Deploy Rule
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Deploy Rule Author: nikin PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:32 pm
    —
We have "Victory Location Deploy Rule" ( http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122  ). But there are situations when VL are not at all.

See example - have two areas without VL.
Where in this case, the units can be placed?
Does the rule "connected squares" here (considering the last lost VL)?
Perhaps should be introduced the rule in such cases?

1.jpg
 Description:
before exe
 Filesize:  255.75 KB
 Viewed:  5385 Time(s)

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
after exe
 Filesize:  529.94 KB
 Viewed:  5385 Time(s)

2.jpg

#2: Re: Deploy Rule Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:54 pm
    —
In this case, the German entry force divided your deploy into two areas. I would say that this would be an exception to the rule and you should hve the option to deploy in both areas.

However..... I think you'd be better off placing all 15 units in top right. Make a run for the West bridge and try to get a VL on the other side. Gain all the three stories you can. This upper area of Caen is excellent for defence. Its also extremely hard to cross the bridges if this was a normal attack map. Good luck!

#3: Re: Deploy Rule Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 pm
    —
This problem happens when the default deploy area the game gives the entry force knocks the defenders off their only remaining VLs. Sometimes the game will do something like what's pictured, other times it will give each side half of the map. The issue or something similar will also sometimes occur where two BGs are entering at VLs that are very close to each other.

In the situation pictured I believe the fairest outcome is to only deploy in the area closes to the previous position of the forces (from the picture it looks like this is the top of the map).

In the situation where the game apportions half the map to each side, it's different in every case but generally it seems to me it's best to take up the general positions that would have been occupied before starting the battle. So that the stronger force isn't disadvantaged if you really want you can change the battle time for just this battle to allow time to take positions and then time to play out the regular battle time once forces are in position.

My guide here shows how to change times, you can use the same process to create any battle timeframe and then use the same process to set it back to normal.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1