New Close combat release announced
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm
    —
Erik Rutins today announced :

Quote:
There will be some exciting news regarding CC in the future, probably early next year.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm hoping a move from NW Europe

#2: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:06 am
    —
Yawn!

Don't bother saying anything until you have an article to read about the game and screen shots to view.
Also leave your outdated 2D graphics at home.
And don;t release anything until "YOU" have Beta tested it.Not the consumer.

#3: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:43 am
    —
Don't shoot the messenger... what do you mean YOU?????

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

I had a team of beta testers which Matrix disbanded.

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

just my observations on the performance since WaR was released.

#4: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 pm
    —
I wish i could say i am happy... Crying or Very sad

#5: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:36 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

Matrix don't want beta testing... Alpha testing at best then ship it to the consumer to send back bug reports which take about 26 months to be acted upon, if at all.

That makes No sense...
And hum, what about a russian Front, why not play a Port of a East mod on LSA or something?

#6: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:03 pm
    —
Cool. Get er done Erik.   Very Happy

#7: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:35 pm
    —

get with the program it's been nearly 3 years since I could have been included in a YOU descriptive.

Obviously I don't follow everything.
I just figured you were still on the Matrix payroll.

I'll keep my hope high,but my expectations aren't.
Not trying to be the so called "Debbie Downer" but their track record does speak for itself.

#8: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:42 pm
    —
Quote:
Obviously I don't follow everything.

then don't make rude and assinine comments.

#9: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 pm
    —
Shame you can't say the same about yourself.

Prick!

#10: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm
    —
Finally some news of new stuf on the CC front  Very Happy
And the thread as been derailed already.. nothing new on the CC front  Sad

#11: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:50 pm
    —

A friendly advice mate, Got to be careful being so honest, you may be ladled a “piss ant” and a “hater” and "idiot" by the developer team. Be careful, Flamethrougher, Southernland, Tejszd and Schrecken hover over the forum and mercilessly clamp down on any form of critique of there splendid products.  Cool

Wish you well mate,

/S  

Hauppf, I hope this new product will be good, but whats the odds, anyone?  Rolling Eyes

#12: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:14 pm
    —
Matrix Thread

We're past any chance for exciting news.

#13: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:33 am
    —
I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

It's like Schrecken said, not beta at all, just consumer (code word PUBLIC) testing. It is going on all over the place now days.

Maybe its Meuse Crossing, or another GJS  Shocked

Whatever it is, it just missed the Christmas deadline, that's all. We have seen that before.  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

#14: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
I'm so excited -- NOT  Laughing

This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing

Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

#15: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
This site is becomeing something like PURGATORY, and to see Childress sounding off like a noob with all the hurrahs, just makes you want to puke doesn't it.  Laughing Rutins is a fucking spaz  Exclamation

Weird

Back to the topic.....

I will look forward to the Matrix announcement, and hopefully they will do a better job than in the past at getting something playable out first time around.

#16: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:09 pm
    —
Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

#17: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:09 am
    —
Paying for a MOD is a business model that could work. We could also do it ourselves but it needs a good mod leader to dish out the tasks to a relatively large group of people. I am a failed modder because I am a perfectionist, I have always worked by myself, but then run out of time and energy halfway to 3/4 of the way through the project or had some disaster like a computer crash or theft without adequately backing up.

#18: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:10 am
    —
papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
I will forward to Matrix, and they will do something playable first time around.

Weird

Ok, back on topic.

Unless, the new release, if that is what it is, uses the exact same code line from LSA, or maybe even WAR or TLD, then there will most certainly be PUBLIC testing, which leads ordinary people, like Schrecken, or platoon_micheal, or myself, to believe that would take a long time, based on pervious experiences, when other games were "released".  Arrow

Vague inuendos about a product release, and cheeleading for un-released releases, that have not been formally described as a release, ...

Is SPAZ LIKE behavior, IMHO.  Wink

#19: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 am
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Interested to hear/see what it is. It isn't Meuse mod.

Even if it is just a "new mod" I would be okay with that as the number of mods/people doing anything for CC has really dropped off. I also know the effort a mod takes and sometimes think it would be easier to just pay someone something to get it....

And that would be too bad, because even though it is France again, its the early period, which could portray the tactical problems/fun, of the historical blitzkreig.

Of course, the air power role would be underutilized, but it would be fun nevertheless.

For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

#20: Re: New Close combat release announced Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:13 am
    —
Stwa wrote (View Post):
For some reason, I guess I got the mistaken imperssion, that you an southernland had teamed-up and were producing maps, and moving the mod forward.

you mean like this?

bouillon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  314.59 KB
 Viewed:  19538 Time(s)

bouillon.jpg

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 6