CC phone home
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: CC phone home Author: thumb PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:10 am
    —
My Android phone emulating Windows 95, using the Bochs 2.5.1.apk, and running CC1...

The cursor is touch-controlled, the volume buttons are the left/right mouse buttons, the Menu button is the 'Enter' key, and tapping the lower left corner of the screen launches the soft keyboard.
It may only be VGA (600x480), and the frame rate is slooow, but its fun to fiddle with in spare moments. And the battle sounds inevitably attract the curious.  Surprised

#2: Re: CC phone home Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:21 am
    —
Searching now... oh please have CoI/CC3 work.

#3: Re: CC phone home Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:27 pm
    —
Will it run WAR too?

#4: Re: CC phone home Author: thumb PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
Ive only got an 800x480 display. CC2+ need a minimum of 800x600. But other than using higher-end Android hardware there's no obvious reason which precludes a Bochs (or Qemu) setup from running XP & COI/WAR. SVGA resolution aside, it would take much more horsepower than possessed by my Motorola Triumph to go from  CC1's 8 bit, tiled map graphics to processing even CC2's relatively small 16 bit, single image maps. As it is, my poor little 1ghz Snapdragon cpu can barely power the 2 operating systems, an emulation app, and a data-intensive, multimedia game simultaneously ... even overclocked by 50%.

Here's turnkey .zip (75mb) that includes everything needed to have CC1 running on an Android device in <5min.

#5: Re: CC phone home Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm
    —
Cool. This could be the next 'angry birds'.  Razz

#6: Re: CC phone home Author: thumb PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:29 pm
    —
ya never know....   Shocked

#7: Re: CC phone home Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:17 pm
    —
Hahaha.

hope other CC's will be portable to Android tablets

#8: Re: CC phone home Author: thumb PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:06 pm
    —
Its only a question of sufficient hardware specs. I'd imagine the next generation of big screen super phones should be capable of emulating XP and running CC.

LG Optimus Vu - 5", 4:3, 1024 x 768

#9: Re: CC phone home Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 pm
    —
If I owned Atomic I would be all over that market.  Cool

#10: Re: CC phone home Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm
    —
It's already been put to matrixgames... no response.... but it was before the megapatches.

#11: Re: CC phone home Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:27 pm
    —
can i play cc on a android tablet? if so what flavor of android would i need to purchase.

#12: Re: CC phone home Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:51 am
    —
I did some research and there are a few good windows based tablets that can run all cc games.. I hate my Ipad because you cant download anything to it. there is a terminal services feature you can use as app but its not the same as having the game on your tablet. you guys might want to look at new asus ep121 or slate 500 or better.

#13: Re: CC phone home Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 am
    —
I will be purchasing the galaxy note phone / tablet just for this game. the note has 5 inch screen and should be able to run xp which means i can download and play both cc 1 and 2 and maybe even 3.

#14: Re: CC phone home Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:10 pm
    —
I'm gonna get me one of those Windows 8 tablets, when they arrive.

#15: Re: CC phone home Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm
    —
kweniston wrote (View Post):
I'm gonna get me one of those Windows 8 tablets, when they arrive.

yep, thats what i am holding out for. I am going to try cc on the samsung note. I will report back.

#16: Re: CC phone home Author: pagskier PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 am
    —
Just bought a androind phone need to try that out!

Thanks for the link!
Damn CC1!

#17: Re: CC phone home Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:03 am
    —
thumb wrote (View Post):
Ive only got an 800x480 display. CC2+ need a minimum of 800x600. But other than using higher-end Android hardware there's no obvious reason which precludes a Bochs (or Qemu) setup from running XP & COI/WAR. SVGA resolution aside, it would take much more horsepower than possessed by my Motorola Triumph to go from  CC1's 8 bit, tiled map graphics to processing even CC2's relatively small 16 bit, single image maps. As it is, my poor little 1ghz Snapdragon cpu can barely power the 2 operating systems, an emulation app, and a data-intensive, multimedia game simultaneously ... even overclocked by 50%.

Here's turnkey .zip (75mb) that includes everything needed to have CC1 running on an Android device in <5min.

The link with instructions is not valid any way you can reup.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1