27%  [ 6 ]
I still play CC a lot
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
CC is my all time favorite, I play all the time
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

#1: Do you still play CC? Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:04 am
    —
Out of curiosity, how many people who visit CSO still play Close Combat (including original versions or any mods in existence)? By play I mean actually fire up the game and go through at least a battle or two or more. Simply messing around with graphics or modding doesn't count.

#2: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 am
    —
I play the mod I'm working on does that count?
I haven't seen any real progress in importing mods to the re-releases yet.

#3: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:54 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
I play the mod I'm working on does that count?
I haven't seen any real progress in importing mods to the re-releases yet.

Excellent question. Hadn't quite anticipated this. Basically the purpose of the question is to guage how popular CC is as a game as distinct from only how popular it is to mod it. I sometimes wonder how many people only fire up CC in order to mod something. Sometimes it is more fun to play around with graphics than it is to actually play the game.

I guess if you find yourself only playing as necessary to test something in your mod I wouldn't count it. For instance if you fire up the game to test a graphic and then end the game before completing a battle, only to see if the graphic works, then I wouldn't count it as "still playing". Otherwise, if you find yourself seriously playing through complete battles in your mod because you enjoy the game, then I would count it as "still playing".

#4: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 am
    —
That's true for the moment that I'm only playing to see if whats been edited works.
But until I experienced the GC Crash in WAR I was playing the AI quite regularly.
The Counter Offensive is a very nice Campaign to play.
Done several GC's (Until the point where the AI had no chance to win)

I hope once it's done and more Mods get properly converted I'll play more online.
But I never see anyone online.
Hence the reason I enlisted Salhexe to help me with the AI.

Currently were at
266 Weapons of different effectiveness
279 Soldiers with different specs
304 Allied Teams of varying degrees
292 Axis Teams of varying degrees

Yea it's had some bugs here and there but you can't find them if you don't play. :)

I voted for "I Play A lot"

#5: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: GaryChildress PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 am
    —
That's true for the moment that I'm only playing to see if whats been edited works.
But until I experienced the GC Crash in WAR I was playing the AI quite regularly.

I hope once it's done and more Mods get properly converted I'll play more online.

Currently were at

Yea it's had some bugs here and there but you can't find them if you don't play. :)

What is "the" GC Crash? Is it a regular problem with WAR?

#6: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:29 am
    —
Answered "a lot" but seldom play unaugmented CC.  Playing CC tLD Meuse at the moment when I hacve a free moment pending its imminent release

#7: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: Gunnar PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 am
    —

Currently were at

Keep up the good work michael!

#8: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: MajorFrank PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:01 pm
    —
Finishing up a Winter War GC now. Have played it occasionally for about 6 months whenever I have time. I quite enjoy this type of games that have a lot of tinkering to do, deal with strategy & tactics but that you can play it whenever you have time.

#9: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:50 pm
    —
I still play CC alot, but my game is heavily modified, by moi, which means it has a lot of the stuff I would want in a CC game.

If I was a user who could not have made mods (to CCMT), I would have pitched the game ions ago.  Idea

#10: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: 7A_WoulfLocation: Sweden PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 pm
    —
Until I find my CC5 disc (it's still MIA), or a final patch for LsA is released, I'll settle with Tetris or the Sims 3 when I fell the urge for some computer-gaming...

#11: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:26 pm
    —
I still play alot... mostly vs the AI for ease of time playing.

Lately it has been CC5 GJS with allied vetmod. I like the +14 Campaign and the Jupiter Op for decent play vs the AI.

#12: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:03 pm
    —
Only played half a dozen battles this year.

Given up on the developers, waiting for blessed release.

#13: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:09 pm
    —
GaryChildress wrote (View Post):
how many people who visit CSO still play Close Combat

Not many people visit the CSO these days.

:(

#14: Re: Do you still play CC? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:29 am
    —
Just fired up a game last week. CC5

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1