Mg 42's feel way too strong
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Mg 42's feel way too strong Author: Gonefishing PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm
    —
I was playing a grand campaign with my brother recently and was about ready to throttle something as his Mg 42's kept picking off my troops with ease. They supress troops inside building in two to three bursts, and refuse to be supressed in return.

I realize that in real life they were very effective but it feels like a broaken mechanic to me. How do I cope with well placed mg 42s without tanks?

#2: Re: Mg 42's feel way too strong Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:59 pm
    —
Smoke, mortars.... sometimes theres nothing you can do especially if they have multiple mg42s.

I like to defend Pegasus Bridge in GJS with up to 10 machine guns. Its very effective.

#3: Re: Mg 42's feel way too strong Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:17 am
    —
edit

#4: Re: Mg 42's feel way too strong Author: Heimdude PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm
    —
Attack from two different angles and use smoke. A minimum of 3 infantry units is what i prefer to use for each MG nest.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1