GJS for LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#141: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:27 am
    —
He is on beer and Wiskey now NO chance for months!

This is the sort of work commitment we need here!

thai floods.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  27.86 KB
 Viewed:  357 Time(s)

thai floods.jpg

#142: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:23 pm
    —
Looks like Tigercub posted a picture of me (above) when I first started working on GJS.  Ah, youth.  Of course spending so much time indoors lightens your skin, and things have changes since that image was taken.

I'm very close, the new forcepool system is a bear to sort out and is key to the GC success, or at least a reasonable beta. A straight forcepool portage over to LSA is meaningless.  This is the final hurdle and I'm over 70% finished.  More previews and detailed info coming very soon.

#143: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm
    —
Another GJS video preview:
A Stug III is threatening a narrow lane.  A CO commander unit is engaged in an overrun attack and is repeatedly directed to disengage (before they commit suicide). Meanwhile a PIAT unit attempts to get a shot. Before the command unit pulls completely away, one of the CO unit soldiers successfully hucks a gammon bomb. Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

Link

#144: Re: GJS for LSA Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:39 am
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

What the issue exactly?

#145: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Note that the infantry overrun/assault is an issue with LSA, and is something that we have to live with unless a future final patch fixes.

What the issue exactly?

infantry teams will almost always attempt to assault a close-topped tank by crawling around, trying to place grenades (with internal morale check), yet somehow avoid using relevant AT weapons like HHL or Gammon (whether available or not). End result: infantry crawl around, breaking, rallying, detonating occasional grenade, and generally running around in circles, sometimes in range of AFV MG or main gun, eventually committing suicide or getting hopelessly caught up in ridiculous behavior. This was noted and changed in betatesting for PitF.

#146: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Wittmann81 PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:39 am
    —

infantry teams will almost always attempt to assault a close-topped tank by crawling around, trying to place grenades (with internal morale check), yet somehow avoid using relevant AT weapons like HHL or Gammon (whether available or not). End result: infantry crawl around, breaking, rallying, detonating occasional grenade, and generally running around in circles, sometimes in range of AFV MG or main gun, eventually committing suicide or getting hopelessly caught up in ridiculous behavior. This was noted and changed in betatesting for PitF.

That is bad. Really bad. Heavy infantry assaults on tanks is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable parts of the game.

I haven´t bought LSA yet, since I am waiting for your mod. But this sounds like a major bug to me. So I really, really, really hope this will be fixed in a patch.

#147: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 pm
    —
Quote:
That is bad. Really bad. Heavy infantry assaults on tanks is one of the most thrilling and enjoyable parts of the game.

I haven´t bought LSA yet, since I am waiting for your mod. But this sounds like a major bug to me. So I really, really, really hope this will be fixed in a patch.

In my experience it's annoying, but not a show-stopper.  Troops will still fire panzerfausts, piats, AT grenades, etc. before assaulting if in ambush or directed to attack.  Also, it's only large infantry and command teams that initiate this behavior--and only against tanks.  Halftracks and open-topped AFVs don't provoke the behavior.

#148: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 am
    —
Quote:

In my experience it's annoying, but not a show-stopper.  Troops will still fire panzerfausts, piats, AT grenades, etc. before assaulting if in ambush or directed to attack.  Also, it's only large infantry and command teams that initiate this behavior--and only against tanks.  Halftracks and open-topped AFVs don't provoke the behavior.

Cathartes

i would open just one of the amor slots on the top of all AFV just to byepass this happering! there is 6 anyway?...

Tigercub

#149: Re: GJS for LSA Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:04 pm
    —
that is an interesting idea...

#150: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:23 pm
    —
thoughtful and interesting idea, but unfortunately doesn't work.  You have to turn all the armor top values in the turret to "0" to change the infantry team's behavior.  This then turns the tank into an open-topped AFV.  Not what the crew signed up for.

#151: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 am
    —
i am just talking just one slot on top set to "0" but if you have tryed it and failed was just an idea!

a few weeks now?

#152: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:09 am
    —
You have to release the mod and get the Matrix/Slitherine developer playing and when he gets frustrated that he can not do a close assault of a tank it will get fixed  Razz

#153: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 pm
    —
tigercub wrote (View Post):
i am just talking just one slot on top set to "0" but if you have tryed it and failed was just an idea!

a few weeks now?

Yes, tried and no go.  Just final testing & clean up.  Few weeks might be realistic.

#154: Re: GJS for LSA Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 am
    —
Hi Cathartes. Any closer to a release??

#155: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm
    —
always closer, but right now trying to resolve a CTD  that came from h2h.  Waiting for some feedback whether it was mod-related or LSA engine related.  First CTD in test campaign, thus far.

#156: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:32 pm
    —
is matrix helping?

#157: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm
    —
tigercub wrote (View Post):
is matrix helping?

I wouldn't say it's Matrix, but I'm guessing any help I get will be from Steve out of his own time.

#158: Re: GJS for LSA Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm
    —
Hi Cathartes.

Any progress with your CTD?

#159: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm
    —
never received and answer, but it didn't stop the game.  more to come soon.

#160: Re: GJS for LSA Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:20 pm
    —
cool

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Page 8 of 11