Map Guide for Dummies
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#1: Map Guide for Dummies Author: terciooriamendi PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:23 am
    —
Hi to all CC fans.

I would like to make pocket mods and submods for CC% and TLD. Now, I have only made graphics and data changes.

I have tryed to change the existing maps with another mod maps but I don´t Know how to made it.

So I ask for  if anyone could make a "guide for dummies"

Have you to make changes in maps? What are the programs to use? Have to convert maps for TLD? How I change Index. mpi?

Thanks  a  lot.

#2: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:09 pm
    —
Hi, use Photoshop or Gimp or other image program to make the graphics changes, then 5CC to make the coding alterations

there are a couple of map making guides in the downloads section

#3: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:40 am
    —
Hey,

I use photo shop for the actual map painting and Modo for the 3d terrain effects.

Editing maps isn't something you will learn in 1 hour. It took me, and probably most of us, a lot of trial and error to make decent maps. And techniques will keep on changing in time.

5cc is generally the only program to use for coding the maps as older programs start to fail on windows 7.

CHeers Buck

#4: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: terciooriamendi PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:35 pm
    —
Thanks a lot Buck and Southern Land.

I will look for that guides.

Regards

#5: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Cheomesh PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:49 pm
    —
Goodness; is there any other way to paint maps other than PS/GIMP?  No pre-done things to assemble?

M.

#6: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:45 pm
    —
Hey Cheomesh,

I don't know if there are any links to it. Dodam made a very large amount of texture's I'm currently using them to make my Rhineland maps. They work pretty fine but you do need to find you own way on how to draw maps. I guess most of the map makers use Adobe Photoshop.

CHeers

#7: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Cheomesh PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:38 pm
    —
I was tempted to use screenshots from Google Earth, but thought maybe that might not work.  Not sure how building tops and whatnot are done - two seperate map sections, one with and one without?

M.

#8: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm
    —
I was able to use a bunch of buildings for tLD Meuse that I pulled from Google Earth

Nouzonville copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.51 MB
 Viewed:  12602 Time(s)

Nouzonville copy.jpg

Hirson demo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  938.26 KB
 Viewed:  12602 Time(s)

Hirson demo.jpg

#9: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:54 am
    —
those maps are purdy.

#10: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: airborneinf82 PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 pm
    —
Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Hey Cheomesh,

I don't know if there are any links to it. Dodam made a very large amount of texture's I'm currently using them to make my Rhineland maps. They work pretty fine but you do need to find you own way on how to draw maps. I guess most of the map makers use Adobe Photoshop.

CHeers

Do you have the full set of his textures?  I found a small subset here and there, but cannot find nearly all of them.

#11: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:46 pm
    —
You could try L3TD standard Freeware and you can turn this , into this .

exterior.png
 Description:
Repainted using you favorite paint program
 Filesize:  935.88 KB
 Viewed:  12534 Time(s)

exterior.png

MAP 7.png
 Description:
Raw map made using L3DT
 Filesize:  137.77 KB
 Viewed:  12534 Time(s)

MAP 7.png

#12: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm
    —
Your raw map would be useful for situations beyond civilisation. Is it straight out of L3DT?

#13: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: Privateryan1 PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:11 pm
    —
Dont quite know what ya mean about beyond civilization  Confused but yes the original can be made using L3DT . Just adds a bit of height to my maps and I make some of the ( hills ) unpassable to vehicles as such .

#14: Re: Map Guide for Dummies Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:53 pm
    —
Privateryan1 wrote (View Post):
beyond civilization

No roads or buildings

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1