GJS for LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:52 pm
    —
Still a lot of spit and polish ahead, but working nicely.

Link

#2: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm
    —
Hey Cathartes,

This is awesome! Looking pretty good. Are you planning to make extra maps for the new mod?

CHeers Buck

#3: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:13 pm
    —
Hey Buck-- just one brand new map: Lebisey Woods.  It's in there.  

A couple of old GJS maps replaced with TLD maps, but otherwise the same maps.  All maps are getting recoded (40% done) for consistency, to eliminate existing map LOS bugs, and match the new, modified GJS elements. Also, all new .btds.  Most VLs will now only be accessible to infantry.

#4: Re: GJS for LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:41 pm
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
 Most VLs will now only be accessible to infantry.

that's a nice idea, stop the armoured rushes

#5: Re: GJS for LSA Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:11 pm
    —
Great, looking forward to playing with the LSA BG options.

But, the main question: Will there be a blowable bridge? Wink

#6: Re: GJS for LSA Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 am
    —
Looking so cool.

Any more video on this?

#7: Re: GJS for LSA Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 am
    —
nice work Smile

#8: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:18 pm
    —
Quote:
But, the main question: Will there be a blowable bridge?

Three thoughts:

1. Given the uncertain status on a patch to fix the bridge problems, sadly no.  
2. Notas much incentive for Normandy area as other regions.
3. Workload is already exhaustive!

#9: Re: GJS for LSA Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:03 pm
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Quote:
But, the main question: Will there be a blowable bridge?

Three thoughts:

1. Given the uncertain status on a patch to fix the bridge problems, sadly no.  
2. Notas much incentive for Normandy area as other regions.
3. Workload is already exhaustive!

I understand you man, just kidding with that question. Keep it up, very nice work.
Looking forward to double clicking the LSA shortcut again (been a while!).

#10: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:35 pm
    —
at Juno Beach in GJS/LSA with the sound turned up:

Link

#11: Re: GJS for LSA Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:47 am
    —
Looking good!

Other question, will there be static battlegroups?

#12: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm
    —
Right now there are 9 static bgs (occupying every beach map and then some). There may be more.  The Allied challenge will be to punch through the static BGs as fast as possible and rush inland as fast as possible before the first potent German BGs arrive and counterattack/resist. It will now be just barely possible to reach Caen by the morning of June 7. (may be three turns per day).  A skilled German player will not be able to stop the Allies on the beaches as was possible in GJS 4.4.  Now it will be a matter of how far will the Allies get between June 6-7 before potent German BGs arrest progress?  

Lots of dynamic, strategic features possible with LSA engine that were not possible before.

#13: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:17 pm
    —
Sounds great Cathartes!!!

#14: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:50 pm
    —
Catahrtes, what is the ETA? Is it more 2 weeks, month or several months?

#15: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:51 am
    —
Quote:
Catahrtes, what is the ETA? Is it more 2 weeks, month or several months?

More than two weeks for certain.  Probably a couple months out.  Lots of data to to adjust to accommodate the new .exe in LSA as it's much different than CC5 and tLD.

Also the new campaign will take some finessing to get it to behave correctly--given the pace of the LSA .exe we might be looking at 3 turns per day vs. 2.

camp1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  147.26 KB
 Viewed:  26835 Time(s)

camp1.jpg

#16: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 am
    —
keep up the good work...

#17: Re: GJS for LSA Author: bexx76 PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:18 pm
    —
man im going to buy LSA only to play ur mod! thx for ur work.

#18: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:46 pm
    —
The 2 BG's per map will make a big difference in the game! Can't wait to be able to play the updated classic mod....

Any tips on converting old mods to LSA would be appreciated....

#19: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:41 pm
    —
Quote:
The 2 BG's per map will make a big difference in the game! Can't wait to be able to play the updated classic mod....

Any tips on converting old mods to LSA would be appreciated....

The inclusion of static BGs is one of my favorites and it translates well to GJS.  Many of the changes from the GJS tLD thread still apply.  Still making minor tweaks to stratlayer, fixing some glaring geographical errors in map arrangement, and adding a couple new battlegroups.  Nearly done with all the interface graphics that had to change when ported into LSA.

No interesting tips off the top of my head, the big challenges to converting a mod to LSA boil down to forcepool data, screengadg and CCPix rearrangements, and a different approach to data with regards to large-caliber gun performance.

#20: Re: GJS for LSA Author: papa_hausser PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:51 pm
    —
I remember from more than one years ago , TLD GJS mod was announced . I think that mod is more than be real is look like dream or making busy the close combat fans for never end waiting.

I did not understand why the TLD project did not finished and every things changed to making LSA mod !!! I am certain that another year shall be waiting for this one and then changing to another story.

I understand the challenges of mod making for this game , but suddenly change from TLD to LSA is not clear ! I think it shall be decided long times ago.

I hope to see this mod sometimes published and can be played !!

Thanks for your hard effort Cathartes .

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 11