my CCS account information has probably been stolen
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: my CCS account information has probably been stolen Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:38 am
    —
today i found my email account hacked.
according to the media, there have been 300000 account hackings with stolen passwords. the password i used for that email account was the one i also used on this website, and nowhere else. the email linked to my account here was the one that got hacked.
so either i used the same password on a third site without remembering, which seems unlikely to me, or there has been a breach of security on CCS.

#2: Re: my CCS account information has probably been stolen Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:40 am
    —
This is a pretty small time site. My bet is the site you use, "gmx.de" was hacked. Its a free email site, and its normal for them to be targetted. Yahoo was also hacked recently, and Hotmail has in the past too multiple times.

#3: Re: my CCS account information has probably been stolen Author: dj PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:01 am
    —
STAY AWAY from Yahoo , Google and Hotmail !  All 3 are crap and get hacked 24/7.   Yahoo and Google in particular archive each and every hit stored away in data warehouses for eternity.  Who knows what they do with all our personal data.  Google in particular watch-out for.  They were just fined by U.S. government for hacking into Apple's Safari web brower to over-ride the "Private Browsing" feature so they could secretly collect data.  That tells you all you need to know about "free" web mail by the big Corporate owned providers.  Apple's "Private Browsing" feature was not quite so private thanks to the sheisters that run Google.

#4: Re: my CCS account information has probably been stolen Author: ActionJacksonDX PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:26 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
This is a pretty small time site. My bet is the site you use, "gmx.de" was hacked.

as i said, the attack on the gmx accounts has been identified as an attack with stolen password/email adress combinations. stolen elsewhere.
being small does not protect you from black hats. my guess is, they didn't even bother to personally hack into here, but ran a script that scans for common security holes among smaller sites. the only possible source for the stolen password was here.

#5: Re: my CCS account information has probably been stolen Author: CC_CO PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:05 pm
    —
It could be a breach here in CCS.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1