Hi y'all - this has been a while!
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:14 pm
    —
Hi to all,

First need to thank mooxe to bring me back to live  Laughing

Probably will need some time to scroll to the complete forum, but hints are welcome were to start Idea

Only need to search were you guys hang out most of the time playing on line and of course need to remove some dust from some old cd's.

#2: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:58 am
    —
Welcome back bambam887!

If you don't have TLD you should pick it and download the new version of Meuse for TLD.

Thanks to Southernland it includes many new maps!

Thanks to the Gen_Jack and the Red Devils Close Combat Clan for hosting it;

Red Devils web site: http://reddevilscc.com/

Meuse Mod Direct Download Link: http://reddevilscc.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=59

#3: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:35 am
    —
Hello again

Nice see ye back!

Ppl still play the old games.

Game ranger is for H2H.

/S

#4: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:07 am
    —
Ok feel again like noob  Wink

What's TLD ?

#5: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:46 pm
    —
During your absents the old CC-game has been rereleased by Matrix games.  

You may wonder why TJ posted a link to the TLD-mod that goes outside CCS! I let MOOXE explain why mods to the “rereleases” is not added to CCS download section:

mooxe wrote (View Post):
.I have also stopped adding mods for the re-releases, the reason being they are still in beta version aparantly and new patches may have adverse effects on the mods.

This is a tread named “Matrix games a disservice to the CC community” it may explains some of the feeling toward the Matrix CC-games: Link to the thread:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9546

#6: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: AT_Stalky PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:51 pm
    —
Are u in contact with old Zapp?

#7: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:00 pm
    —
TLD = Close Combat: The Longest Day from Matrix Games (CC5 re-release using WAR engine with bug fixes and new features)  

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/368/details/Close.Combat:.The.Longest.Day

They also have these other CC games;
LSA = Close Combat - Last Stand Arnhem (very loosely based on CC2 using TLD engine with some new features)
CCMT = Clos Combat Modern Tactics (CCM re-release)
WAR = Close Combat - Wacht am Rhein (CC4 re-release using CC5 with bug fixes and some new features)
COI = Close Combat - Cross of Iron (CC3 re-release)

#8: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: diggin.robatLocation: Land of the krauts PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:37 pm
    —
Nice to see old vets coming back!  :D

cheers!

#9: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:05 pm
    —
Speaking of old vets; diggin.robat the old WW1 CC leader....

#10: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:40 am
    —
Hey Bam Bam
Long time no see
Welcome back

Good Luck figuring out what to buy,and catching up.

#11: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:10 pm
    —
I remember...my memory got a reflash from years ago.  : )  Welcome back.

#12: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 am
    —
Should you be interested you can view the WAR (Wacht Am Rhein) maps Here  in full size.

The other two re-releases I have no idea if anyone did them full size.

#13: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 pm
    —
I got from the new ones WAR and CCMT
Also in possesion of course is CC2 => CC5.

My son is getting older and is step by step learning the game.
I  prefer to set up 2 LT on a table (and conncet via RJ 45) rather then having the whole house filled with plastic soldiers  Wink

Got one question concerning WAR if you want to play it H2h; Does both of the games require the same patch update?

Any topics about vista or WIN7 I need to read?

Need to see in the DL Section what is new for the good old CC 5 Idea

@ Stalky,

Has been a while since I was in touch with him, I can have a look if I find his old mailadress if you want.

#14: Re: Hi y'all - this has been a while! Author: US_BrakeLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:24 pm
    —
Beware Soldats! Bambam was spotted in gameranger!

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1