Better Start Young… A new player.
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:45 pm
    —
Better Start Young… A new player.

Today I had my first CC game with my son.
He’s 9 Years old, name David.

Most promising first 4 games today singe games, (CC5 - TRSM).

Previous experience of games:
Star wars Empire at War
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars JK II Jedi
Star Wars Lego
Call Of Duty
Anno 1404
Anno 2070
Civ IV
Civ V
Total War - Napoleon
Railroad Tycoon - 3
(hes a Star Wars Nut.. )

Welcome to the CC world son!

#2: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:36 am
    —
woohoo!

i've got a 10yr old who plays... just a little.

We play World of Tanks together regularly though.

I have to harden him up before releasing himon the CC world.

#3: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:29 am
    —
Yeh this is the ”CC-next generation”!

#4: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:08 pm
    —
Welcome Junior_Stalky! Wink

This year 2012 you can play Okinawa and Tarawa for TLD;)

#5: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:15 pm
    —
the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

Last edited by US_Brake on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

The-Apple-Doesnt-Fall-Far-From-The-Tree.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.5 KB
 Viewed:  7480 Time(s)

The-Apple-Doesnt-Fall-Far-From-The-Tree.jpg

#6: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:14 am
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):

Hope it falls pretty far from that tree in DAK_Legion's avatar.  Shocked  Wink

#7: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:59 pm
    —
Hehe, i translate for him.
He say Thanks.

#8: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm
    —
Whats his name on Game Ranger?

I'm still looking for my first online victory. Laughing

Congrats,
I've tried to get my son into CC and it just didn't work.
Best I ever got out of him was watching/teaching him how to play 2 Battles in the Star Wars Mod by Firefox.

Then he was done,
I got the "That's Lame Dad" response and he's never touched it since.  Crying or Very sad

#9: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:02 pm
    —
Apple Fall Brake;)

#10: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: CSO_SbufkleLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:14 pm
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):

Not too sure about that.. despite the hours each week I put into Halo.. I suck but my 9 year old has won 2 tournaments and last fall when he was 8, scored a 'Prefection' in MLG room. God if I record a single positive K/D in an entire noght of gameplay.. Im happy!!

Connor played some CC in Dec, he was okay with it.. but as alot of kids are these days, the Multiplayer online wasnt dynamic enough.. remember these kids are used to XBL parties with a ton of bells & whistles. I still recall modems dialing into each othere PCs to play CC3!

#11: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:07 pm
    —
Haha, yeh, the appeal is not there for everyone.

He’s used to the star wars “version” of Comand&Conc.., though he soon realized that soldiers rarely stand up and move in a parade manner like they do in star wars..

Though the basic idea of using support vehicles and combined infantry dint have to be explained.

He’s never played H2H in any game so maybe that was a big contributor to the "WOW" for him to..

Hmm, "bells & whistles", whats that, for a CC person that must mean CC5, right??  Laughing

I have played CC for to long.

#12: Re: Better Start Young… A new player. Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:20 pm
    —
Quote:
Hope it falls pretty far from that tree in DAK_Legion's avatar.  Shocked  Wink

LMAO   Laughing

No Apples fall from that Afrika tree. Just coconuts.   Very Happy

nazicoconuts.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  14.93 KB
 Viewed:  7482 Time(s)

nazicoconuts.jpg

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT