Heated political/religious discussions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#141: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:53 pm
    —
Blackstump wrote (View Post):
Quote:

I guess if you live in Australia then you can live your entire life in that backwoods area that you live in and not engage people in any type of serious discussion and come face to face with how things are. That's how Muslims live their lives, they live where they are and rarely meet for example western people who could tell them how things are and educate them so they stay religious. You are just like them. Congratz eh?

In reply to MajorFrank
So Australia is a backwoods area? in comparison to ?
We do not engage in serious discussion? with people who know how things are ?
This is how Muslims are ?
Muslims rarely meet western people ?
You need to tell them how things are?
You need to educate Muslims so they stay religious?
And you call me backwood....
Amazing!

I was just drawing some much needed attention to AGS's irrationality and also his rabid anti-Muslim rhetoric that seems to border on hate speech. Which is strange, I would imagine that as a religious person he would find fellow religious folks as his kin. I guess not.

However I'm not surprised, I know the type. "My imaginary creature is the only correct one, yours is the wrong one". The type of thinking is very similar to that professed by some radical Muslims. So that was my link, I may have not worded it correctly.

As for Australia being a backwoods, well I hope it isn't. That link posted by US_Brake earlier about aboriginal stuff sure looks interesting.

AGS,

remember, if you divorce, you go straight to hell!  Twisted Evil

Ta ta,

MF

#142: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:52 pm
    —
Quote:
remember, if you divorce, you go straight to hell!

Not only does the women take your sanity and money, they also take your eternal soul if the relationship fails. Ouch!

#143: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:40 pm
    —
US_Brake,

sure is nasty.

Since this thread has long since degenerated into a slugfest between 'religion' and 'non-religion' or as I like to call it, 'reason', here's an atheist billboard from US aimed against both Romney and Obama.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/13/first-on-cnn-atheist-group-targets-presidential-candidates-faith-with-billboards/?hpt=hp_t1

#144: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:25 am
    —
Personally I think it's just comical to watch all you idiots debate this,debate that,this view,that view these feelings,those feelings.

And yet none of you dumb asses or any of the other dumb asses like you in the world for that fact can see or know or understand what happens when doing the right thing?

Are any of you even capable of doing that?

Or do you have to wait till 12 hours of debating has passed to be sure your doing the right thing?

It's not rocket science and yet you treat it as if it was harder than rocket science.

Thank God I'm 46,I figure if I'm lucky I have 25-35 years left of dealing with this shit.
Then I can just kick back.

#145: Relatively cool religious discussions Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:27 am
    —
1st If judgement is left to others than they are judgeing you on their morals, how would you feel if Anders Breivik sat on that panel ?
Uncomfortable, because Anders Breivik would not approve my Asian wife.

But before an impartial, righteous, omniscient judge (God), i could get justice  Cool

(let not you judge others less you be judged yourself )
.                Nice Biblical quote  Smile

Did you know that the Bible is the single greatest source of wisdom known to man, yes, eclipsing even the writings of confucious

I know that i am less than perfect, and i strive to improve myself by helping others without resorting to convert them to my beliefs.

If that were entirely true, you would not be here promulgating your beliefs  Wink

2nd Muppets are made by men, as is your god, one can believe in either that is their choice, i prefer to believe in myself.

Incorrect, men are made by God and muppets are made by men.

3rd If you believe that your god will give you eternal salvation than good on you. I hope everybodys god will do the same.
That is a truly noble hope my friend, may the only true God become your God and bless you with eternal life  Very Happy

CHEERS

AGS

Last edited by ArmeeGruppeSud on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#146: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: FiestitaLocation: Santa Fe PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:38 am
    —
ArmeeGruppeSud wrote (View Post):
i seriously don't have time to even read it all.

Here's where I stop arguing with a dude that does not read what I write.

[/quote]Look at it this way. do you think the 1940s USA could outmatch the industry of all Europe and Asia?[/quote]

Yes, 1940s USA industry could outmatch even the rest of the world.

#147: Not so heated religious discussions Author: ArmeeGruppeSud PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:50 pm
    —
@ US_Brake, MF  & platoon_michael

My young wife is waiting impatiently again and i am forbidden to answer more than 1 post a night from this thread, so i must reply to your posts later

CHEERS

AGS

Fiestita wrote (View Post):
Here's where I stop arguing with a dude that does not read what I write.

Well, you actually need to write stuff worth reading to get read.......

Yes, 1940s USA industry could outmatch even the rest of the world.

When people write absolute garbage like the above quote, they dont deserve to get read  Rolling Eyes

#148: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: FiestitaLocation: Santa Fe PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 pm
    —
Well I spoke with clear arguments, maybe you need to read about how did USA help URSS during WWII and see if they didn't outmatch de rest of the world.

And the casualties I've quoted can be corroborated here:

Horst Boog et al, "Germany and the Second World War: Volume IV: The Attack on the Soviet Union", (Oxford University Press, 1999) pp. 1120-1122

I'll also leave you a chart from: David M. Glantz, "The Soviet-German War 1941-1945: Myths and Realities: A Survey Essay" (Clemson University, South Caroline, 2001), p. 14

Now face the FACTS and not the useless chatter.

German "Barbarrossa" offensive was stalled already by mid July by heavy armor loses in Ukraine, as Kiev's resistance forced Heeresgruppe Mitte to head south to aid Heeresgruppe Sud instead of heading for Moscow.

AND THAT HAPPENED BEFORE WINTER ONSETS

#149: Re: Relatively cool religious discussions Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:25 pm
    —
Uncomfortable, because Anders Breivik would not approve my Asian wife.

Why ? Is she Muslim?

You believe Breivik hates Asians?

He don’t, he hates Muslims....

#150: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:37 pm
    —
Do your really think that the Whermatch could be able to outmatch the USA superior industry?

You are not really envisaging the entire picture are you? Look at it this way. do you think the 1940s USA could outmatch the industry of all Europe and Asia?

In mid 1940th, USAs GDP output was about 50% of the world total output.

Besides, who said that Germany seeked world domination........

#151: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 pm
    —
Took some time this morning to read through this thread, since I'm usually interested in hearing about what people believe and their reasoning behind it.

some thoughts ...
Wouldn't it be amazing if there is a God (as described in the Bible) who is good and just, who created us and loves us?

If the Bible is true, and God is good and made us good ... then who's fault would it be if the intelligent agents He created decided to do evil things against God's instructions? Is it God's fault that a man kills another, or steals, or commits other sins?

Nehemiah 9:33
"However, You are just in all that has come upon us; for You have dealt faithfully, but we have done wickedly"

I've looked inside myself and at how this world operates, and honestly didn't like what I saw. I decided to search for more, and found the Gospel. Lots of good news for here and now, and eventually ...

Revelation 21:4
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

sounds like a good deal to me Smile
david

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_dP2n-5W8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u0P9kwfF4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmVxRl5bc4Y

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total

#152: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:47 pm
    —
Kinda creepy how the Mormans sneak up on ya, Nehamiah is a dead giveaway.

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total

#153: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:07 am
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Kinda creepy how the Mormans sneak up on ya, Nehamiah is a dead giveaway.

um, if you're referring to me ... I'm not Mormon. I don't know much about them either, so I don't understand the relevance of the other part of your post, or if it's even related to the topic of Mormons.

edit, just looked it up (remember hearing something about it before) ... anyway, not interested in buying your book either Smile

#154: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 am
    —
I stand corrected david, I mistook your post as LDS Proselytizing. It could go anywhere on this post, Lutherans vs Aliens. New Age vs Hinduism.

#155: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:40 am
    —
I stand corrected david, I mistook your post as LDS Proselytizing. It could go anywhere on this post, Lutherans vs Aliens. New Age vs Hinduism.

no problem ... it's hard to know where a person is coming from without knowing them well, and especially true via internet forums. And just for the sake of clarity ... I wasn't knocking at your door Smile

#156: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:42 am
    —
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Some other thoughts:
Its seems that there’s only a type of personality that wants to be worshiped and likes when people sucking up to them, here are some: Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jung II, Ceausescu, Rakosi, Jim Jones, and a few others..   I can’t really see “god” amongst them… I believe god prefers a more dignified relation with his creation.

Hi,
Hmm, don't we all like to be worshiped?
Perhaps true, sincere worship of God is a good remedy for our pride.

Also, isn't it correct to give credit where credit is due? ... if someone has done something very special for someone else, doesn't it seem right for both parties when the person receiving the favor says "thanks".

Conversely, isn't it an affront to purposely give credit to the wrong person ... or undermine the favor with contempt by not acknowledging it?

I personally find worshiping God/Jesus through song, prayer, thanksgiving and praise to be one of the most fulfilling things in my life.
I think genuine Biblical worship is more similar to the kind mentioned in the story of the woman who came to see Jesus, than the type you mention in your above statement.

Luke 7:
36 When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. 37 A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house, so she came there with an alabaster jar of perfume. 38 As she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

39 When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

40 Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”

“Tell me, teacher,” he said.

41 “Two people owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii,[c] and the other fifty. 42 Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he forgave the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”

43 Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt forgiven.”

“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

#157: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:49 am
    —
AT_Stalky wrote (View Post):
Endless love, understanding and knowledge:
If one recognise that god may be something grate, something with a knowledge and love and understanding that dwarfs even the greatest of humans.  Would such a grate creature only set up one tiny little road through Jesus to his “kingdom”?

Any normal human with limits:
Would parents only set up one tiny narrow road for there child to follow, and if not followed the child will be througn out?
We know a few parents who have ditched there child for not obeying the parents rules. That would be the norm, but only if we apply the hard core Christians view on how god operates his kingdom.  

IMO, believing that god is such a narrow-minded limited creature, that he set up only one single small path to his kingdom is to stupefy god. And we would also have to believ he’s even more cruel, narrow-minded and loveless than the most defect of the human parents who ditch there child for not following a narrow single path..!

The Biblical way to God's Kingdom is described as:

Matthew 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

It seems to me that God is being very direct in His instructions, and gives good reasons for us to select the way that is to our advantage.
The Bible makes references to God's plan of salvation as being accessible to all and simple to understand ... yet few find it? Perhaps the problem isn't in the design of God's plan? It sounds like the choice is ours to make, and God let's us decide ... is that fair?

Is it unfair for a car manufacturer to instruct you to only put gasoline in your gas tank ... and not water, dish soap, of orange juice.
Is it cruel to tell your child not to stick a fork in the electrical outlet?

If you study the Bible, it's possible to understand why Jesus is the only way Smile

#158: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:18 am
    —
Also, I've been wrestling with the dilemma of playing CC or not. It's the last and only game I play and mod.
I've been putting off this decision for some time, but if I'm honest with myself ... I believe that I should quit.

So today is the day Smile

#159: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:48 am
    —

Quiet everybody, Brake is trying to think.  Laughing

#160: Re: Heated political/religious discussions Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am
    —
davidssfx wrote (View Post):
Hmm, don't we all like to be worshiped?

No, no, no no.. most of us don’t like to be worshiped. Though, there are a special type of personality who like that.

Also, isn't it correct to give credit where credit is due? ... if someone has done something very special for someone else, doesn't it seem right for both parties when the person receiving the favor says "thanks".

Conversely, isn't it an affront to purposely give credit to the wrong person ... or undermine the favor with contempt by not acknowledging it?

Yeh, if thanks is due, a thanks should be given.

A woman in that town who lived a sinful life learned  [..] she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.

To be totally honest, I do not believe many want that type of “worship”. If I would kiss and lick my fathers- or mothers feet’s (who created me) they would…
If my son would lick my feet’s and scream hallelujah and yahoo I would be very worried.
Na, I believe most prefers more dignified relations....

But if a sinful woman came and licked and kissed my feet, I would be tempted to let here carry on…

Is it cruel to tell your child not to stick a fork in the electrical outlet?

Another good comparison.

Lets test it: Lets say a parent only instruct SOME of here children about that electric socket danger, and the parent don’t instruct ALL of here children about the danger… What would you call that parent? Unfair? Neglectful? Or simply Cruel?

What do you call a God that only instruct SOME but not ALL his "children" how to come to heaven?  
Given that one don’t indulge in a double standard…  I mean, how many in the Americas heard about Jesus in 1400th?

It seems to me that God is being very direct in His instructions, and gives good reasons for us to select the way that is to our advantage.
The Bible makes references to God's plan of salvation as being accessible to all and simple to understand ... yet few find it?”

Perhaps the problem isn't in the design of God's plan? It sounds like the choice is ours to make, and God let's us decide ... is that fair?

A fair god must be time- and spatial invariant* or he would no be fair. So, how many bibles where there in say, year 100? How many had heard about god in the Americas up to 1492? How many up in Scandinavia had heard about the biblical god in say, year 700? So, -- fair?

It’s easy for you and me to sit in a suburb in 2012, educated, in a rich country where supply of bibles are so large they are even free. So, yeh, I guess most people in the western world have heard about Jesus and God and even own a bible or can get one if they pleases.

But see, beeing fair is reaching everyone!!!!
Evens the poorest and most remote people, in any time* at any place….

Anything but that is unfair.

So, either your God is unfair, or the Bible got it wrong.

*And from New Testament he must be time and spatial invariant from year 0-45 or so.

goodparents.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.65 KB
 Viewed:  202 Time(s)

goodparents.jpg

socket.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  261.16 KB
 Viewed:  210 Time(s)

socket.jpg

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT