Couple of questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: Couple of questions Author: Cheomesh PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:32 pm
    —
Just coming back to CCMT, hoping to make this one my go-to multiplayer Modern RTT game.  I have a few questions:

Do units with M4's / M16's ever use more than single shot?  Only played Army so far.

What is "Neutral Deployment" in the editor referencing?  Is it possible to place Civilians?

For units with underslung grenade launchers, is there an option / patch to not have them expend every single grenade on the first fire order beyond 10'?

I've noticed my M2A3's launch ATM's at infantry - is there a fix?

Is there a bone-fide reason we're given the option to take individual soldiers over whole sections?  I thought about building a scenario based around that, but wasn't sure if that was a working option.

Is there a strat guide that would give me better insights to how many units fit in X vehicle and how each one performs on the battlefield?

Thanks!

M.

#2: Re: Couple of questions Author: JFFulcrum PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:59 pm
    —
>Do units with M4's / M16's ever use more than single shot?
Rifles in game are single-shot weapons only. Funny, but AK-47 are automatic (SMG-class in game) while AK-74 are single-shot (Rifle-class in game). Although game still count capabilities in fire rates, so soldiers with automatic rifles will shoot more often that with bolt-action ones.

>What is "Neutral Deployment" in the editor referencing?  Is it possible to place Civilians?
Neutral deployment is for undoing occasionally misplaced red or blue deployment zone. Select it and click to any marked square on deployment map - it becomes clear. There is no civilians in this game.

>For units with underslung grenade launchers, is there an option / patch to not have them expend every single grenade on the first fire order beyond 10'?
Isn`t possible.

> ve noticed my M2A3's launch ATM's at infantry - is there a fix?
Vehicles fire at target with all weapons that can hit it, i.e. to infantry they will fire from all barrels, but to tanks they shoot only from AT-capable weapons. Also you must take count is that game engine know about weapons heights on vehicle. Consider the situation: your IFV placed behind the obstacle, then enemy soldiers encounter in view. The only weapon high enough to have LOS is missile tubes: so yes, IFV will fire ATGMs to infantry. 'AMBUSH' order most times will stop tanks & IFVs from wasting ammo to minor targets, until they enter close enough (~50 m in my observations). Also, if weapon is capable for different ammunitions, like MBT main gun, it will shoot AP-charge to infantry only first time, then will reload to something like HE or SP for next shoot.

>Is there a bone-fide reason we're given the option to take individual soldiers over whole sections?
One-man teams work as well as full sections in game (except some morale calculations), you free to use them if necessary.  

>Is there a strat guide that would give me better insights to how many units fit in X vehicle
Download ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatModernTactics/tools/CCMT_Data_Workbook.zip  , this file contains all weapons, teams & vehicles stats in game release. Some fixes made by updates later, but number of passenger seats not changed as i remember.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1