Kleve Map
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

#1: Kleve Map Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:38 pm
    —
Hey Guys,

I've steadly picked up speed with the maps. I've started working on the Kleve map. I've chosen to pick out the region between the Stiftkirche and the Schwanenburg. If I had to go for a 1:1 map I would have to make a map which was fully destroyed. I don't really liked that idea so I've chosen to bring in parts of the town in to 1 single map. The area in between the castle and chiurch is the 1:1 area the parts alongside the roads leading out are fictive. The more open residential area in the West and Southern part of the map should enable the player to make some use of his armor before leaving his own deploy zone.

CHeers Buck

Kleve.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  4735 Time(s)

Kleve.jpg

#2: Re: Kleve Map Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:41 pm
    —
How are you coding the walls in those destroyed buildings? In Stalingrad some of the walls of destroyed buildings are coded like being level 2,3,4 etc and when a soldier sprite gets on it he gets LOS advantage like being on a higher floor. I think this is wrong.

Nasty map, looks like there will be lots of ambushes on those long buildings.

#3: Re: Kleve Map Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:48 pm
    —
Hey Kanov,

I havn't had a look at the elements file in LSA. But it would be obvious to have them on level 1.

Cheers

Buck

#4: Re: Kleve Map Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:29 pm
    —
Hi Buck, Nice map.  Only criticism is you have a roof shadow out

roof.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.07 KB
 Viewed:  4717 Time(s)

roof.jpg

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT