Unity Engine
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Unity Engine Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:58 pm
    —
I looked at the list of games that uses this engine but found none that I or my son have ever played.

Does anyone here have any experience with this engine?

Unity 3D Engine

#2: Re: Unity Engine Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:16 pm
    —
Are you preparing yourself for the future?  Smile

#3: Re: Unity Engine Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:25 pm
    —
I too searched for that engine after the announcement of the new CC, but found no known game nor a game similar to CC, I found this today though: Something something Marauders

#4: Re: Unity Engine Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:33 pm
    —
I am

And I'm sometimes scared of it too.

I always want so much and most times get so little.

I could see me spending $250 million on trying to develop a game and it still not be finished. Embarassed

#5: Re: Unity Engine Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm
    —
From a Unity forum post i found

You have to realize that what Unity does, which IS special, is to lower the entry-bar to game programming. It provides a layer of abstraction that wraps the university-level stuff in cotton so well, that thousands of hopeful young people become interested enough, and encouraged enough, to try out programming. If you're a beginner, it's way easier to understand what's going on in a 3D coordinate system when you can rotate and move your objects in an editor instead of hitting your head against a brick wall every time you forget to wrap your transformations in calls to glPushMatrix and glPopMatrix, and your world gets completely fucked up because of it. What Unity does is bring graphics to the masses,

#6: Re: Unity Engine Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:56 pm
    —
Wizz bang Unity games

Unity Games list

#7: Re: Unity Engine Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am
    —
Okay,

At the list you linked to Schrecken, I looked for games that are "similar" to CC to see what can be expected, and found few such games. Engine Seems not to be the choince of the strategy game makers??

However, I found this strategy game and a video:

Game info (Iron Grip with unity engin) and a video.

#8: Re: Unity Engine Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:51 am
    —
That did not look good.

#9: Re: Unity Engine Author: TTorpedoLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm
    —
This one uses Unity, it will be browser based

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/04/26/mechwarrior-tactics-trailer-will-hex-your-world/

#10: Re: Unity Engine Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:02 pm
    —
To me "3D" translates as "difficult to mod".

Will Unity give us a map editor?

#11: Re: Unity Engine Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:20 pm
    —
a map editor will be provided (normaly).

#12: Re: Unity Engine Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:17 pm
    —
Hmmh

Maybe things are looking up then.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1