GJS for LSA
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#31: Re: GJS for LSA Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 am
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Hey, gotta keep it clean, good fun for the whole family.

Bren Gun fun:

Link

Good point. sometimes I forget about the young grogs myself.

#32: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:42 pm
    —
minor map additions to strat map for those that know GJS (WIP):

leHamel.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  114.21 KB
 Viewed:  13178 Time(s)

leHamel.jpg

#33: Re: GJS for LSA Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 pm
    —
Is it the depot in Bayeux or Tilly that's the addition?

Or is the distance between Port En Bessin and Bayeux, having been stretched?

New maps?

I give up :-)

Btw: looks awesome if you can actually determine the amount of rounds per day you want.

#34: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:11 pm
    —
added le Hamel/Arromanches and Magny.  Now two brigades from 50th Div. can land at the same time.  Also, there's now ample room for 352 Inf/KG Meyer to show up.

#35: Re: GJS for LSA Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 pm
    —
These additions sounds awesome.

If possible, it would be interesting to see the map borders.

#36: Re: GJS for LSA Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm
    —
So is the Le Hamel/Arromanches then located between Port En Bessin and bayeux?

Thanks for the work you make here.

#37: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:30 pm
    —
Quote:
So is the Le Hamel/Arromanches then located between Port En Bessin and bayeux?

it's between Gold Beach and Port.

Magny links to Port, Gold, le Hamel, Bayeux, Creully.

Last edited by Cathartes on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

magny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  101.83 KB
 Viewed:  12782 Time(s)

magny.jpg

#38: Re: GJS for LSA Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 pm
    —
Thats really cool. I always thought that more maps were needed on the western part of the map, perhaps also, come to think of it, more maps north of Caen it self.

This looks so cool.

Thanks for sharing. Looking so much forward to try out the new GJS!

#39: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:37 pm
    —
Awesome Cathartes!!!

#40: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:32 pm
    —
Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

#41: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:53 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Cathartes, are you going to edit the cohesion and fatigue attributes for the campaign (how much is lost/gained when fighting and moving)?

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

#42: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):

Do they need editing?  Had not considered it.

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

#43: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:20 am
    —
Quote:

I thought the number of turns per day and how much time they represent were different between stock LSA and GJS mod.

good point, need to take a look.

#44: Re: GJS for LSA Author: MarkM PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:55 pm
    —
From memory,

The fatigue and cohesion gained by resting was a joke. You were supposed to gain more at night but that was just a little less of a joke.

The recovery rate needs to be increased dramatically IMHO both when actually resting and in the case when not resting but no battle occurred.

After two days of fighting, and not even fighting every opportunity the game allows, a unit became useless if it ran into a fresh wave of angry grandmothers wielding their 80cm umbrellas.

#45: Re: GJS for LSA Author: savage1987swb PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:58 am
    —
Keep up the good work Carthartes, and I'm glad to hear that you're releasing GJS on LSA, much more fun to be had with that engine than tLD.

#46: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:56 am
    —
best to pair with a friendly infantry BG:

2cdn.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  138.33 KB
 Viewed:  14698 Time(s)

2cdn.jpg

#47: Re: GJS for LSA Author: WillKnott PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am
    —
Looking forward to this one.  I like the LSA engine, but the GC in LSA is sadly out of balance.

I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

#48: Re: GJS for LSA Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:06 am
    —
Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

#49: Re: GJS for LSA Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:52 am
    —
Quote:
I have a question, I have been trying to make a large campaign with the latest patches, and I get campaign file crashes constantly.  Does GJS4LSA able to stay fairly stable after a few days of play?

Was doing ok a few days into the GC with the original battlegroup setup, but I've filled out the BGs extensively, and haven't tested that far out since.  If not stable, will light my hair on fire.

Quote:
Like the idea Cathartes of having AT, tanks or other special weapons in their own BG that must be paired with another BG to form a balanced force....

Me too, but somewhere there's some magic in those little numbers at the head of the forcepool file that will make it all work or fall on its face.

#50: Re: GJS for LSA Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:07 am
    —
All the power too you Cathartes! bring it on!

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 11