Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:39 pm
    —
Some pics of these monsters, is it provocation or added security?

Depends which side of the fence you are on I suppose.

Interesting to note the ready aircraft, 3 F18's & 1 Hawkeye

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/01/two-supercarriers-side-by-side-means-bad-news/

#2: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am
    —
Defense of interest.

Read "The Next 100 Years", it deals all about that. Every country is forced to make decisions that serve its own interests, not out of free will but facilitated by the situation the country is in and external factors too. The US is just defening the oil interests of itself and its current allies.

#3: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:45 am
    —
Provocation, for sure - though it is in response to a previous provocation by Iran.
It's not too often you see 2 carriers in the same task force is it? Surely there's enough megatons on just 1 for Iran!
Also the US Navy doesnt always do high profile media PR like this.
They are sending a VERY clear signal, the sabre is not just rattling, it's is clanging.

Also - we know a carrier like this is only 1 ship in a much larger group, but those ugly anti submarine and support ships just aint so photogenic are they? They must have moved them out of shot for the PR, so it is not just a normal shot it is VERY posed and, as I said, a clear signal to the new "enemy".

#4: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:54 am
    —
i hope there's no Israeli subs in the area seeking to start a war... whoops... oh shit.  Embarassed   i mean Iranian subs... you know the bad guys... the guys with everything to gain  Iranian,,, Iranian   IRANIAN!!!

#5: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: pagskier PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
i hope there's no Israeli subs in the area seeking to start a war... whoops... oh shit.  Embarassed   i mean Iranian subs... you know the bad guys... the guys with everything to gain  Iranian,,, Iranian   IRANIAN!!!

Hahahha
I think everyone is showing their muscles right now. After the european oil embargo.

I feel that's how you need to do it, not isreali way...

Now we need to wait a bit more. Iran is quite a rich country, if the middle class loose money and go bankrupt.
I think we'll eventually see a new green revolution.
But the thing is we need to hit Iran with chiurgical economic and poltiical hits.
That's a hard thing, to made the mollah regime look even badder to the Iranian population.
The change can only come from inside.

Now it's kind of  on the limit! I'M too young to have live the cold war, but I guess it feeled like that!
Always on the edge, intimidating and going through underground,economic and political war.

#6: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: Pzt_KamiLocation: IRAN PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:57 pm
    —
pagskier wrote (View Post):

The change can only come from inside.

Now it's kind of  on the limit! I'M too young to have live the cold war, but I guess it feeled like that!
Always on the edge, intimidating and going through underground,economic and political war.
While generally this is true ,But it is very difficult thing to do in real life :p You should've been here to see and feel it yourself. When you come out even with your GF ,You should always watch your back to not being catched and arrested by police or even worse by Sepah's (IRGC) troops  Sad

I should admit that situation is terrible in Iran now , hopefully nothing bad would happen and this issue will be solved peacefully Sad

#7: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):
i mean Iranian subs...

The Iranians have subs but they spend most of their time tied up in port.

#8: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm
    —
Iran’s Asymmetric Naval Warfare:
http://www.metransparent.net/IMG/pdf/PolicyFocus87.pdf

#9: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:29 pm
    —
I'll call two carriers and raise you one.

3carrierstrikegroup.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.61 KB
 Viewed:  27703 Time(s)

3carrierstrikegroup.jpg

#10: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 am
    —
kawasaky wrote (View Post):
Iran’s Asymmetric Naval Warfare:
http://www.metransparent.net/IMG/pdf/PolicyFocus87.pdf  

Impressive!
Seems like Iran got a real plan to defend hormuz!

#11: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: dj PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:47 am
    —
We cut our teeth learning how to fight with aircraft carriers in WWII.  It is amazing how much power these carriers now project in just a single carrier group yet alone 2.  Obama is flexing his muscles.  Iran is not stupid but yeah unless Israel picks a fight with them.  Either way Iran is ripe for another uprising and revolution.

#12: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:08 am
    —
I have some Straits of Hormuz experience while in the USN.

December 9, 1989 New Jersey becomes the first battleship to transit the Straits of Hormuz and enter the Persian Gulf. The battleship anchored that mooring in Stirah Anchorage off the Island of Bahrain for a port visit.

CV-63_BB-63_1986.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.97 KB
 Viewed:  27684 Time(s)

CV-63_BB-63_1986.jpg

#13: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:38 am
    —
Sunburn anyone?

USS_Harry_S__Truman_(CVN_75)%20copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.95 KB
 Viewed:  27678 Time(s)

USS_Harry_S__Truman_(CVN_75)%20copy.jpg

#14: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:49 am
    —
CNN pushes the FEAR IRAN propaganda.

Link

Counter-Strike to Southerlands missiles!

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:55 am; edited 4 times in total

Irannavy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.42 KB
 Viewed:  27674 Time(s)

Irannavy.jpg

#15: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 am
    —
Iranian General Ready for Battle. He want to put American in "it's place"

Link

#16: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: BlackstumpLocation: Hunter Valley Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 am
    —
I googled secret subs this is what i got
Iranian secret sub

Gerry secret sub

Brit secret sub
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/pommysub.jpg/][/URL]

Gay pride secret sub
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/75247062.jpg/][/URL]

Aussie secret sub

#17: Re: Two Super carriers arrive at Straights of Hormez Author: kawasakyLocation: Zagreb, Hrvatska PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 pm
    —
closely connected to Iran is the "crisis" in Syria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbMbWp0BV7o&feature=related

the commentator:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_H%C3%B6rstel

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1