old timer needs recommendation
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: old timer needs recommendation Author: Hayduke_C4 PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:17 pm
    —
I played CC religiously from 1997 through 2004 but when the new games stopped coming I moved on. I see all the original games have been remade and I am excited about jumping back in, and also getting my nephew interested as well. I have no idea which of the new releases to get and was hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I loved CC2 but it looks like CC5 the Longest Day has the most activity at least judging by the forum here. I really hate playing the computer so online opponent availability would factor in to my decision on which game to get.

Thank!

#2: Re: old timer needs recommendation Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 pm
    —
Hm, I would not recommend any of the new games. Reason, non of em are finished.
The most played of all the games are the old CC5, amazing 12 years after it was released.

CC5 has some bugs, and after 12 years we know em all, and found ways to avoid em or workaround em. Sadly, the same cant be said about the “new” CC-games..

The attached image shows the activity at this very moment, and its gives a good picture of the general activity in CC-multiplayer.

2012-01-22-11pm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67 KB
 Viewed:  3390 Time(s)

2012-01-22-11pm.jpg

#3: Re: old timer needs recommendation Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 pm
    —
The re-releases have been doctored up, so they work properly with later revisions of Direct X, and in theory will behave on XP, Vista, and perhaps W7.

That being said, CC5 still works great on my system, and having the menu system expand to my monitor size is a feature for me.

Once in a great while, I break it out and play one of the Operations, or start a Grand Campaign, that I know I will never finish.

#4: Re: old timer needs recommendation Author: Hayduke_C4 PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:34 am
    —
That's a little depressing. I can't get any pleasure out of playing the computer so looks like if no one's playing the new games online there's no point. I still love CC5 though might just break it out again. Was shocked to see it selling on Amazon for $152!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1