NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:19 am
    —
Hey, if anyone is so inclined, go to the Novalogic site.

They have a desperation sale going on, where you can buy one software "bundle" and you will get another "bundle" of equal or lesser value, for free.  Exclamation

Now, I have owned most of these games at one point or another, but I sold em all to unknowledgeable noobs, so I could dry out for a few years.  Idea

Now that rehab is over, and the multiplayer servers are just a shadow of their former selves, it was safe for me to return to this crack house, so I purchased the DFX/DFX2 bundle and got the DFBHD/DFBHDTS bundle for free.

These titles are all digital downloads, so no disks required when playing, and the whole thing cost me 25 smackers.

They all run on XP, or W7, so I will be able to use them as an escape vehicle from my wife for a long time to come.  Idea

#2: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:32 am
    —
Did they finally implement a decent teammate AI?

#3: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:35 am
    —
Used to play alot in DF1 via LAN in 90s. Was pretty revolutionary that time Smile.
But since DF2 it has been becoming worse and worse, especially if you've tried R6 and GR Wink.

#4: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am
    —
Therion wrote (View Post):
Did they finally implement a decent teammate AI?

#5: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:04 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Used to play alot in DF1 via LAN in 90s. Was pretty revolutionary that time Smile.
But since DF2 it has been becoming worse and worse, especially if you've tried R6 and GR Wink.

Hmm... DFX was basically a beeg "upgrade" of DF1, and included many of the old DF1 single player missions.

DFX multiplayer had only 3 TDM maps, but very addictive anyway, and much better performance than JO.

The pic is from the WEATHERMAN mission. I am launching grenades into the house where the bad guys are.

#6: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 am
    —
Did you try Ghost Recon series?

#7: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:45 am
    —
You know, I think I tried GR, and I liked it, but oddly enough, and maybe you remember some of this back then,

... but a lot of these titles were rated Mature (not just blood and guts, but language, and sometimes sexual themes too, and DF was rated teen.

And I was mainly getting the game for my son, who was young at that time.

BTW, ditch the HUD when playing single player, go slow, and the missions are a blast. DF games always make you wade though a sea of bad guys.

#8: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:09 am
    —
Ghost Recon has ESRB rating T (teen) Smile.

#9: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:17 am
    —
What I really like best about DFX/DFX2 is the fact that there are a gazillion custom missions, developed by players from all over the world.  Idea

#10: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm
    —
What I really like best about GR/GRAW2 is the fact that there are a gazillion custom missions, developed by players from all over the world. Very Happy
www.ghostrecon.net Wink.

#11: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 am
    —
Once you get used to Nova's graphics (a little blocky sometimes), then I think the games appearance is nice, especially for a game thats about 6 years old now.

Plus it runs on my rig just fine (Radeon 9600, AMD Athelon 2000). Basically 2001 vintage.

I like snow terrain best.  Arrow

#12: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:40 am
    —
Delta Force titles are notroiously easy to modify, with a wide range of expert tools.

I was able to add the Mexcio campaign, and a its first mission in a jiffy.

The mission was already created by another modder, so I downloaded it and made just a few changes to slot it into my planned campaign.  Idea

#13: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 am
    —
DFX/DFX2 is a lot easier to mod than CC games.

The mod tools are polished and easy to use.

Here I have moved all of the DFX Single player campaigns and missions to DFX2, which is a newer version.  Idea

It was easy, just took a few minutes, once you figured out how to do it.

#14: Re: NovaLogic Delta Force - The Ultimate Drug? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am
    —
I added back in the original campaigns that came with DFX2.  Idea

Plus I have a ton of work in process stuff in the Instant Action area.

Actually, I just use original missions, and some great 3rd party stuff that was really finished by other guys, then I fix up the mission text and other details so they operate more or less like the originals.

Its a great hobby. Wish I had more time for it.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1