Newbie - Which game to buy?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: Heimdude PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm
    —
Hello,

I'm new to this site and i'm pretty excited about joining. I've never played multiplayer and have grown tired of the not too good AI.

I have played the following CC2, CC4 and CC5. I see now that there are many other versions available. Which version is most popular and/or best to play with other players on this site?

Is there a FAQ for green cherries like me on this site. Do players typically do single battles or are campaigns more common?

I'm going through the forum right now looking at how other players battles eveolve. Good reads.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield.

Thanks,

Heimdude

#2: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: general_solomon PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:22 pm
    —
Welcome, I don't play much multi p but hope someone from that group replies.  This is the best place for close combat anywhere.

#3: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:30 pm
    —
Hi there

We play multi at Game Ranger, simple to install and operate.

I guess most games there are GC.

Most played game, COI, CC5 but also CC2 and others have a look at GR and see what ppl play at the time your can play.

For help look at the link “help” in upper left corner.  
Also use the search forum for Q, and don’t hesitate to ask Q here.

#4: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: Heimdude PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 pm
    —
Thanks!

Judging from the number of forum posts, it would seem that CC5 is by far the most popular. I will get GR and all the patches/mods that i will need.

#5: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:53 am
    —
LSA with the GJS mod will be the best hands down...but the mod is not finnished yet but close to it!

to get the idea play cc5 with GJS mod and you will have the Heads up!
I only play campains myself find a good friend and let happen..

Tigercub

#6: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm
    —
ccONE demo!!!!!! whew!  Right from the Get GO! (start*)  :D

Nice !

Did you Ever? go Online to MicroSoft THE ZONE website for all things CLOSE COMBAT?

tks Tigercub!  (:

#7: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 pm
    —
Heimdude wrote (View Post):
Thanks!

Judging from the number of forum posts, it would seem that CC5 is by far the most popular. I will get GR and all the patches/mods that i will need.

Good Choice  Exclamation

I am playing a CC5 GC against the AI, right now.  Very Happy

Also, don't forget CC4 (even for Single Player), there are 2 outstanding mods for this game ... Kreta and Winter War.

My games are CC4, CC5, and CCMT. I don't really consider CCMT to be a re-release, and I am going to hold the line here, until something is produced that is head and shoulders above these games. It may be a long wait.  Laughing

#8: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:15 pm
    —
CC2 and CC5. Both with great on-line groups willing to play Cool .

#9: Re: Newbie - Which game to buy? Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 am
    —
If you like a strategic layer nothing beats CC5 because of all the mods for it. Then Re-release TLD and or LSA.

For no strat map COI has tons of mods.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1