the lazy mapper experiment FAIL!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:26 pm
    —
Because I suck at photoshop and want a method to create a lot quality looking maps I created a program that will [try to] generate them automatically.
The method is simple, hence the 'lazy' part of the name.

find a good looking map.

create a mask image in paint or photoshop.

create a new mask of whatever you like.

after running the program, it spits out a new map image.

Bigger image here

I consider the experiment a failure because once you consider map-items, debris, terrain shading ect, the quality will not be up to par of a painted map.  
Back to the drawing board.

I'll put up a download link later for anyone who wants to experiment with the program.

Update: Here Is the link to the test program.  There is an INI file that can be used to change the settings. remember that this is just a proof of concept program, not a feature rich application.

Last edited by Spinlock on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:56 pm
    —
hey nice idea, if nothing else it's a way to lay out your map fast, then add detail later

#3: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 pm
    —
Looks interesting, especially for all of those without photoshop.

#4: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:24 am
    —
It is a good start.

I used Photoshops Classroom in a book to learn my way around,If that helps any?

#5: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:25 am
    —
perfect! Wink  Wink

#6: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: Spinlock PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:41 pm
    —
Bumping. I added a download link to the program in original post

#7: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:37 pm
    —
Feel Free to whip up some CCIII maps while you testing... Cool

#8: Re: the lazy mapper experiment FAIL! Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:44 pm
    —
Nice try

Has anyone tried using Google SketchUp?

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1