Great Victory
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:34 pm
    —
I just finished the german grand campaign on hero difficulty level, without reloading. It wasn’t much of a threat, AI is easily beaten.
Except for the commander, Neumann survived all battles, and Hauk died at the last. Tough guys.
Below, you can see my active roster at “The Battle for Berlin” operation. A lot of them died because of the heavy artillery (Hauk included) but finally russinas fled after all tanks were destroyed.

01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  221.83 KB
 Viewed:  9519 Time(s)

01.jpg

02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  172.64 KB

02.jpg

03.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.11 KB

03.jpg

#2: Re: Great Victory Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:11 am
    —
You should try the Inf Mod by Comrade Blabsky it is excellent.

Also, check out the AAR section of this forum under Multiplayer. We have a few posted in there. Everyone likes AARs, and youtubes of games.

#3: Re: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:57 pm
    —
US_Brake wrote (View Post):
You should try the Inf Mod by Comrade Blabsky it is excellent.

Thanks for the tip US Brake, nice mod, I enjoyed the campaign a lot. But I found it easier than the original game, since there aren't all those T-34s and KVs.

01_2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  204.1 KB
 Viewed:  9460 Time(s)

01_2.jpg

#4: Re: Great Victory Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 pm
    —
Should have made the russian commander a Major since the start, the AI can only select like 10 units at master sargeant.

#5: Re: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Should have made the russian commander a Major since the start, the AI can only select like 10 units at master sargeant.

Is there a way to make the AI a Major without losing battles on purpose?
It will be a little more of a challenge, on Inf Mod, to command the russians and make the german AI a major from the beginning.

#6: Re: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:44 pm
    —
I managed to finish the Der Ost Front 2.0 grand campaign on hero difficulty. Nevertheless, I found the difficulty curve in a nice balanced positive slope until "Stalingrad Final", being the most challenging operation. Passed that point the game becomes easier, getting points in excess even in hero difficulty...  It's like the balance in forces are upside down in relation to the history events, or something... Despite this fact, I enjoined a lot the mod, specially the ten first operations.
The AI is still easy to beat, that is why 1 of my soldiers equals 5,5 enemy's, and 1 panzer equals 14 russian tanks. In that last ratio, I have to point that I always used 2 anti tank guns, which made a lot of kills. Two of it's soldiers even got promoted to major!, but unfortunately no one survived the whole campaign, except for the commander who never was incapacitated, and accumulated a total of 12 knight's cross and 30 kills.
I hope that the game after "Panthers in the fog" will got a much more improved AI

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.72 KB
 Viewed:  470 Time(s)

1.jpg

#7: Re: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 pm
    —
Well, I will go for grossdeutschland 2 mod now, and even if the author, on its notes, says that it has not been tested in hero difficulty, I will give it a try.

#8: Re: Great Victory Author: iawraLocation: Barcelona PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 am
    —
At last, and as promised, here is the GrossDeutchland2 campaign stats. Hero difficulty, 18 minutes, no victory locations, always obey orders for the Russians, and of course no reloading allowed.
Very very nice and balanced mod, best close combat 3 experience I ever had against the AI; highly recommended.

#9: Re: Great Victory Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:19 am
    —
try the Fin of Romainian mods... they might test you

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1