Wyler and Kranenburg
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

#1: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:29 am
    —
Hey Guys,

Here are 2 entire new maps. Both on the startline of OP Veritable. I have made some changes to the way I'm using textures. Which mainly consists out of a new basis texture which is rougher and has better mix of green and yellow. Also I have been playing with some techniques in how to paint trenches, Instead of hand drawing the shadow giving it an inside shadow.

Also I've added a nice detail at the Kranenburg map. Being 2 SBG's which would enable tanks to cross the AT ditch after having taken the first 2 defence lines.

Cheers Buck

Wyler:

Kranenburg:

#2: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:53 pm
    —
Nice!

A question about Kranenburg, was it common to dig a trench trough a road and/or railroad track? (I now see a mortar hole close by, on the tracks, that may be helpful for digging)

#3: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:33 pm
    —
Hey Kweniston,

I'm not fully familiar with the use of AT trenches. But the maps I have for painting maps like this one suggested the trench crossed all and everything. I believe that would be the general idea of an AT trench to disable every possible crossing opportunity especially roads and railroad tracks.

Cheers Buck

#4: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:13 pm
    —
Hi Buck,

I believe that kweniston meant the "personnel trench" that first crosses a paved road, then the RR tracks, then another paved road.  The AT trench seems correct.

Fantastic maps you're creating for this mod!  Thank you for all your efforts and artistry.  I look forward to this and the Ortona mod!!

#5: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:21 am
    —
Hey Tripwire,

I Understood him correct but my answer might have been incorrect. The map show that they dug those trenches across the road and railroad. Not sure if I'm going to do the same or correct details like that..

Thanks I've got the hang of it again just like the final maps for the Scheldt and Ortona maps. I guess it won't be much longer for the Ortona mod Pete is busy with the Force Pools and the GC's then we need to test if it works just fine so we could release it.

Cheers

#6: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: MafiLocation: Germany PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:05 pm
    —
Hello Buck,

first of all congrats for the efforts on painting the maps! Looking great!

Just a suggestion: concerning "Kranenburg": plz reconsider the position of railway and street in the upper right corner: should it be railroad-street-crossing there? Then you must do some additional "crossing" painting there.

The multiple railroad / street-crossing in the upper left section of the map: it makes no sense to have two streets crossing the rails side by side. If this is not historically proven, then I suggest that you repaint it to make ONE railroad/street-crossing out of it.

Cheers

Mafi

#7: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 pm
    —
Hey Mafi, actually when I first saw Buck's map I was thinking the same. However, if you have seen the road map in this thread: map previews you will see 2 crossing not far from each other. So they were there. I don't think that it would affect gameplay leaving it as it is. Plus, it adds a little variety to all the standard railway crossings  Wink
Buck is on a roll. He has already drawn 11 maps in less than 2 months. Let's not distract him too much  Very Happy

#8: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:59 pm
    —
Hey Mafi,

Thank you, I'm quite pleased with the results up to now. The texture's and tutorials from Dodam and my own experience are working out just fine. I also coudn't have reached these results without the help of Jimrm2.

Concerning Kranenburg. The map as you are seeing it in here isn't the final product. I know i still have to fix that crossing in the upper right corner Wink About that multiple crossing. It is a choice ;)

Regarding Pete's word most of the maps are about 90%-95% done. It's 13 actually:

Wyler, Kranenburg, Reichswald Nort and South, Moyland East and West, Hochwald East and West, Uedemerbruch, Baldbergerwald (tuschenwald), Goch, Goch approach and last but not least Materborn.

Cheers Buck

#9: Re: Wyler and Kranenburg Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:46 pm
    —
Hey Mafi,

Just to confirm the fact that Germans did dig trenches across railroads. Check out the low right corner of the picture next to the factory.

CHeers Remi

gennep spoorstraat-vogelbuurt op 31 dec 1944.jpg
 Description:
Gennep
 Filesize:  541.16 KB
 Viewed:  7389 Time(s)

gennep spoorstraat-vogelbuurt op 31 dec 1944.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1