Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:22 pm
    —
I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I saw this over at the Matrix forum ... posted by Tejszd

Matrix forum link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3092392&mpage=1&#3104797

Thanks Tejszd and mod team

#2: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: keyser Soeze PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:43 pm
    —
Nice, played the old version and it was great!

#3: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:46 am
    —
Thanks to all who put this together.

#4: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:25 am
    —
0.wait till the 64 map version arrives... which reminds me, better keep coding

#5: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:57 am
    —
Off course, keep coding, but thank you all the same.  Arrow

I am sure I will enjoy these for a long time to come.  Idea

#6: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: MF_Church PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 am
    —
Wow!

Truly beautiful.

Very Well done.

And many thank you's!!

:)

#7: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:12 pm
    —
A challenging mod, and beautifully put together.  Hats off and standing ovation!

#8: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 pm
    —
Is it normal that the ovm maps are black?
One turn played but I already love it! Thanks!

#9: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:42 am
    —
ovm maps are black??? Definitely not normal and haven't seen that....

Thanks for taking the time to post guys it is appreciated!

I hope you do all enjoy and appreciate the changes, especially the effort of Southernland & Q.M with all the map drawing and coding!

#10: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:03 am
    —
yes all the ovm maps are black.
In every case thanks fot one of the best mod so far : great maps, agressive AI (I play the french and the AI is launching his troops in a coordinated manner. In Florenville by sample a part of the tanks have attacked the bridge, another part was coming by the marsh in the northern part of the maps). I don't have to wait 10 minutes when playing in a defense role, to see the AI attacking.
good work too on the at guns : the 75mm canon are doing a great job : they take casualties but are not blown up after a shot or two!

#11: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:34 am
    —
It looks good in my PC and my girlfriend asked what kind if stupid old French music i was playing Very Happy

#12: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: salhexe PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm
    —
Thanks Tejszd Very Happy

#13: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:50 am
    —
Fantastic fellas, The maps, gameplay.

Close Combat will never be dead with talent like yours around, truly a work of art.

That go's to all the modders out there!  Very Happy

Thankyou

#14: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:54 am
    —
How hard would it be to get this for WAR?
It looks great and I have completed a few GC's in CCV with this Mod but I don't own tLD.

#15: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 pm
    —
has anyone an idea for the ovm maps that don't appear correctly? I play in 1920*1080 in windowed mode as all the other cc version on my computer. I have looked in the maps folder and the ovm maps are well in.

#16: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:56 pm
    —
Had a crash after finishing round 2 on Vresse... (win7 64, 5.50.14b). Have granted admin rights to the exe now, see if this changes anything.

Great first impression, and the AI is pretty good! One small note: the description of the smoke grenades is in German (nebelhandgranate).

#17: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:12 pm
    —
Manio,

Haven't had any other reports of black OVM's. The Meuse map OVM files are built I believe per LSA's default sizing, do you have LSA and does it work with all the same resolution?

Couple things you can try;
- change screen resolution
- try playing full screen
- update Direct-X
- video drivers try newer or older (Nvidia once in the past broke CC). Also try changing some of the video card settings especially if they over ride a game's default setting.

Last edited by Tejszd on Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

#18: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:14 pm
    —
kweniston,

When did it crash? Where you able to to continue playing?

Examples;
- end of battle morale?
- air attack?
- certain vehicle destroyed?

#19: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:29 pm
    —
Tejszd wrote (View Post):
kweniston,
When did it crash? Where you able to to continue playing?

Just after finishing the battle (time ran out), the exe crashed to a windows error.
It was a tank heavy battle. I remember adding a PzIV to the Germans.

It might have nothing to do with the mod, but I will try the same battle again tonight.

#20: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:31 pm
    —
Thanks kweniston, time running out crash doesn't sound like a mod error but more likely an exe issue. Hopefully your second attempt tonight works fine....

#21: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:26 pm
    —
I have just checked my LSA and TLD games and... my ovm are also now black!!! Full screen and resolution changing don't help!
Very strange but I suspect the last drivers nvidia 296.10 WHQL.

#22: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am
    —
Thanks kweniston, time running out crash doesn't sound like a mod error but more likely an exe issue. Hopefully your second attempt tonight works fine....

I experienced the same sort of crash again, unfortunately... I finished Vresse this time, but afterwards I had a crash on Pouillon, right after finishing the battle timer... again, tank heavy battle, around 5 tanks destroyed on German side, 2 french tanks and 1 A gun détruits on my side... nothing really special besides that...

#23: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:48 am
    —
kweniston wrote (View Post):

I experienced the same sort of crash again, unfortunately... I finished Vresse this time, but afterwards I had a crash on Pouillon, right after finishing the battle timer... again, tank heavy battle, around 5 tanks destroyed on German side, 2 french tanks and 1 A gun détruits on my side... nothing really special besides that...

I've pretty much completed the GC in prerelease testing and have had about 3 crashes.  I'm assuming they're game related rather than mod related.  They haven't corupted the file which is the good thing and never had two in sequential games so you can move on

#24: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: dj PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 pm
    —
Is the .exe  file just a self-installer no mod configuration required?

Thanks Tejszd

#25: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:45 pm
    —
dj correct, the exe contains all the mod files and installs them in the proper location.

Thanks to Bernd for the tool!

#26: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:19 am
    —
The ovm maps problem was effectively a problem of driver (I was using the last beta nvidia driver).
I have experienced some crash at the end of the battles with a disappearance of my savegame.
Another thing : some sounds dissapear or are very low when playing with a headphone.

A pity of the end battle crash as this mod is very great.

#27: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 am
    —
Manoi the saved game problem in TLD was fixed with the latest beta version of TLD "CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe" that came out March 14/2012 are you using it?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3060832

#28: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:43 pm
    —
no I had seen it but didn't had a reason to download it! now well! Wink

#29: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 am
    —
southern_land wrote (View Post):

I've pretty much completed the GC in prerelease testing and have had about 3 crashes.  I'm assuming they're game related rather than mod related.  They haven't corupted the file which is the good thing and never had two in sequential games so you can move on

This is interesting.
It's probably the first time I've heard of the re-releases crashing after the last patches.
Is anyone playing Stock GC's who can confirm this?

We see it in a modified version of WAR

#30: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:01 pm
    —
kweniston and Southern_land can you both confirm you are running the latest version of CCTLD; CC-TheLongestDay-Update-55014b.exe?

I have been playing the mod for months and it has been stable. For the AAR I posted on the Matrix site that I started in late April I have gone through 5 days of 2 turns + 1 night resulting in 68 battles without a single crash.

My computer is;
Win7 64bit
Direct-X 11
Nvidia driver 285.62 for a GTS 450 card

What do you two have as that might help to identify a problem?

#31: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: dj PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:28 am
    —
Yes I am skeptical as anyone, but when I did download the latest patch for CoI...I was very impressed.  Not only does CoI run stable, but there is also a new updated game launch screen and I run it on Windows 7 on my Intel Mac.  Still has yet to crash even once.  AI is slightly better.

I believe they introduced a mega patch a year ago for all the CC Series re-releases.  Have not tried yet on TLD or LSA.

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

This is interesting.
It's probably the first time I've heard of the re-releases crashing after the last patches.
Is anyone playing Stock GC's who can confirm this?

We see it in a modified version of WAR

#32: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm
    —
Hello Tejszd,

I am indeed running the 14b beta patch. Further: Win7 64-bit, AMD Catalyst 12.3 (HD 6950 GPU), 8 Gb of Ram, Intel i5 2500k.
I must say I haven't tried a lot of battles yet.

I just noticed that the Meuse exe file is set to run at WinXP SP2 compatibility mode, perhaps I should change this, to what? To no compatibility?

#33: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:13 pm
    —
Checked my Win7 CCE install none of the exe files are set to use compatibility mode. I would turn it off....

#34: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm
    —
kwenistonm you have private message on the Matrix forum from the CC programmer who would like a bit more info from you on the crashes you experienced....

#35: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 am
    —
kwenistonm did changing to not use compatibility mode fix the crashes you were experencing?

#36: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm
    —
Works perfect so far on my Intel Mac.  I reinstalled TLD on my new computer, applied the latest patch and then installed .exe
Seems like the AI performance is better now and the AI vehicles are finally smart enough to go on attack instead of driving around in circles or wandering aimlessly.

#37: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:22 pm
    —
Thanks for the feedback dj!!!

#38: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:27 am
    —
Just to say one more time : thanks to the Meuse team for this great mod. SL : you have done the best maps ever done! I was first not convinced by the new buildings but it is master work!
A pity the mod was not released for LSA... Wink

#39: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:20 pm
    —
Thanks Manoi, SL did an awesome job on the maps!

Next for Meuse is getting to the 64 map strat so everyone can see the rest of SL's maps.

After that LSA... LSA was not the original target due to all the data changes req'd.

#40: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 pm
    —
Thanks Manoi, two more maps to finishing coding and we can start putting together the 64 map edition

#41: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:33 pm
    —
Manoi wrote (View Post):
I was first not convinced by the new buildings

I wasn't sure about the buildings either until I compared them with those from CC5, where really the only hard lines are the roof tiles and chimneys.  I did a few tests and worked out the best way to grab the images... grab them slightly larger than I needed for the game.  If they were the right size they were too difficult to lift from the back ground, if they were too large resizing lost too much detail

I spent hours plundering google earth, mostly in Germany... they seem to have the highest definition imagery.

Anywhere aerial photo'ed by Aerowest (which was a lot of the german metropolitan areas and close surrounds) was good enough to grab pic from.

#42: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:31 pm
    —
you have in every case made a good work with the scale! Everything look proportionate.

#43: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 am
    —
Just a small update on Meuse;

- work is in progress on the 64 map strat for TLD
- work is in progress on converting to LSA

No ETA's on either but they are both in progress with bigger strat most likely being done first. The amount of changes/work to convert to LSA is huge (probably better almost to do a mod from the start for it)....

#44: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:11 pm
    —
This is good news.
Would would you have any issues with someone importing it to WAR?
I haven't started but I really want to.

#45: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:44 am
    —
Hey platoon_michael, Meuse TLD works on WAR with the latest patch applied.... Not sure how you can get the files out of Meuse TLD installer if you don't have TLD???

#46: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: BordicLocation: Gothic Line, Italy PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:31 am
    —
Just a small update on Meuse;

- work is in progress on the 64 map strat for TLD
- work is in progress on converting to LSA

do you mean a new stratmap image, not based upon Cotentin peninsula?

#47: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm
    —
Yes Bordic the new strat will not use he CC5 layout....

#48: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:16 pm
    —
Been playing the GC again
Been a long time since I had.

Great Mod,it really is

But I can't help but wonder about the Tree's that were selected on some of the maps.

Seems to me the really bright green Tree's should have only been used in areas that depicted where there was a lot of sun and not just randomly placed.

UO0083.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  415.47 KB
 Viewed:  583 Time(s)

UO0083.jpg

#49: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:50 pm
    —
Thank you for the feedback!

When I first got that map after it was coded I thought the mix of bright and dark trees looked a bit weird too as the original version was pretty much one colour/shade.. But who is to say either way is right or wrong? I'm sure pictures could be found to back up either way....

#50: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:49 pm
    —
looks great !

I ve installed but i cant play it
when i want start a game in the menu and i click PLAY : i get the following error '' no scenario files found you need to reinstall close combat ''

reinstalled it but does not help

help me tejszd

#51: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:01 am
    —
Hi chessmaster,

Based on the message CC is not seeing the single battles, operations or campaign files.

Since you are in the TLD forum I'm assuming you have Meuse for TLD???

- Did the self installer CCTLDModMeusev3.5.0.exe run without an error?
- What version of Windows are you using and what directory is TLD installed to?
- Check the following directory "\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Battles" there should be 20 individual battle files
- Check the following directory "\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Ops" there should be 1 operation
- Check the following directory "\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Campaign" there should be 6 campaign files

If it is CC5 Meuse you are trying to install using the plugin manager it sounds like the installation failed. Unfortunately that means you need to uninstall CC5 and reinstall it along with the 5.01 patch. Then make sure you have grabbed the following files from the locations indicated;

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&cid=29

CC5_Meuse1940_v3.4_mappack.zip
CC5_Meuse1940_v3.4_plugin.zip

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7825&highlight=

Meuse_v34_PatchC_2009_11_15.zip
Nouzon.zip

Then make a copy of your CC5 folder in case the install fails so you can go back very easily and quickly.

- unzip the mappack into the CC5 maps folder
- unzip the contents of the plugin to the plugin manager directory if using it
- rename the .pln main plugin file to zip
- add the new files from the patch followed by Nouzon zip into the renamed file
- rename the zip back to plugin
- run the plugin manager

#52: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 pm
    —
yep, its a failed install cause the files are there .. i ll reinstall cc5 shortly and keep you up to date

thanks for the Huge explanation Wink maybe i m not the only one who will get this error

#53: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:28 pm
    —
one more question do i need to reinstall the whole close combat or just TLD?  

geeeeee a lot of work.. reinstall all those stuff again

oh yes about your questions:
Since you are in the TLD forum I'm assuming you have Meuse for TLD???    YES

- Did the self installer CCTLDModMeusev3.5.0.exe run without an error?     YES
- What version of Windows are you using and what directory is TLD installed to?   Windows 7 and its installed in the default directory, like you say where the scenarios are

#54: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:06 pm
    —
Still not 100% sure which version of CC is giving you a problem as you mentioned both CC5 and TLD in your posts.

If CC5 - mods can easily unfortunately corrupt your install due the mod plugin not uncompressing or copying/moving files properly. In this case you need uninstall CC5, delete any directories/files and then reinstall and patch.

If TLD - uninstall Meuse mod using the uninstaller and reinstall the mod. As long as use mods that use the installer all mods files are put in their own sub directory keeping the original TLD and its installed patches all intact.

Edit: just thought of something what are you trying to play? If it a stock saved game it will fail as you started TLD using the mod files (your background changed to Meuse).

#55: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 am
    —
Meuse meuse meuse!!!!

one of my favourite mods, largely underrated for cc5 imho, really glad to see it's been updated, thanks to all involved, will make TLD a useful purchase!

;) thanks!

#56: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:26 pm
    —
mike you know that you profile picture is porn right ? :D

Tejszd
: i m not sure either, but i uninstalled TLD and reinstalled it and TLD worked then installed your meuse then it didnt work anymore i get that error again when i click PLAY

my TLD is installed in the following directory : C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day

and my Close Combat 5 is in a different directory in : C:\Program Files\SSI

Only thing I didnt try yet is to wipe off everything and reinstall close combat 5, that would be a realy shame cause CC5 works perfectly and my mods i install with Cfg work perfect 2. Even the old MEUSE mod for cc5 works perfect

#57: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm
    —
Don't touch CC5....

When you reinstalled Meuse for TLD was this the file you ran; CCTLDModMeusev3.5.0.exe? You do not want to replace any files manually.

#58: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm
    —
mikwarleo wrote (View Post):
Meuse meuse meuse!!!!

one of my favourite mods, largely underrated for cc5 imho, really glad to see it's been updated, thanks to all involved, will make TLD a useful purchase!

;) thanks!

Thanks mikwarleo!

The TLD version of the mod is much improved thanks to Southernland's map making skills, TLD (is more stable than CC5 and adds a few features; BG's retreating, BG's without fuel can't move, night, etc. that make a better game/mod) along with a few years of additional tweaks to the data/graphics/etc.....

#59: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:09 am
    —
CCTLDModMeusev3.5.0.exe

yes its this file, so whatsup? something wrong with it? do i need a different setup file

#60: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:33 am
    —
No the file should be good, as there has been 435 downloads as of today but your the only one who has reported this problem....

Can you take a screen shot of the error and post the jpg here???

#61: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 am
    —
chessmaster wrote (View Post):
mike you know that you profile picture is porn right ? Very Happy

Shocked

Wink

I say again MEUSE!!!! HOT DAMN BITCHES. ROCK N ROLL. GIDDY DA F UP. HAZAR. GOT AWESOMENESS? JUP JUP JUP!!!!

#62: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:21 am
    —
propossed new map for the 64 map version  (eventually) for LSA   Where the bridge will be blowable forcing the germans to cross further north near the lock

new-Dinant.gif
 Description:
can you capturte the bridge fast enough to stop it blowing or do you fancy crossing the Meuse in rubber rafts under French fire?
 Filesize:  816.75 KB
 Viewed:  468 Time(s)

new-Dinant.gif

#63: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:32 am
    —
I vote for rubber rafts  Idea

#64: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:59 pm
    —
propossed new map for the 64 map version  (eventually) for LSA   Where the bridge will be blowable forcing the germans to cross further north near the lock

Looks awesome. The new 64 map version for LSA with blowable bridges will bring this mod to a near-perfect status!

#65: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm
    —
Great teaser Southernland!

1st step once the new 64 map strat is ready is to add it along with the 20 additional maps to Meuse1940 for TLD/WAR then the conversion to LSA work will be done (I've started but I'm finding it hard/work find ever little that is different; ex. button/icon size changes, 400+ old images from the .gdg files, all new force pool format to do/understand, etc.)

#66: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 am
    —
i ll put up a screenshot soon, i ve deinstalled tld and the mod

real shame.. real wanna play this !!! for some time now.. pff what a nice mod

#67: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 am
    —
in what directory is the longest day installed with you guys?

here a screenshot of the error, when i click PLAY

Last edited by chessmaster on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total

error meuse for tld.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.32 KB
 Viewed:  360 Time(s)

error meuse for tld.png

#68: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:49 am
    —
I installed TLD on my computer to D:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day

#69: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:28 am
    —
i posted the screenshot up ! ;)

yup same directory here

error meuse for tld.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  441.32 KB
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

error meuse for tld.png

#70: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am
    —
I was able to recreate the error by deleting all the mods included battles, ops and campaigns files...

Do you have the following directories (spelled exactly as shown below)? Are the directories empty?

D:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Battles
- there should be 20 files in this directory
D:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Campaign
- there should be 6 files in this directory
D:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Ops
- there should be 1 file in this directory

#71: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:08 pm
    —
yes checks out allright, all the files are there

only the directory is a bit different for example for ops

C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\Meuse\Data\Ops

there is no games like yours

#72: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:37 pm
    —
just a thought but click on the files and make sure they're not read only?

#73: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm
    —
just a thought but click on the files and make sure they're not read only?

yes i ve checked that, they all readable

now i installed it on another pc and I have the exact same error there wtf?? i m getting really desperate :p

#74: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:22 am
    —
its like a riddle i poundering to find the solution..

- maybe i need to make an extra directory called games 2
- or maybe i should just but the whole stuff in close combat cc5 map?

having this error repeat itself on another computer suggest there is a problem with one of the installation files, the longest day install or the meuse install file

i have no problem playing longest day so there is something wrong with the meuse install file??? put with other people it all works... hit a wall BAM

#75: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:20 am
    —
I don't think it the self installer but something with your particular Windows or TLD installs as it has been downloaded 455 times from the Red Devils website 98 times from the CCS website and nobody else has said they have had this problem....

What version of Windows are you running? I have Win7 64bit.
What language/region settings? English / Canada

For some reason CC is not seeing the mod sub-directories; battles, operations and campaigns and or the files in them.

Start Regedit and check the following keys to make sure the path is right;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CCTLD\Mods
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day

Both the above should be similar to my entry; "D:\Games\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day"

#76: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:09 am
    —
maybe i forgot to patch the longest day, i ll check that

i ll be checking regedit 2

#77: Re: Meuse is out ... seen at Matrix forum Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:07 am
    —
in regedit those entries are not in Wow6432Node? how do i get them to that place

and about your map games? should i put in a map games 2?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1