This Game Does Not Get Old
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: Sgt_Monk PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 pm
    —
I have been bored this week not knowing what to play, messing with Hearts of Iron 3, Medieval 2, Empire Total war nothing seemed to interest me so I was looking through a few game reviews saw a review for Combat Mission googled it ended up on this site which I havent been on in years tried the demo for CM turned it off about 10 minutes later and went in search of my CC5 disc after about 45 minutes I was up and running playing a SAS campaign, I forgot how much this game rocks.. I played Men at War and thought I wish they could make CC like this but it doesnt need it the graphics to me are so much better than the CM demo I played, Just looked at this account and its from 2005 must be the last time I played!!!!! I think it may be time to try a bit of H2H after all these years.....

#2: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm
    —
This is the best time ever to play CC games. You have more games and mods than ever to choose from. We have modern computers (let's hope) better connections and a growing group of active players at gameranger.

#3: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: Hostilian PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 am
    —
Combat Mission is excellent though.. Playing against a person (rather than the AI) is a must!
Tank combat in Combat Mission is a WW2 nut's wet dream!  ;-)

Any chance we can get a forum section for CM or is it strictly CC here?  Smile

#4: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: Whistler PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 pm
    —
Sgt_Monk wrote (View Post):
I have been bored this week not knowing what to play, messing with Hearts of Iron 3, Medieval 2, Empire Total war nothing seemed to interest me so I was looking through a few game reviews saw a review for Combat Mission googled it ended up on this site which I havent been on in years tried the demo for CM turned it off about 10 minutes later and went in search of my CC5 disc after about 45 minutes I was up and running playing a SAS campaign, I forgot how much this game rocks.. I played Men at War and thought I wish they could make CC like this but it doesnt need it the graphics to me are so much better than the CM demo I played, Just looked at this account and its from 2005 must be the last time I played!!!!! I think it may be time to try a bit of H2H after all these years.....

Haha, dito Confused Combat Mission, Theatre of War... the lot. Total Wars.. then I installed CC5 again. Fighting Op. Circle and the Scheldt now. So that makes over 15 years of CC then, I seem to remember CC1 being from 1997? Cool

#5: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:49 pm
    —
IIRC CC1 was from 1995 Wink

#6: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:51 pm
    —
Welcome back.... CC is like an addiction that you can't shake, at most you just take a break....

#7: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: LoneRebel PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm
    —
Still, don't knock Hearts of Iron.  Razz Of course, it's not tactics, it's strategy.

#8: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: carl_render PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:56 pm
    —
Heh, I bought cc5 in 2000, but never played it. Picked up CMBO the same year and been playing various CM games ever since. Have just gone back to cc5 and it really is a blast! Loving it and playing it in preference to CMBN now. There are some great mods out there too - looking forward to those when I finish the Normandy campaign.

#9: Re: This Game Does Not Get Old Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:47 pm
    —
carl_render wrote (View Post):
Heh, I bought cc5 in 2000, but never played it. Picked up CMBO the same year and been playing various CM games ever since. Have just gone back to cc5 and it really is a blast! Loving it and playing it in preference to CMBN now. There are some great mods out there too - looking forward to those when I finish the Normandy campaign.

I also purchased CC4 and 5 when 1st released, but they were never popular on the old MS multiplayer site.. Everyone wanted to play CC3 still and don't even recall any mods or anything back then for either CC4, or 5.

CM was a blast, played both the 1st 2 releases and bought those, but lets not forget pretty much the 1st actual PC wargame that got people going online.. The Panzer General series, mainly 1 and 2.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1