they appear to preach the prosperity doctrine ("theologically incorrect")
(B) some of their song lyrics are "theologically incorrect"

Secondly, i am not impressed with their financial actions:
(A) obsessions with real estate
(B) Lack of expenditure in Missionary activities

But,..... a "cult"..........

Every cult can be defined as a group having all of the following 5 characteristics:

1.  It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members                  [?]

2.  It forms an elitist totalitarian society                                                                           [?]

3.  Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma [?]

4.  It believes 'the end justifies the means' in order to solicit funds, recruit people                   [?]

5.  Its wealth does not benefit its members or society                                                        [./]

Strike 1 Hillsong dont fit that definition

"What is the definition of a cult?"  (Ref. http://www.gotquestions.org/cult-definition.html)

The specific Christian definition of a cult is “a religious group that denies one or more of the fundamentals of biblical truth.” In simpler terms, a cult is a group that teaches something that will cause a person to remain unsaved if he/she believes it. As distinct from a religion, a cult is a group that claims to be part of the religion, yet denies essential truth(s) of that religion. A Christian cult is a group that denies one or more of the fundamental truths of Christianity, while still claiming to be Christian.

The two most common teachings of cults are that Jesus was not God and that salvation is not by faith alone. A denial of the deity of Christ results in Jesus’ death not being a sufficient payment for our sins. A denial of salvation by faith alone results in salvation being achieved by our own works, something the Bible vehemently and consistently denies.

CHRISTIAN DEFINITION  (Ref. http://www.religio.de/cudef.html)
CULT - Any group which deviates from Biblical, orthodox, historical Christianity. e.i.
They deny the Deity of Christ;                 [x]
His physical resurrection;                        [x]
His personal and physical return to earth [x]
and salvation by FAITH alone.                 [?]

Hmmm, i think they fail this definition almost completely

Strike 2 Hillsong dont fit that definition

7 ELEMENTS OF A CULTIC GROUP (Ref. http://www.spiritwatch.org/cultdef.htm)

1) A centralized form of  leadership that rules with unquestioned authority                              [?]

2) A body of convictions, beliefs, and practices set forth boldly as "the truth"                          [./]

3) A compelling presentation of the group vision to prospects that is inviting and challenging    [./]

4) A series of manipulative socializing sessions to instill psychological dependence on the group [x]

5) A definable process of group dynamics used to unethically control and manipulate members  [?]

6) A history of abuses of authority by group leaders freely using deception and fear tactics       [?]

7) A history of psychological and spiritual abuses of group members that destroy lives               [x]

Maybe about 50% of the 7

Strike 3 Hillsong dont fit that definition

Yes, Hillsong Church do arguably meet some of the criteria to be defined as a "Cult"

But they don't make they grade.

This does not mean they won't, or are not on the way to becoming a cult,...only time will tell

Really, Hillsong are a cult...
.                .   .                .   .                .  [x]

Really, Hillsong ... stay away if you are smart.
.                .   .                .   .                .  [./]

back to topic

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - CLOSE COMBAT ROCKS !!!!! - - - - - - - - - - - -

_______     _______     _______     _______   CC6  _______     _______     _______     _______

______________  BRING IT ON BABY !!!! ______________

CHEERS

AGS

_______

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

#94: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: zcharlesLocation: Italy-Forum Iulii PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:36 pm
    —
I suppose it's not correct to write an infinite post off-topic, and then claim to go back to topic.
I suppose it would be correct just to stay on topic; I'm saying I'm not appreciating a lot posts like this your and the one about your holiday videos on this specific discussion, i'd like to read stuff about CC6.
Hope I'm not offensive, I come in pace AGS, please. Greetings.

#95: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:44 am
    —
zcharles wrote (View Post):
I suppose it's not correct to write an infinite post off-topic, and then claim to go back to topic.
I suppose it would be correct just to stay on topic; I'm saying I'm not appreciating a lot posts like this your and the one about your holiday videos on this specific discussion, i'd like to read stuff about CC6.
Hope I'm not offensive, I come in peace AGS, please. Greetings.
Peace back to you brother in arms (virtual).

Point taken

Though i think your use of the word "infinite" was a tad excessive  Wink

But yes, you caught me out !  Shocked

The "back to topic" comment was indeed thrown in there in order to keep the post in its original thread so as to keep the continuum regarding the flow of topical divergance.

My LARGE (but finite) posts were in reply to previous posts.   Smile

The last of which was a nescesary response to schreken (who is the guilty party for instigating Hillsong-cult topic), who in turn responded to MF_church's post, which is in turn a response to my 1st LARGE (but finite) post, which itself was a clarification of something that AT_Stalky wrote

But i confess, the trail of offtopicness does lead back to me  Embarassed , because AT_Stalky's post was responding to my complaint about Therion's disturbingly nonsensical signature  Confused

zcharles wrote (View Post):
I'm saying I'm not appreciating a lot posts like this your and the one about your holiday videos on this specific discussion, i'd like to read stuff about CC6.
Well, i appreciate that zcharles, your complaint is justified

But the fact is, is that this thread's topic is dead!  Crying or Very sad

The thread topic: "New Close combat release announced" is a lie, there has been no such official announcement.  Sad

There has only been a rumour  Question

Certainly nothing to get excited about  Rolling Eyes

The rumour is not even about a New Close combat release, but a rumour about another rerelease  Rolling Eyes

so, its really just Ho Hum zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Actually, i think my LARGE (but finite) posts did improve this thread  Cool

The first added some color and some entertainment value in contrast to the bickerring  Mad  and expressions of dissappointment that the thread's topic has evoked.

The 2nd lifted the intelectual, spiritual and literary level of conversation and was informative as compared to this thread's topical content which has left people ,such as yourself, largely uninformed and totally in the dark regarding any New Close combat release

zcharles, please forgive me for yet another LARGE (but finite) post that has little to add to this thread's pseudo-topic

To any other CC addicts who have had to endure reading this post, please blame zcharles for prompting me to write this response  Laughing    Razz

cheers all

AGS

_______

#96: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:27 am
    —
I'm still tipping a CCMT re-release with a Strat map and a campaign. The maps were worth another run at least. Too bad they cant change the setting to Belgium in winter 1944  Wink - with medics and guard dogs!

#97: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:20 am
    —
I'm still tipping a CCMT re-release with a Strat map and a campaign. The maps were worth another run at least. Too bad they cant change the setting to Belgium in winter 1944  Wink - with medics and guard dogs!

Of course they can  Smile

Don't know about the medics and guard dogs though  Confused

But how about, Summer in central Russia, with Marxist political officers, fully functional Taverns and RBTs

Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   Shocked

But in all seriousness, CC6 could be based on the movie:

RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

Link

cheers

AGS

________

#98: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:55 pm
    —
Fake video btw.

#99: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:11 pm
    —
:D

Refreshing and entertaining and at the same time informative!

Tu ArmeeGruppe!

p.s. Short version of cult.  Anything that takes away from the Deity of J.C.

#100: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:04 am
    —
Off topic, but still on the alternative topic - A religion is when the prophet is dead -  A cult is when the prophet is alive.
This is why for L. Ron Hubbard "dissapeared" - they wanted tax exemption status for the "Church" of Scientology, but could not get it while he was alive.
He "Died", and suddenly they are classed as a religion with all the massive tax benefits that go along with it.....
Just remember -  a tax "benefit" simply means someone else - the taxpayer - is paying instead.
This is true for religions, companies, charities, Close Combat Web sites and everything else.

#101: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 am
    —
Shoot Mooxe and get tax free status for this site?

#102: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:41 am
    —
lol - but I think he'd be a better shot than me  Embarassed

#103: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm
    —
Okay...

Some more clues, I found this at Matrix LSA forum:::

Qoute Erik::
We did discuss CCMT and we agree that it will get an update, but we did not have time in this iteration to do that update. We have that scheduled for later this year to bring it up to date with the improvements in the other titles as far as AI and pathfinding especially.

Regards,

- Erik

//End Qoute

So, the exciting news was not CCMT ver-2.0???

#104: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm
    —
...with the improvements in the other titles as far as AI and pathfinding especially

Good News

#105: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:27 pm
    —
LMFAO, Iam sexy and i know it Wink

#106: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Whistler PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am
    —
Okay...

Some more clues, I found this at Matrix LSA forum:::

Qoute Erik::
We did discuss CCMT and we agree that it will get an update, but we did not have time in this iteration to do that update. We have that scheduled for later this year to bring it up to date with the improvements in the other titles as far as AI and pathfinding especially.

Regards,

- Erik

//End Qoute

So, the exciting news was not CCMT ver-2.0???

Great news, but Da Bunny and his team should really look at the one theatre that has not been touched by a game or mod, let alone a full campaign: Italy.

#107: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:42 pm
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
The judicial system will, in the end, determine the more modern definitions of theft, never mind, if something cannot be physically removed. (i.e. software), and up to now they have been ruling theft, not just copyright infringements.

The "modern" definition is completely subhuman. Stealing something is wrong because it removes stuff from someone's inventory and one no longer has that stuff, therefore stuff that isn't removed must not be defined as stealing.

Stwa wrote (View Post):
The term, espionage, is just an attempt to glorify it all.

So, according to you, downloading a game from the internets is worse than spying and leaking company secrets? You're mentally ill. It was a condemnation, not glorification, you cretin.

#108: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:45 pm
    —
Tisk tisk therion,

You are going to have to do a lot better than that if you expect this thread to make it to Trainwrecks.  Laughing

BTW, nothing is "according to moi", its the courts. As long as they keep toying with this idea of intellectual property, then there is bound to be a lot of problems.

There used to be patents for this sort of thing, so we will se how far it actually makes it as a concept.

Meanwhile, kick back, relax, and take another hit off your bong.  It looks like you could use it.  Laughing

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1