Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#41: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

#42: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

#43: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 am
    —
Quote:

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

good point, need to take a look.

#44: Re: GJS for LSA Author: MarkM PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 pm
    —
From memory,

The fatigue and cohesion gained by resting was a joke. You were supposed to gain more at night but that was just a little less of a joke.

The recovery rate needs to be increased dramatically IMHO both when actually resting and in the case when not resting but no battle occurred.

After two days of fighting, and not even fighting every opportunity the game allows, a unit became useless if it ran into a fresh wave of angry grandmothers wielding their 80cm umbrellas.

#45: Re: GJS for LSA Author: savage1987swb PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am
    —
Keep up the good work Carthartes, and I'm glad to hear that you're releasing GJS on LSA, much more fun to be had with that engine than tLD.

#46: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 am
    —
best to pair with a friendly infantry BG:

2cdn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.33 KB
 Viewed:  14639 Time(s)

2cdn.jpg

#47: Re: GJS for LSA Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am
    —
Looking forward to this one.  I like the LSA engine, but the GC in LSA is sadly out of balance.

I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

#48: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 am
    —
Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

#49: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 am
    —
Quote:
I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

Was doing ok a few days into the GC with the original battlegroup setup, but I've filled out the BGs extensively, and haven't tested that far out since.  If not stable, will light my hair on fire.

Quote:
Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

Me too, but somewhere there's some magic in those little numbers at the head of the forcepool file that will make it all work or fall on its face.

#50: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am
    —
All the power too you Cathartes! bring it on!

#51: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:22 pm
    —
another new Allied BG, not available until later in June:

31_tank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.44 KB
 Viewed:  14317 Time(s)

31_tank.jpg

#52: Re: GJS for LSA Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm
    —
Nice one Cathartes. This is looking like its going to be something special. I've lost my copy of CC5, so I can't play any of the classic mods. I'm really looking forward to this. Keep up the good work. Very Happy

#53: Re: GJS for LSA Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:58 pm
    —
I'm so looking forward to this... every update by Cathartes makes me want it even more... he's teasing us silly... Cool

#54: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:02 am
    —
another benefit of LSA: with the ability to designate entry VLs, no more random map deploy by parachute BGs.  Historical attack vectors can be predetermined.

deploy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.68 KB
 Viewed:  14285 Time(s)

deploy.jpg

#55: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 pm
    —
some new fire support, new graphic, new shadow, new way to blow stuff up:

grilleAusfM.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.98 KB
 Viewed:  14224 Time(s)

grilleAusfM.jpg

#56: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:16 pm
    —
Does the Grille give indirect fire? Thanks for your continious efforts!

#57: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:26 pm
    —
Looking great Cathartes!

#58: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm
    —
into the morning of June 7:

camp_7junam.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  125.82 KB
 Viewed:  14189 Time(s)

camp_7junam.jpg

#59: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:41 pm
    —
Can't wait to play it!

#60: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:03 pm
    —
Quote:
Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

will find that out soon I 'spose.  playing the AI right now just to air out kinks.  so far so good except the AI is predicatably un-smart when it comes to BG movement.  This one, as before, designed with H2H in mind.

camp2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.93 KB
 Viewed:  14150 Time(s)

camp2.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 11