Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

#1: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 pm
    —
Hi

I'm playing a camapaign H2H and have come across a problem.  The game crashes when trying to play the Platkow map.  On looking in the map pack I see it doesn't exist,  Is there a work around or are the map files available elsewhere.  I've looked in the individual map section but its not there either.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:08 am
    —
I believe that the map is in your maps folder... its just that it does not always load.  There are other BoB maps that exhibit the same symptom.  Again, I believe its something to do with how the trees are coded on some of the maps.

#3: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:37 am
    —
Is it my orginal "bugged" version or is it one of several vetmod versions?

Cant recall any chrashes back in 2005 because of the maps, there were a LOT of crashes related to single battles but i dont have the energy to explain 5.00 and 5.01 and reason for single battle crashes over and over again, sorry..

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2885&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Mats

#4: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: Iron45 PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:45 pm
    —
Thanks for the replies.

Tripwire is correct, I could see the map by clicking in the in the Strategic screen but what I couldn't understand was the lack of map files called Platkow in the maps download. Presumably its Platkow in the Strategic screen but another name in the Maps folder, maybe Ps1 etc.

Yes Sapa it is your original 'bugged' version.  First let me take the opportunity to say thankyou very much for your mod.  It must have taken an enormous amount of your time and I for one do appreciate it.

I did read the previous posts about the Dll file and downloaded the one you made available.  Before that we couldn't play H2H but the correct dll file copied into the 'Packages' folder enabled us to do so, thankyou again.  We have played a number of games successfully except for one typical cc5 0.00 time crash.  This map problem was something different.  As well as not been able to open the map H2H I couldn't open it as a solo battle against the AI.  I also found that I couldn't then open maps which I could open before.

Problem solved.  I should have done this scientifically but unfortunately I didn't.  I downloaded and copied all the Maps into the Maps folder again.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled the BoB mod.  It now works fine as a solo player and will hopefully H2H.  Whether the reinstall did the job or the original downlaod was suspect I don't know.  If something similar happens again I'll try and find out and post it here.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks Iron45

#5: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: Sapa PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:52 pm
    —
Great!  I wish and i had the time and energy to make Berlin 2..

I didnt think that the mod would be that popular when i started back in 2005. It was my first try to make a mod and im am not pleased with it at all! except the great maps by Southern_Land of course (and always).

From what i know now i am sure of that it could be 100 times better Crying or Very sad

Real life has called with family and my fathers illness for years (he passed away this februari) and the work and time it takes to make a mod...i dont know if i ever again will get that energy...

greetings Mats

#6: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 am
    —
you need to learn to delegate Mats,  Laughing

#7: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: Sapa PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:49 am
    —
You are probably right Shane   Smile

#8: Re: Platkow map does not appear in the mappack download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:39 am
    —
find some minions

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1